Author Topic: DIABOLOGY & where to buy  (Read 39979 times)

Sean

• Administrator
Re: DIABOLOGY - Trying to find in the US - HELP!
« Reply #80 on: February 10, 2005, 06:06:35 pm »
Quote from: marmott
I have been trying to find "Diabology" in the US for a time now, and am not having much luck....

Higgins Brothers (Canada) will be getting in some stock as soon as the NTSC version is ready. I think they do most of their business with the US. They are putting in an order right now and if it's ready it will be arriving relatively soon.

Sean

nezzybaby

DIABOLOGY & where to buy
« Reply #81 on: February 10, 2005, 10:45:14 pm »
YEAH YEAH YEAH
mine arrived today, anybody still struggling to find a copy in the UK try www.oddballs.co.uk

Too many things to comment on.... er at the moment im gonna focus on the exellent music they used for the japanes diabolo section, anybody whos ever downloaded anyjapanese diabolo/yoyo videos should appreciate it.

Japanese euphoric hardcore rocks!

Arjan

DIABOLOGY & where to buy
« Reply #82 on: February 11, 2005, 07:39:00 am »
Quote from: nezzybaby
at the moment im gonna focus on the exellent music they used for the japanes diabolo section, anybody whos ever downloaded anyjapanese diabolo/yoyo videos should appreciate it.

Japanese euphoric hardcore rocks!

You are gonne focus on the music?? Look at the screen for a while ;) Especially VuX`s section, and Trash and Remi`s part. Both very nice technical. For Bizarre siteswaps look at Priam`s, JiBe`s and Baptiste`s part ;)  I guess this all is nothing new.

nezzybaby

DIABOLOGY & where to buy
« Reply #83 on: February 11, 2005, 11:49:49 am »
if i focus on the diaboloing, i'm gonna need about 100 pages, its all absolutely awesome, the music in that section did make me laugh though so i thought it was worth a mention.

also think itll take a few more weeks before i can even describe some of the things ive just seen, let alone pass comment on them.

just plain awesome

marmott

TRYING AGAIN - Are there any Americans who have Diabology?
« Reply #84 on: February 11, 2005, 04:25:49 pm »
I noticed that my thread got buried in an older thread for some reason... - i guess it was for neatness by the moderator, but no one is going to see my question that way...

so far the only posts from my last topic are all people out of the u.s. (which is cool - very global and modern) but that doesn't help me.  is there a single american who has gotten Diabology through normal purchasing channels...

i have called Dube, and the person answering the phone never heard of it, i have called Renegade,  and they want to order it, but say the M. Babache requires large purchase orders, so they are waiting until they need to make an order...  I know there are other juggling shops out there, but i don't want to use up my cell phone's entire month's minutes to find one that has it.

Sean

• Administrator
Re: TRYING AGAIN - Are there any Americans who have Diabolog
« Reply #85 on: February 11, 2005, 04:46:47 pm »
...but no one is going to see my question that way...
so far the only posts from my last topic are all people out of the u.s. but that doesn't help me...

Have a look at my post 5 messages up. I answered your question.

Cheers,
Sean

seán_

Re: TRYING AGAIN - Are there any Americans who have Diabolog
« Reply #86 on: February 11, 2005, 06:14:33 pm »
I noticed that my thread got buried in an older thread for some reason... - i guess it was for neatness by the moderator, but no one is going to see my question that way...

so far the only posts from my last topic are all people out of the u.s. (which is cool - very global and modern) but that doesn't help me.  is there a single american who has gotten Diabology through normal purchasing channels...

i have called Dube, and the person answering the phone never heard of it, i have called Renegade,  and they want to order it, but say the M. Babache requires large purchase orders, so they are waiting until they need to make an order...  I know there are other juggling shops out there, but i don't want to use up my cell phone's entire month's minutes to find one that has it.

No thats ok we'll use our phone minutes to find out for you.
In this thread, the one that deals with how to get diabology has all the info everyone needs and therefore is not an old thread but the definitive thread,

People have managed to get hold of it that live in Scandanavia, the UK, mainland Europe, Japan, South America, Canada and I believe the US.

I'm based in the UK, I got mine from www.filmbaby.com based in the US, now out of stock and waiting for the NTSC version.
The next (non french) place that carried it (a day later) was unicycle.com (UK), they have a US branch and would probably be willing to get some after they found out how well Roger has managed to shift the ones he got in.

www.oddballs.co.uk carry it, www.Firetoys.com carry it, as Sean mentions Higgins Brothers are getting it in, they're Canadian but with the NAFTA in force that shouldnt be too painfull.

The UK shops were not aware of how important Diabology was for diaboloists, we made them aware by phoning (and emailing them, the cheaper alternative) untill one of them got the message.

Theres all the places I can think of that you stand a chance in getting Diabology, one thing thats holding back the US sales is the use of NTSC rather than PAL for TV's and DVD players. PAL DVDs will work in a lot of modern DVD/TV's that are NTSC and should be fine to run through your PC.

So to answer your question, no I cant tell you if anybody in the US has managed to get it through normal purchasing means, but I'd wager that if they did it would be through filmbaby

Edit: when people find a juggling shop in the US that does carry it, the information will be made available here, who knows you might be the one providing it. Thanks for the info on Renegade and Dubé

HTH
Seán

dempsey6000

Diabology!!!!!
« Reply #87 on: April 13, 2005, 08:37:04 pm »
Is it just me or is the new Diabology DVD absolutly amazing i got mine two weeks ago and i cant stop watchind it!

p.s isnt Antonin incredible

Llama_Bill

Re: Diabolagy!!!!!
« Reply #88 on: April 13, 2005, 09:22:25 pm »
Quote from: dempsey6000
Is it just me or is the new Diabology DVD absolutly amazing i got mine two weeks ago and i cant stop watchind it!

If you think that is good look at his Ieper/Ypres video, he has improved so much.
Bill.

-noitbacarts-

Re: Diabolagy!!!!!
« Reply #89 on: April 14, 2005, 10:09:15 am »
Quote from: Llama_Bill
Quote from: dempsey6000

If you think that is good look at his Ieper/Ypres video, he has improved so much.

It's a good occasion to put a link to my video :wink:
http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=251&start=30#4186

It's true that between diabology and Ypres Antonin improved a lot, but it's normal because I believe that diabology was filmed in 2003.

Priam

• VotW Contributor
DIABOLOGY & where to buy
« Reply #90 on: April 14, 2005, 06:27:00 pm »
We started to film at the EJC 2003 in Svenborg, then in Paris (Luminous and Unreleased) in november, but most of the freestyle sequences were film at the beginning of 2004.

Priam

Arjan

DIABOLOGY & where to buy
« Reply #91 on: April 14, 2005, 08:11:39 pm »
That must been cold! And finding day`s with some sunshine..
In total, it`s a great product Priam!

Hoop

DIABOLOGY & where to buy
« Reply #92 on: April 16, 2005, 10:44:02 pm »
Any word on the US NTSC DVD release date?  Not to be a bother, I'm just eager.   :D

garfong

DIABOLOGY & where to buy
« Reply #93 on: May 07, 2005, 01:23:51 am »
Higginsbrothers.com seems to be stocking it now. I'm not sure if it's the NTSC version or not, but I just put in an order! :)

Sean

• Administrator
DIABOLOGY & where to buy
« Reply #94 on: May 07, 2005, 03:48:18 am »
Yes, they ordered the NTSC version and I assume that's what they got. Best to check to make sure.

Matt_

• Donator
DIABOLOGY & where to buy
« Reply #95 on: May 07, 2005, 04:13:15 am »
oh wow, the NTSC version. ill buy it as soon as it's verified

DIABOLOGY & where to buy
« Reply #96 on: May 07, 2005, 05:15:40 am »
I ordered it.  Sure hope it's the NTSC version!

Hoop

DIABOLOGY & where to buy
« Reply #97 on: May 10, 2005, 05:15:22 pm »
Higgins Brothers confirmed that it is NTSC!!!    :D   Just a few more days now!   I will finally learn the string climb and high toss!

garfong

DIABOLOGY & where to buy
« Reply #98 on: May 13, 2005, 01:39:28 am »
WOW  :shock:

Hoop

DIABOLOGY & where to buy
« Reply #99 on: May 13, 2005, 04:37:56 am »
I think it is the NTSC version, it said NTSC on the side of the DVD case and I just watched it on my NTSC TV.   :wink:   It's awesome!