Author Topic: New video, Diaboloho (dec 2004)  (Read 7601 times)

JGherkin

• VotW Contributor
New video, Diaboloho (dec 2004)
« on: December 10, 2004, 10:19:54 pm »
Ok, I finally finished it, my new video is up at my site www.diabolofosho.co.uk

Or you can link directly to the video at www.diabolofosho.co.uk/Diaboloho.wmv

Enjoy it everyone, would love to hear your thoughts on it  :D

seán_

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2004, 10:50:20 pm »
Great video, absoloutley top notch, lots of sweetstuff in that, cant wait for more.

Tom_G

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2004, 10:54:49 pm »
Love the video!

Loads of different places, unicyclist is great (I'd have loved to watch him fall in that canal, but that's just me being mean and nasty), great camera work, and it goes on for 5 mins with hardly any repetition! Especially like the last double handed skipping rope whip catch (I just made that name up sorry).... must try that... outside.... :P

So much great stuff there to choose from I'm trying to find one thing to start working on! Nice stuff!
It takes 24 muscles to smile, 42 to frown, and only 4 to hit someone in the face. Luckily for you, I need the exercise.

MattF

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2004, 11:03:40 pm »
agreed, a really nice video. Theres a really nice arm combo in there at about 1 minute in. Keep it up mate.

Arjan

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2004, 11:05:40 pm »
Well done! That rope jumping was inspired by Priam I guess from his freestyle movie?

diabololi

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2004, 11:18:56 pm »
GRRR! It is fantastic but it cuts off every time at 2:55!  :( I love the continuous(sp) vortexes, I gotta learn them!
Anyway it's 20 past 11 so gnite!

Oli

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2004, 11:28:06 pm »
Quote from: diabololi
It is fantastic but it cuts off every time at 2:55!
You are right-clicking and saving the video to save John bandwidth, right Oli? ;)

The video downloaded in full for me - all 4:55 of it.

Great stuff John! I've been eagerly waiting for this video for a long time now. I recognize that clip at 3:34. ;) Priam would be proud of that last trick! From the look of the slow motion replays you were pretty stoked too! Wish I could get that.

I love the sequences where you 'vortex up a storm'. Nice selection of a variety of backgrounds and use of a variety of tricks. I like the experimentation with filming on a reflective surface like at 3:44. All around a well thought out and entertaining video. Congrats! :D

Edit - I'm getting a high quality copy of the video from John to convert to MPEG. I'll be posting an MPEG version for all you MPEG lovers out there in a couple days.

Sean

JGherkin

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2004, 12:01:11 am »
Cheers for the feedback so quickly guys, are you monitoring this forum constantly??  :P Glad to hear you all like it.

The skipping whip, as I've come to call it, was inspired by priams vid, as soon as I saw it I practised it loads when I had the space. Embaressingly, that was one of the few takes it almost worked, if you read the little chit on my site about the vid you'll find i didn't manage to pull it off as well as i'd like (i.e. The diab stopped) if anyones interested in the outakes I can make a vid of them  :lol:

Got plenty of bails from Ben tryin to hop the bench as well, altho he didn't fall into the river. Originally we were aiming for the wall the other side of the bridge, about 4ft high rather than ground level, but after serious consideration he gave it a miss.

Sorry to any of you having problems downloading it, I've never figured this out, I get free, unlimited storage, hosting from my broadband ISP.  Some people download vids fine, others just come to me and complain, I wish I could sort it out  :(

[edit- just a thought to add, one of my fave bits was the experimentation with the reflection, we didn't even set out to film that, we were havin lunch sitting on the monument (it's nice n warm) and were havin a laugh at all the toddlers playing with their reflections, it's great how you can get some of the best footage when you don't actually mean too. :roll: ]

diabololi

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2004, 12:29:20 pm »
It worked this time! I love the canal unicycling  :D and the skipping whip too.

Oli

Moe

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2004, 06:00:52 pm »
Nice video! gotta learn some of that stuff =)

JGherkin

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2004, 11:43:35 pm »
Ok all you mpeg lovers, feel free to get to my video after Seans kind conversion by right-clicking and choosing save as right here.

Martijn

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2004, 02:48:14 pm »
yeah, I saw the video, really cool! :D Very original to compete with an unicyclist :wink: And the camera-views are kewl to. Can't w8 to see more! :D
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

bob

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2006, 01:43:41 pm »
did you remove the video? It always gives an error when I try to download it, and I can't just view it as well

The Void

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2006, 03:58:56 pm »
The Gherkin re-jigged his site a while back. Don't know about the mpeg, but the wmv is at http://www.diabolofosho.co.uk/video/diabolo/montage/diaboloho.wmv

The Void
Sleep cycle cycling
Read the thread? Get the gear! VERTAX IS RUBBISH and other tees & hoodies: www.tlmb.net/tees