Author Topic: Diabolos in dreams  (Read 10597 times)

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
Diabolos in dreams
« on: May 27, 2006, 04:45:10 pm »
Well, everyone dreams about something each night. Have you ever had that night when there was a diabolo in the dream? What was it? Lets see how many others have dreamed about the diabolo, and where that dream has taken them. Also has the dream influenced you in any ways?
Go Draco with your Diabolo!
http://frogfighters.com/godraco/

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
Diabolos in dreams
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006, 05:26:06 pm »
Alright, ill go first while i'm at it.

This happened last night actually. I had a dream about me loosing all my diabolos in some huge gutter that was pretty deep (but you can still see the diabolos). The water in it was rising, and I was somehow getting some out with a long string and wrapping one by one. The strange thing in the dream was that there were my diabolos in there... but also like 20 more.  

I also have another one that I remember.

It was a few months ago, so I might have forgotten some things. So I guess I traveled to some diabolo camp or convention for a vacation (that will be cool if they have summer camps wouldn’t it?), and there were lots of diaboloists. But it wasn’t like any other camp. This camp or convention grouped 3 diaboloists together; I think it was me, Matt Hall, and Matt Brown in my group. Anyways we were in groups of three, and the competition was to reach some prize in which we had to go through the jungle and many obstacles. So the thing started, there must have been at least 15 groups, and we all set out to get the prize. First off, there were not much difficult obstacles to get passed but we also had to use our diabolos to hit switches high up which opened up some pathways, suicides to cut down trees and plants in our way, and other tricks to do other various tasks. It is like the skills of the diabolo were not used just for fun, but survival as well. So yeah, me, matt, and matt_ were on the adventure still, but all of a sudden we reached some huge lake in our way. The light that beamed through the heavy canopy above gleamed off of the water and lit up the place we were in. There were a few boats in the lake, and we all hopped into one. There were also other contenders that we saw getting nearby (we were second by the way; I think some people in the MFP were first). So we got into the boats, but the only problem was that there were no oars... and this was a weird part but we used our diabolos as propellers to go faster. So all three of us were speeding the diabolos as fast as we can. Me on the left with a very well spun 2 diabolos, Matt on the right also with 2, and Brown at the back center of the boat with an extremely spun up one diabolo. Hall and I both put our 2d shuffles in hyperloops and placed them in the water, resulting in our boat darting forward at like 20 mph, and matt_ put his in giving extra speed, but brown was more of the rudder of the whole dealie. The diabolos did not loose much speed as they were in the water, and many bubbles came out of all the spin from the diabolos with their cups faced to the back way of the boat. We did this for quite a few times, spinning then placing them back into the water, but finally we reached the other side. Diabolos all dripping, and somewhat wet ourselves, we hopped off the boat and continued our adventure. We did not exactly know where we were going, but as we put a diabolo in excalibur mode it acted as a compass after catching a genocide from it, with the stick pointing to where our next path will be. So we followed it, getting pretty tired now. It must have been a few hours since this contest started. Not too long after the boat and river, we reached our next obstacle. This one was way more fearsome. Ahead of our trio was a huge hole (or trench) blocking the path. It seemed almost endless, but as I looked into it I could barely see a floor in the darkened ditch as my head got dizzy and I felt as if though I were getting sucked into it. There seemed to be no way to get passed this... but moments later all three of us saw a thin wooden plank that was atop some very long columns coming from the bottom of the hole. The other side was not too far away, but it was very scary nonetheless. So all three got out one diabolo, and went into infinite suicide to help balance as we crossed. As we got to the end of the plank, we were trapped as we found some other plank all molded out. It was also too far to jump, and by now our diabolos were spinning at a good rate. Matt hall, being the first on the plank of the group looked into the canopy and noticed that there was a low branch that you can probably hit with a genocide and swing across, so each of us did that, but we all lost a diabolo from not catching it with the genocide, and as the last one of us swung across we broke the branch in order to not loose our tangled handsticks either. Finally, it seemed that our journey was almost over. We had come to a huge wall in our path, and lots of trees were cleared out, making one huge circle in front of the wall that had a diabolo carving on it. Here we saw another group, the MFP which consisted of Priam, Tony, and Trash. The three of them, dressed in their popular black performing suits stepped towards us, and we knew that a battle would take place right in that cleared circle.

And unfortunately this is when I woke up, and I was kind of pissed off that I did, because the dream was real cool. So I don’t really know how, but the dream somewhat inspired me because in it there were many skilled diaboloists, and it did also take great skill to get passed the obstacles (although many seemed illogical). I tried to tell the dream as best I could remember, and also added extra details to help imagine it better.

Hope to hear some of your guys dreams as well!

Matt_

• Donator
Diabolos in dreams
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2006, 05:37:37 pm »
i made it into the dream  8)

i dont think i've had any "epic" diabolo dreams...probably just a regular ones of me just practicing..

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
Diabolos in dreams
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2006, 06:02:34 pm »
Lol yeah. It dont actually have to be an epic dream, just any with a diabolo in it.

OLOBAID

• VotW Contributor
Diabolos in dreams
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2006, 06:17:21 pm »
great topic!!!
i also had a very strange dream 2 weeks ago!
in that dream my family bought a new house directly at the sea. in the evening we sat around and watched the sea, we realized the water was rising higher and higher and started to wash into the new house. there were also some strange abyss-like(the movie) watercreatures jumping out of the sea, again and again and the mood was becoming threateningly.
it seemed like those creatures wanted to warn us to leave this place. so we went to the car to leave when i realized i forgot my diabolos in the house, so i had to go back into the flooded house - funny, in that dream my diabs were the only personal things and it was absolutly neccesary to save them.

till this point the dream was very detailed and COLORED (which is rarely in my dreams) the part to get my diabs out of the house was not so excitingly in comparence the main thing i remember of this part is somehow i could get the diabs and made it back to the car. so it was happy ended!
-it definately was one of my strangest dreams and i will surly remember it for a long time. and no, i did not take any drugs :wink: !

@Dracodragon
interesting that in your dream the diabolos were threatened by the water too!

i wonder if there are any "freudians" on this forum :oops:

--- watch Videos on YouTube, visit my Website or mail to hiwatt@gmx.at ---

Lauri

Diabolos in dreams
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2006, 06:43:42 pm »
I have had some dreams of me doing 3d and 4d low, too bad they are only dreams..

DAMIEN

Diabolos in dreams
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2006, 06:13:22 am »
i had this dream were i was doing 4d and i did like this 360 duicide through the legs it was so cool pitty it was a dream :(
GO HARD OR GO HOME DIABOLO FOREVER!
I LOVE 2 DIABOLO'S!

t4Unt<ALeX>

Diabolos in dreams
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2006, 10:25:56 am »
lol draco dragon has wrote a story but that was sweet.

the only dream i have had of diabolo'ing is that i was able to do 2 diabolo's and do infinate suicides with both at the same time, i think thats imposible but that was one weird dream!

Domi

• VotW Contributor
Diabolos in dreams
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2006, 02:39:09 pm »
I had only a Dream that I can do 3diabs
domi

Valium

• Donator
Diabolos in dreams
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2006, 06:15:28 pm »
I cant remember any diabolo related dream, but often I cant sleep because new ideas for tricks and combos are going through my head

Scooby

Diabolos in dreams
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2006, 03:20:38 am »
I cant remember any diabolo related dream, but often I cant sleep because new ideas for tricks and combos are going through my head

Me and my friend adam both get this problem  (even though i "supposably have Cronic Fatigue or somthing)

You see Adam and i havent go a street show yet, but we have SOOO much stuff to put into it, if we ever got around to making it, it would be Awsome!

but everytime we say "Come over to mine and we will make the street show  (and sometimes we kindof do) we trail off play music, make a small un-editied diabolo movie (if you want me to put it up??) and get drunk and play jan ken pon.  :lol:   (good nights)

i have a thaught that if we had a diabolo string that is about 6m long (or such we could hold one stick at either end of the stage (or if it was renegade up the centre of the audience?)  and we get one diabolo spinning on it, then adam rolls it to me and when it gets close to me, i grab the string (so that its kindof acting like a stick, do a trick (like mini-gen) then roll it (or throw it because of the spin) back to adam and he does the same.

or if we had a really good street show, we could use the longs string and make people hold the sticks at either ends of the stage (or street whatever) and we could get like 5 diabolos spinning on it and such

any suggestions?

sorry for the long post.
/i have no life :lol:
------------------------------------------------
ALL YOUR DIABOLO ARE BELONG TO US!!!
------------------------------------------------

fredo

Diabolos in dreams
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2006, 08:24:28 pm »
I`m just like Valium, sometimes I`m so excited, that I can't sleep when learning something new :roll:

Christopher

Re: Diabolos in dreams
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2006, 12:47:51 am »
I dreamed about this a few months ago:

once i was travelling to japan, and i met Makky and he said he had 12 Bandais in his house. so i asked him if i can have some of them and he said yes.  so on the next day, he gave me six.  then the bad part happened.  our family was walking back a slope and the a terrorist was there and he was trying to shoot people, then he saw us and was trying to shoot us.  fortunately no one in our family got hurt, not even the 6 bandais.

looby

• Donator
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2006, 10:15:50 am »
I had a blinder last night.

Bearing in mind I've never been able to do a fan and probably never will, I was loving last night.  I cant remember what circumstances surrounded it but at one point I got into an s-fan, kept it going thinking wow, managed a 180, still going strong and managed to pull a further 540. I even landed it perfectly with the fritz release.

Then I was woken up by an irate mother at 8.30 this morning  :(

P.s Now to try and remember the technique  :)
Rennes July 10-17th 2011!

one.man.band

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2006, 05:32:42 pm »
I learned how to do genocides in a dream.
Not sure how many times my diabolos have been in the pond

tomangleberger

• Donator
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2006, 12:20:22 am »
I just had a dream where I was reading an email from Sean and he was thoroughly critiquing my VOTW submission. It seemed like he was going to use it despite it's faults. Sure hope that dream comes true!

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2006, 12:28:12 am »
I had a dream once that I had to solve for the equations of motion of a two diabolo shuffle for my Dynamics and Controls class, and I was having a devil of a time doing it.  I ended up waking up before I solved it, realized what a nerd I was, and went back to sleep.

-Nate
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

DiaboloWebb

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2006, 08:27:07 pm »
had a weird one the other day, i was trying (and failing) to teach Norbi, the Sharpes bro's, Sean, Martijn and all the MFP how to do 4 diabolo minicolomns while then starting a 5d shuffle to minicolmns to 5d quad sprinkler......man i hope that comes true lol.
ALIENS ARE COMING TO ABDUCT ALL THE GOOD LOOKING AND SEXY PEOPLE.

YOU WILL BE SAFE; I'M JUST WRITING THIS TO SAY GOODBYE.

smoothmove.

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2006, 09:51:26 pm »
I had this one weird diabolo dream where this monster was behind me, and chasing me, and I had to throw diabolo's at it to get it away, but then somehow I got it into vertax and swung it at his nose, and the I vertax-genocided it into its testicles and it fell down  ??? :)
Diabolo's in Ottawa?

cpai

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2006, 04:15:58 am »
I had a very short dream where the diabolo just broke in half after it rolled up the string.