Author Topic: Fire Diabolo's a few questions  (Read 2647 times)

DiaboloWebb

Fire Diabolo's a few questions
« on: November 19, 2006, 10:33:19 pm »
I'm planning on getting some fire diabolo's when i'm better at not hitting myself with my diabolos (could be slightly more painful with a large, hot, flaming lump of steel) First of all which would you recomend? i cant make up my mind beween 2 fyrefly's or 2 nesbits, buget is no problem. Second, what fire diabolo string would you recomend? fire toy's or kevlar stuff? Thirdly, where can i buy liquid paraffin at a fairly cheap price?

Thanks
Aiden
ALIENS ARE COMING TO ABDUCT ALL THE GOOD LOOKING AND SEXY PEOPLE.

YOU WILL BE SAFE; I'M JUST WRITING THIS TO SAY GOODBYE.

Martijn

Re: Fire Diabolo's a few questions
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 10:52:40 pm »
All of these questions have been covered before. Have a look under "Fire" in the trick and video archive sticky.
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

seán_

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2006, 11:30:26 pm »
except Paraffin source. in the UK the two usual places are petrol stations (usually seasonal with the bbq stuff) and garden centres.
Theres an age requirement (18) which should tell you something.

Tom Derrick

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 01:32:08 am »
And if you're going to get 2, possibly take a bit of time to think about how you're going to get them both spinning. Throw-ins could be a little tricky...

stroevey

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 08:45:54 am »
Maybe a rocket start and lighting the diabolos in the rocket start position...just dont stuff up so you have to restart lol :P
Diabolo, is art.
Art is beautiful
Beautiful is diabolo

Crazy_Clown

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2006, 09:39:04 am »
You can also buy paraffin in most hardware shops.
If you can afford nesbits don't doubt about it, i havent personally tried them but apparently they are much better than firefli's. However, if you have a look at the old threads about fire, i think the best way is to make your own fire toys from normal diabolos like circus (that's what I use). Be careful and don't use a massive wick or they will melt for sure. There are instructions on how to  make your own in several places, I think the best one is with a tuna can. This can avoid the starting problem since the diabolo itself doesnt get hot so you can hold it in your hand if you are careful. also, depending on the flame size you can use normal string too, which is a great advantage.

The string in fire toys is kevlar string, i bought quite a bit of it not too long ago and im100% sure they are the same thing (or at least very similar). I heard of a guywho uses a tiner kevlar string for his diabolo and it works quite ncely, i wouldnt know where to get it though, his father or someone close to him works with it.

Good luck!! pm me if you need links to old threads, i cant get them right now
|)><(|

DiaboloWebb

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2006, 01:26:01 pm »
And if you're going to get 2, possibly take a bit of time to think about how you're going to get them both spinning. Throw-ins could be a little tricky...

I'm practising rocket start extensivly. Trying to perfect it, if it goes wrong then i can align it with fire proof gloves on.

All of these questions have been covered before. Have a look under "Fire" in the trick and video archive sticky.

Sorry, didn't realise, i assumed that this should be posted in the "Gear" forum as it has nothing to do with Tricks and Videos
ALIENS ARE COMING TO ABDUCT ALL THE GOOD LOOKING AND SEXY PEOPLE.

YOU WILL BE SAFE; I'M JUST WRITING THIS TO SAY GOODBYE.