Author Topic: Re-newing your string  (Read 16853 times)

Sean

• Administrator
Re: Cleaning Diabolo String
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2004, 07:21:23 pm »
Quote from: staticjuggler
Does soap really work?

Soap usually makes the string stickier not "newer". Norbi and I use soap on our new string to make it stickier and break it in faster.

Mithew

Re-newing your string
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2005, 07:51:06 pm »
for a temporary fix, soapy water rubbed on the string will made it not sticky for around 30 minutes i've found, but then it gets REALLY sticky.  when my string gets sticky, i ususlly just speed up the diabolo very fast and do string climbs for 10 minutes, this usually gets the string a bit better
There are 11 types of people in the world.  Those who can count in binary and those who can't.

Flo

Re-newing your string
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2005, 08:40:03 pm »
i only change my string if it's broken and that happens every 2-3 days...
i have to play carefully now cause I'm out of diabolostrings until next tuesday  :?
German Diabolo Forum: http://www.diabolotreff.de/

James

Re-newing your string
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2005, 08:48:24 pm »
I use Mr. Babache Green String (I think), and it get grippy pretty quickly and starts snapping at the ends really frequently, but I try to leave it as long as possible before replacing, which is usually about 2-4 weeks.

By then it has got so grippy it wraps up with loop or chinese accelerations.  I do that because I don't like to think I'm wasting loads of money on constantly buying new string ;)
Step 1 - Download mIRC (http://www.mirc.com)
Step 2 - Connect to server irc.quakenet.org
Step 3 - Join channel #diabolo.ca

jacky

Re-newing your string
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2006, 07:41:34 am »
sometime my string will get flat(i mean the the sting should be round in shape)and i don't know what happent

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
Re-newing your string
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2006, 04:28:37 pm »
11 Month bump! The string will only go flat if it's coreless like Babache's stuff I'm guessing.
Behind your back is your front.

Adam

Re-newing your string
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2006, 02:52:16 am »
a trick i do is to just rub the string on the back of my neck just before i start... i don't know if this has to do with sweat of friction of stuff.... but it works! i also used the lighter trick back when i was just starting out and it seemed to work but the string always breaks shortly after...  :wink:
diabolo is my religion!

William

• VotW Contributor
Re-newing your string
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2006, 08:31:35 am »
Quote from: Adam
Rub the string on the back of my neck just before i start... i don't know if this has to do with sweat

LOL. Greasy Skin! :lol:
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

tommygrhcp

new string
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2006, 05:24:35 pm »
im so annoyed!!!! i jus put some fresh long string on to have a go at 3d but i cant get the 2nd in because it slips down the string as the string is too new. I've tried double wrapping but then i unwrap the first time and it slips str8 away. does anyone have any ideas????

Mark BMC

• Donator
Re-newing your string
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2006, 05:48:04 pm »
theirs Sean's and Norbi's soap option, but just have a good  2d session and all will be fine.

my haggard alu hubs sort my string out quick sharp

Diabolo88

• Donator
Re: Re-newing your string
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2006, 06:17:31 pm »
I use an "old" yellow string so I don´t renew it. It usually only lasts between 1-10 hours though depending on what I practice and the length of the string because it can snap sometimes. When you think about it though, an old string doesn´t get old, only older. ´With luck the string doesn´t break and is possible to use for over 10h as well. Nowhere close to any weekly periods though:S

Roland

« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2006, 12:30:32 am »
haha...
ummmmm...run it along your neck for a bit, or go whip a few trees and bushes...

DiaboloWebb

« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2006, 07:07:58 pm »
I find that CD cleaner works fairly well, or deodrant for those guys that dont regularly top up on CD Cleaner. I use Henry's yellow string and   i usually get a good 1-3 days practice in before it snaps through the middle, depending on the amount i practice (usually an hour a day on school days and about 5-9 on weekends, i use it until it snaps through the middle then give the old bits too my sisters to use with there supremely unbalanced diabolo's. I tend to get through a 25m roll of string every month.
ALIENS ARE COMING TO ABDUCT ALL THE GOOD LOOKING AND SEXY PEOPLE.

YOU WILL BE SAFE; I'M JUST WRITING THIS TO SAY GOODBYE.

jacky

« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2006, 01:43:19 pm »
i have been seeing the diabolo string on firetoy.com and what's the diffrent between (High speed nylon diabolo string) and (henry's diabolo string)which want is better??

DiaboloWebb

« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2006, 01:47:45 pm »
henry's is the much better choice here. firetoy's string wears way to quickly, i only buy it in 10m length when i'm on a tight budget and cant afford any henry's yellow.

jacky

« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2006, 03:09:15 pm »
what's make henry's diabolo string better??

Martijn

« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2006, 03:49:58 pm »
It isn't, MB yellow is better :P
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

fredo

« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2006, 04:35:47 pm »
It isn't, MB yellow is better :P
Finally someone who understands me! I only use MB string! It's great!

DiaboloWebb

« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2006, 05:04:47 pm »
where can i get MR. B yellow? i'd heard about it but i thought it was people trying to show off. also how much is it per 25m length on average?

seán_

« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2006, 08:37:59 pm »
you can get it anywhere you get MR B products. or you can get what firetoys badge as there own string or what Beard sells as there own as well, (AFAIK its all the same stuff just cheaper to go the non MrB route)

To me its limp and snags easily, however it is pretty much ready to go off the roll and being thicker is a bit more visable. I'm sticking with Henrys and i'll continue using the other stuff to tie parcels with.