Author Topic: Diabolos in dreams  (Read 9187 times)

seán_

Re: Diabolos in dreams
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2006, 02:25:58 pm »
I have a dream! Three at last! Three at last! Thank God Almighty, I have three at last!

OLOBAID

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2006, 02:34:25 pm »
Halleluja!

--- watch Videos on YouTube, visit my Website or mail to hiwatt@gmx.at ---

Alex!

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2007, 11:02:21 pm »
I killed giant scorpians by whacking them with my diabolos...In a dream.
STOP! HAMMER 'TIJN

je4d

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2007, 11:02:10 pm »
I don't tend to remember my dreams for long, I've had a few crazy dreams involving diabolos, but the only dream I can remember was one where I tried to do an S-fan and it just worked :-)
Still can't do them..

Matt?

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2007, 06:36:14 pm »
um, last nite i dreamt that i smoked pills... like giant pills that were really bright colours...then they turned into diabolos and i was smoking diabs...wierd...
i go for walk now? it easy to find papers! look, i got this bag of filters!

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2007, 10:44:10 am »
Alright, ill go first while i'm at it.

This happened last night actually. I had a dream about me loosing all my diabolos in some huge gutter that was pretty deep (but you can still see the diabolos). The water in it was rising, and I was somehow getting some out with a long string and wrapping one by one. The strange thing in the dream was that there were my diabolos in there... but also like 20 more.  

I also have another one that I remember.

It was a few months ago, so I might have forgotten some things. So I guess I traveled to some diabolo camp or convention for a vacation (that will be cool if they have summer camps wouldn’t it?), and there were lots of diaboloists. But it wasn’t like any other camp. This camp or convention grouped 3 diaboloists together; I think it was me, Matt Hall, and Matt Brown in my group. Anyways we were in groups of three, and the competition was to reach some prize in which we had to go through the jungle and many obstacles. So the thing started, there must have been at least 15 groups, and we all set out to get the prize. First off, there were not much difficult obstacles to get passed but we also had to use our diabolos to hit switches high up which opened up some pathways, suicides to cut down trees and plants in our way, and other tricks to do other various tasks. It is like the skills of the diabolo were not used just for fun, but survival as well. So yeah, me, matt, and matt_ were on the adventure still, but all of a sudden we reached some huge lake in our way. The light that beamed through the heavy canopy above gleamed off of the water and lit up the place we were in. There were a few boats in the lake, and we all hopped into one. There were also other contenders that we saw getting nearby (we were second by the way; I think some people in the MFP were first). So we got into the boats, but the only problem was that there were no oars... and this was a weird part but we used our diabolos as propellers to go faster. So all three of us were speeding the diabolos as fast as we can. Me on the left with a very well spun 2 diabolos, Matt on the right also with 2, and Brown at the back center of the boat with an extremely spun up one diabolo. Hall and I both put our 2d shuffles in hyperloops and placed them in the water, resulting in our boat darting forward at like 20 mph, and matt_ put his in giving extra speed, but brown was more of the rudder of the whole dealie. The diabolos did not loose much speed as they were in the water, and many bubbles came out of all the spin from the diabolos with their cups faced to the back way of the boat. We did this for quite a few times, spinning then placing them back into the water, but finally we reached the other side. Diabolos all dripping, and somewhat wet ourselves, we hopped off the boat and continued our adventure. We did not exactly know where we were going, but as we put a diabolo in excalibur mode it acted as a compass after catching a genocide from it, with the stick pointing to where our next path will be. So we followed it, getting pretty tired now. It must have been a few hours since this contest started. Not too long after the boat and river, we reached our next obstacle. This one was way more fearsome. Ahead of our trio was a huge hole (or trench) blocking the path. It seemed almost endless, but as I looked into it I could barely see a floor in the darkened ditch as my head got dizzy and I felt as if though I were getting sucked into it. There seemed to be no way to get passed this... but moments later all three of us saw a thin wooden plank that was atop some very long columns coming from the bottom of the hole. The other side was not too far away, but it was very scary nonetheless. So all three got out one diabolo, and went into infinite suicide to help balance as we crossed. As we got to the end of the plank, we were trapped as we found some other plank all molded out. It was also too far to jump, and by now our diabolos were spinning at a good rate. Matt hall, being the first on the plank of the group looked into the canopy and noticed that there was a low branch that you can probably hit with a genocide and swing across, so each of us did that, but we all lost a diabolo from not catching it with the genocide, and as the last one of us swung across we broke the branch in order to not loose our tangled handsticks either. Finally, it seemed that our journey was almost over. We had come to a huge wall in our path, and lots of trees were cleared out, making one huge circle in front of the wall that had a diabolo carving on it. Here we saw another group, the MFP which consisted of Priam, Tony, and Trash. The three of them, dressed in their popular black performing suits stepped towards us, and we knew that a battle would take place right in that cleared circle.

And unfortunately this is when I woke up, and I was kind of pissed off that I did, because the dream was real cool. So I don’t really know how, but the dream somewhat inspired me because in it there were many skilled diaboloists, and it did also take great skill to get passed the obstacles (although many seemed illogical). I tried to tell the dream as best I could remember, and also added extra details to help imagine it better.

Hope to hear some of your guys dreams as well!

You should type that dream in the thread about Diabolo as a videogame ;) All of it´s hilarious, especially the part with the boats.

I´ve had a dream of another person (unknown) doing a really weird knotstealing thing with three diabs. maybe if I could remember it, it would work.

juzooboy

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2008, 12:25:52 pm »
last night i see the dream about diabolo. i was go a wjf juggling covention, i see there anttony hartz ? and then i go talking with him. we talking diaboloing and he teach me crazy tricks and show hes amazing skills. then i see al (diabolobros) and we passing a 6 diabolos and do a awesome vertax tricks. then he teach me 3d shuffle and i learn it!! then i go wjf diabolo championships? and my perfomance is begin but when i go perfomancing, everybody was lets go somewhere, and then i wake up. very mad dream. (and Sorry my bad english)

fzzyrn

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2008, 03:28:42 pm »
nice bump dude. nice bump

but anyway....

I did a c-fan 360 in a dream. that was the trick i was working on at the moment. Thats the trick i'm still working on

luabduch

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2008, 06:52:05 pm »
I had a lot of dreams..

I can remember some:

1. Just before I get my new diabolo, I dreamed with it, but the sticks multiplied in a lot of stick and after this get together again...it was a crazy thing
2. doing S-fan in a dream
3. diabolos breaking
4. Sticks breaking
5. and other things with crazy diabolos with different sizes and colors...

If you're coming to Brazil, please let me know!

Janey

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2008, 07:01:09 pm »
i dreamed, that i can do the first combo from pranay at the diabolo.ca collab vid^^

Paino

« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2008, 09:56:15 am »
i dreamed i could do a 3 diabolo double sprinkler and i had crome diabolos it was so cool

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2008, 06:52:24 am »
I had a dream I self-started 2d vertax, luckily the biggest thing about the dream was the feel of it which I can still remember about a year later =D but too lazy to spin for hours on end learning.
Diabolo Acquired - Thurday, 2/08/07
Vertax Skill Acquired - Thursday, 4/12/07
2 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Tuesday, 5/29/07
3 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Eh, No?

Adamer15

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2008, 10:08:16 pm »
I had a strange dream too once (Like 2 weeks ago)

I was inside a pool (Like 1.30 meters deep) i was standing just minding my own business then some kid walks up to me and throws diabolos at me.....

So i started throwing them back... And then somehow everyone started throwing pink finesses at eachother.....

Does this mean anything? O_O
Will eat for Diabolo!

JJesse

« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2008, 10:22:11 pm »
I had an awesome dream last night. I was walking towards some lake, and saw a few people out there. As I arrived at the place, one of the peeps there surprisingly started doing 3d low. Somekind of a competition raged down there  ;D and I chose to take part. My hands started moving like automaticly and performed a vertax genocide (too much practise, I'm even dreaming about it..). Apparantly I won the "competition" since some fireworks went on. The show was really beautiful at night and the whole dream really boosted my motivation ;)

DaviD Brackpool

« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2008, 06:04:04 pm »
i hada dream about a month ago that i won  a compitition dont no what one and the prize was three of every kind of diabolo that has ever been made i was gutted when i woke up

db
by the time you've finished reading this you've wasted roughly 8 seconds of your life.

thetemple94

« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2008, 06:30:36 pm »
The oddest dream with diabolos in it I've ever had was a few nights ago. In the dream I'd just got Super Smash Bros Brawl after looking for it for weeks, when I got home I put it in my Wii. As the loading screen came on my two finesses and my fly appeared and shouted "Betrayer!!!", then they flew into my face and exploded...

Weird, huh?

Don't say that I need to go to a psychiatrist, I already have.

Temps

P.S. I wonder if it means something...
Why Bother When You Can Diabolo?

Will G

« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2008, 09:03:32 pm »
Hi

Yes, Temple, it does mean something I means that you have betrayed diabolo for Yo-yo.

monkiatzu

« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2008, 02:34:10 am »
i had more of a nightmare. there was this guy diaboloing and i was like I DO THAT TOO!!!
and then i got my sticks and whip catched/caught it and the audience went away. and all my tricks werent working and my 2d wasnt even starting  :'(
it was horrible

Aaron Z

« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2008, 06:41:00 am »
I had a dream where I was walking through a big market place, and there was a big stall full of random diabolos that had just closed, and I couldn't get any  :-[

This was a few weeks before I got the Flys I wanted so badly.

luabduch

« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2016, 01:21:01 am »
UAU! this is such an interesting topic
loved to read my answer after 8 years.
this is so crazy
I totally forgot about all these dreams

what about now?
you guys still dream with diabolos?
If you're coming to Brazil, please let me know!