Author Topic: "Why did I do that?"  (Read 19220 times)

CirqueKid

"Why did I do that?"
« on: June 17, 2006, 11:51:41 pm »
What is the stupidest thing you've ever attempted while diaboling?

Mine would be probably trying to make a basket with the diabolo at a gym, and getting it tangled in the net.  They had to bring in a special crane type thing to get it down for me.

A close second would be doing a genocide, and when the stick swung around got caught in a cieling fan.
[BBCode] Insert signature here! [/BBCode]

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
"Why did I do that?"
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 02:21:12 am »
Probably when i tried a genocide inside Mr Halls class and almost made the shield to the lights on his roof come down.  :shock:  I fixed it though. Hehe, sorry Hall sensei.  :oops:

*learns lesson to never attempt genocides or any infinite suicide stuff indorros*
Go Draco with your Diabolo!
http://frogfighters.com/godraco/

William

• VotW Contributor
Commando diabolo!8)
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 06:12:36 am »
This is a good topic, once I got angry and threw my diabolo and sticks as far as I could and they ended up in the far end of the neighbours yard so I had to jump the fence and get them, it was fun though because I felt like a bit of a commando  8)
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Japjap

"Why did I do that?"
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 07:40:17 am »
Once I got mad because I had a bad day and I didn't even catch a single throw! I was throwing for about two hours and just didn't catch a single throw.. I got mad and kicked the diabolo as hard as possible!!! :twisted:   and it flew over our house in the middle of huge rosebush.... It was painful.
I started diaboloing this summer ;)

frank0072

"Why did I do that?"
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006, 08:16:23 am »
yesterday I wanted to do a minigenocide behind my back, and I was lucky, because the stick would almost certainly have hit me in the face... but it didn't. That is a trick I won't try again I think, or is it done before?
some people think they are better because they can do something better

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
"Why did I do that?"
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2006, 08:31:37 am »
An integral mini-g between my legs.And yeah, I think everyone knows where my story is going.
Behind your back is your front.

tommi

• VotW Contributor
"Why did I do that?"
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2006, 10:01:56 am »
Doing diabolo close to water. I was doing some 2d stuff on a small dock, when the other diab flew to water, I rushed after it and managed to catch it. Then I looked back at the dock, and wait a minute, where is my other circus?  So it had obviously sank. The water was not deep at all, but I wasn't that warm either. I had to look for it for two days before I found it, or my cousin did, man was I reliefed.

Another stupid thing would be The pantless man doing diabolo..

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
"Why did I do that?"
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2006, 10:25:33 am »
Quote from: tommi

Someone did that and mentioned it in another thread but I can't remember who or which thread now.
Behind your back is your front.

Tiamat

• VotW Contributor
"Why did I do that?"
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2006, 10:26:00 am »
I tried a grind with the stick in my mouth  :roll: aoutch !
ChloƩ

apache

"Why did I do that?"
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2006, 10:35:12 am »
Once I was orbit thing a bit and the diabolo hitted my teeth.
Or was my friend and my were passing(1D.) over a pool and my friend thrown it a bit too short I could catch it and it felt in the water, 6 months later we found it back :lol:

tommi

• VotW Contributor
"Why did I do that?"
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2006, 11:28:01 am »
Quote from: guppygould
Quote from: tommi

Someone did that and mentioned it in another thread but I can't remember who or which thread now.

That's me in the I just learnt to..-thread  :oops:  :lol:  Was my first post or something like that. :D

frank0072

"Why did I do that?"
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2006, 12:16:21 pm »
now I remember my first 'back to front between the legs-throw' that Jonas Zeller does in his show in Bilbao. I saw that video last summer and I rushed outside to try it. I couldn't speak with my normal voice for the next 15 minutes...

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Scooby

"Why did I do that?"
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2006, 04:17:47 pm »
ahah  that trick is alright, but isnt worth the pain if you stuff up.
------------------------------------------------
ALL YOUR DIABOLO ARE BELONG TO US!!!

Marco

"Why did I do that?"
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2006, 08:31:44 pm »
I saw JiBe doing guillotine and i tried it too, but i made it wrong and diabolo swinged on my nose so i had bloody scratch on my nose   :oops:

frank0072

"Why did I do that?"
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2006, 10:15:05 pm »
is the guillotine the same as 'the garotte' ? Because I tried that one today the other way around, but I failed miserably and got a diabolo about a cm from my head...
I won't try that again soon.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Jesse

• VotW Contributor
"Why did I do that?"
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2006, 12:17:20 am »
I tried a 9d rocket start.

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
"Why did I do that?"
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2006, 02:11:45 am »
um... no you didn't.

At home, it was late at night, I was doing diabolo in my boxers and a shirt.  I thought to myself, "hey i haven't done between the leg blind whips in a while..."  Fill in the rest of the story yourself... >.>

And that string really hurts...

Josh

Jay1981

"Why did I do that?"
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2006, 12:41:25 pm »
Trying to learn arm orbits with a vest on. The amount of burns I had up and down my right arm was ridiculous after that. They looked like nothing at the time. Just hurt a little bit. The scars are just starting to fade a month on lol  :oops:
Have been asked if I self harm several times since  :oops:
Arm orbits used to be a problem... now they're a way of life!!

Adam

"Why did I do that?"
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2006, 03:18:21 pm »
apart from many unmentionable diabolo mishaps involving late night diaboloing in boxers (you think i would have lernt my lession!) one i was doing a 2 high and i tried a 330 (site swap) and i lost my first diabolo into a group of people sitting down talking. So as i went to apologise, i had forgoten about the other diabolo and it came down and hit me in the head! big lump!!!  :cry:
diabolo is my religion!

Scooby

"Why did I do that?"
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2006, 03:22:11 pm »
once again adam is reminded.

Less beer, More diabolo.

:lol:
ALL YOUR DIABOLO ARE BELONG TO US!!!