Author Topic: "Why did I do that?"  (Read 19223 times)

tommygrhcp

"Why did I do that?"
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2006, 05:13:48 pm »
i was down speed whips in vertax then forgot it was unwrap so it hit me in the face, in fact i often do that cos the diab comes unwrapped by itsself!

oh and i did a duo-genocide under my light bulb, in fact there's a funny video of that on my website entitled 0h dear (theidlehands.co.uk). hehe, bad mistake!

James B

"Why did I do that?"
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2006, 01:57:01 pm »
Hit myself in the face doing Chinese Acceleration. ughhh.
My Diabolos are apple flavoured.

frank0072

"Why did I do that?"
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2006, 02:13:36 pm »
Quote from: Jay1981

Have been asked if I self harm several times since  :oops:

that is a very common problem ;)
some people think they are better because they can do something better

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Marco

"Why did I do that?"
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2006, 06:16:37 pm »
Today i learned speed taking infinite so i tried spin around that diabolo while in infinite and i started to spin when the released stick was on me and it hitted on my head (ouch)

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
"Why did I do that?"
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2006, 06:25:26 pm »
Hehe, on yeah, i just remembered the first time I tried a vertax double genocide. Man, was I lucky i was wearing sunglasses. That stuck must have come at full speed directly to my face!
Go Draco with your Diabolo!
http://frogfighters.com/godraco/

Mithew

"Why did I do that?"
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2006, 07:32:08 pm »
Stupidest thing with diabolo (there are so many)... probably is when JJ_777 and i were passing to one another with one on a balcony in excalibur.  A close second is when someone messed up with a whip, i walked over said, "No, this is how you do a whip catch" and then whipped the diabolo, swung it around to do a duicide to show off but hit myself in the head.
There are 11 types of people in the world.  Those who can count in binary and those who can't.

Martijn

"Why did I do that?"
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2006, 10:13:19 pm »
I trusted Ceri-Anne, and let her pass a excalibur duicide to me... I will never, I repeat NEVER let that happen to me again! :P
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

Ceri-Anne

• VotW Contributor
"Why did I do that?"
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2006, 10:19:40 pm »
Oh oh! Before anyone's getting scared: I actually AM to be trusted! I just need some more practice.. Don't believe Martijn's exaggerations.

Chiok

• Donator
"Why did I do that?"
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2006, 11:05:37 pm »
As long as you're reasonable when it comes to shoes, I guess a compromise can be made  :wink:

I thought high patterns would be fine outside with a bit of wind.  Damn ponds...  And the throwing stuff in anger or frustration, to have it end up in a tree of basketball net.

Fortunately, I've not managed to hurt myself in any humourous or serious way, touch wood.[1]

Chiok
[1] - While I struggle around trying to find something vaguely resembling wood in my Ikea furnished flat.
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Kusti

"Why did I do that?"
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2006, 09:17:53 pm »
Quote from: dalezilla
I tried a 9d rocket start.

He really did.. I and a number of other people were with him. He didn't succeed though.

frank0072

"Why did I do that?"
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2006, 09:46:50 pm »
yesterday, after a hard day of working in my new house and moving stuff I returned to my current home and took a beer. I can't handle alcohol very well because I don't drink much, so it hit me a little in the face. Nevertheless I took my diabolo's into the kitchen and tried a minigenocide. I didn't succeed, because my stick hit the light bulb in the middle of the kitchen and all lights went out. I had to find the main switch in the dark again, and I agreed with myself never to do minigenocides in the kitchen again.
some people think they are better because they can do something better

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Martijn

"Why did I do that?"
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2006, 10:06:02 pm »
Quote from: Kustiisi
He didn't succeed though.

Uhm... no ofcourse not! :P
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

Mr_Mistoffelees

"Why did I do that?"
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2006, 11:32:44 pm »
Did you film the 9d rocket start?  That would be so great to watch..  :D

And what a way that would be to start a huge passing pattern, with lots of people.  Almost certainly wouldn't work, but still, if it did it'd be great.  It'd be funny to watch that many diabolos falling towards someone, anyway..

Jesse

• VotW Contributor
"Why did I do that?"
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2006, 01:36:31 am »
Quote from: Mr_Mistoffelees
Did you film the 9d rocket start?  That would be so great to watch..  :D

And what a way that would be to start a huge passing pattern, with lots of people.  Almost certainly wouldn't work, but still, if it did it'd be great.  It'd be funny to watch that many diabolos falling towards someone, anyway..

In fact yes. I'll post it sometime soon.

fredo

"Why did I do that?"
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2006, 02:17:49 pm »
Quote from: Kustiisi
Quote from: dalezilla
I tried a 9d rocket start.

He really did.. I and a number of other people were with him. He didn't succeed though.
oh, really?  :P  :mrgreen:

Susannah

• VotW Contributor
"Why did I do that?"
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2006, 05:38:35 pm »
I managed to fling my diabolo straight into my face the other day whilst attempting vertax :cry: it really hurt, so i wont be trying that again for a while.

Susannah

Beanster

"Why did I do that?"
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2006, 10:14:01 pm »
Once I did a toe grind... sorta

Also I would advise never trying to grab a spinning diabolo in your mouth, it just doesn't work...

Stevey

"Why did I do that?"
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2006, 08:51:17 pm »
My first attempts at 2D high in my back garden had both diabolos going into two different neihbours gardens  :oops:  Alothugh im still pretty suprised the fish in my pond havent stolen one yet.

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
"Why did I do that?"
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2006, 02:43:04 am »
Heh... right now i was practicing 3 low, and i was coming inside just walking up my front porch (it probably has enough room as a regular hallway in a house does). Well, I got half way, but I usually make it all the way. Anyway, i got half way and the diabolo dropped so I kicked it out of anger and decapitated a little sculpture in front of our door.  :oops: I put the head back on though, and its hardly noticible so no worries. LIVE FRANEKSTEIN LIVE!  :twisted:
Go Draco with your Diabolo!
http://frogfighters.com/godraco/

Jesse

• VotW Contributor
"Why did I do that?"
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2006, 02:49:54 am »
I was doing some filming yesterday. I did a fan (which I'm not very good at yet). For some reason one of the diabolos popped out of the fan and hit a british tourist  :oops: