Author Topic: Diabolo and stilts  (Read 1876 times)

Crazy_Clown

Diabolo and stilts
« on: April 05, 2006, 12:25:35 am »
I'm learning to walk on stilts at the moment and I was considering to try, when i get a bit better at it, to do diabolo while on stilts. I was thinkins of making my own set of long sticks to make it even more bizarre and maybe a long string could work too...

Anyone has any experience on this or something similar??

Crazy Clown
|)><(|

seán_

Diabolo and stilts
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 12:47:19 am »
I have done it a few times. just using my regular set up. mainly one and 2 diabolo and one go at three low for a laugh.
I use Drywall stilts (durastilts) so its not that hard

Long sticks might be usefull and better than very long string because that just feels weird.
Holding your hands lower than usual can get a nice effect.

The worst thing is drops, you need a slave or just hope you can reach the floor with your string.
Barnesy, Spink and Dave P (also Chris? from Birmingham?) have seen a crossdressing stiltwalking diaboloist during a Swamp Circus show, He was doing around the leg amongst other tricks

Crazy_Clown

Diabolo and stilts
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 10:58:13 am »
I just wanted to do the weirdest thing I could think of...

I know, the drops will be annoying, I thought about that. It's not very good for practice if there's noone around... I'll see what i can do...

I can't see how you would do around the legs tricks, but i'll have a go. If I succeed I'll try to film it and post it here, but it will probably take me a while, i havent got much time for practice at the moment

Thanks for the advice,

Crazy Clown
|)><(|

barnesy

• Administrator
Diabolo and stilts
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 11:57:53 am »
If you can't get your leg through, you could do some sort of trick that would let you pass a stick under a leg.  Or you could just deliberately place it there without bothering with a trick, but that'd be the dull approach.  Or you could just bend your leg and do around the knee instead.