Author Topic: DIABOLOGY & where to buy  (Read 39983 times)

eplea

re:
« Reply #100 on: May 13, 2005, 04:54:28 am »
multi region dvd players and VCR's are the only way to go.
I've had the PAL version a long time.  Great video.

Hoop

DIABOLOGY & where to buy
« Reply #101 on: May 13, 2005, 02:08:58 pm »
eplea... i was on a wal-mart budget when I bought my DVD player! :D   where are you from?

eplea

re:
« Reply #102 on: May 13, 2005, 07:22:12 pm »
Hoop - I'm in Toronto (updated my profile)

My multi-region DVD player was bought in Holland early last year.  Including what it cost to ship it back here it ended up costing me around $75CAN. Not bad considering I paid over 5 times that for my multi-region VCR.

jake

Question about Diabology..
« Reply #103 on: July 12, 2005, 02:25:13 am »
i know that it is in a European format for either the player or the television...but i was wondering..if i were to try to view it on a television and player coded for the US, would it play at all? thanks for any information you can give...

[edit] ya i read the post now, thank you...thanks for the *bump ;)

Shawn Fumo

DIABOLOGY & where to buy
« Reply #104 on: September 25, 2005, 08:40:09 pm »
If you're in the USA, ExtremeSpin seems the best deal right now:
http://www.extremespin.com/diabolos.html

$32 and about $5 shipping, which looks to be a bit over $4 cheaper than Higgins.

Shawn

looby

• Donator
DIABOLOGY & where to buy
« Reply #105 on: June 03, 2006, 12:11:36 am »
OK, major bump I know but I didnt want to create a new topic for someone that could be sorted out fairly quickly with your help.

Basically my disc 1 copy of diabology got abliterated (sp) in the car on the way back from Bristol. I dont know how it ended up under everything in the boot but it did. I was wondering if one of the many kind folk at this forum could possilby send me a copy of the first disc.

Before someone jumps in shouting piracy!, I have legitimately bought the dvd and can prove through photos if you like (i can write my name on some paper in the photo).  If anyone was willing to, I'd send £5+ to cover expenses.  Cheers all
Rennes July 10-17th 2011!

Matt_

• Donator
DIABOLOGY & where to buy
« Reply #106 on: June 03, 2006, 04:16:23 am »
i have to deal with this all the time because i am an administrator at Emuforums (and people always seem to associate emulation with piracy, unfortunately).

it still is piracy. you bought ONE copy of Diabology, that means that you own the rights to JUST ONE---not every copy in the entire universe. once you destroy the one that you bought, that's it. it's over. you no longer own that or have the rights to it.

so, too bad, so sad. take better care of your stuff--especially a precious (and expensive!) DVD like Diabology.

looby

• Donator
DIABOLOGY & where to buy
« Reply #107 on: June 03, 2006, 04:24:06 pm »
Quote from: Matt_
i have to deal with this all the time because i am an administrator at Emuforums (and people always seem to associate emulation with piracy, unfortunately).

it still is piracy. you bought ONE copy of Diabology, that means that you own the rights to JUST ONE---not every copy in the entire universe. once you destroy the one that you bought, that's it. it's over. you no longer own that or have the rights to it.

so, too bad, so sad. take better care of your stuff--especially a precious (and expensive!) DVD like Diabology.

Christ Matt, I never knew someone could take an issue so seriously. Ok, if you look at in great detail I do own the rights to one copy but come on, its not like I've gone through my whole life raping limewire of ripped movies and albums, I dont use any file sharing software and never will.  

I've already supported the cause spending £18 on the dvd, and I wasnt to know my brother was going to re-arrange all of my stuff in the boot of my car. If the dvd was under £10 I might consider buying another copy from a supplier but as it stands I cant afford the present price tag.  Nice to see the community pulling together  :roll:

Matt_

• Donator
DIABOLOGY & where to buy
« Reply #108 on: June 03, 2006, 08:24:34 pm »
alright, why dont you go ask Priam himself if you can have a free copy of Diabology? if he says yes, i will gladly eat every word in my previous post.

looby

• Donator
DIABOLOGY & where to buy
« Reply #109 on: June 03, 2006, 08:37:29 pm »
Quote from: Matt_
alright, why dont you go ask Priam himself if you can have a free copy of Diabology? if he says yes, i will gladly eat every word in my previous post.

I dont want to turn this into a petty argument but I HAVE BOUGHT THE OFFICIAL DVD, IM NOT TRYING TO RIP THEM OFF! I am not giving this to a friend so he can have a free copy of diabology. It is for my own use and therefore makes no difference to the current situation. They have received my £18 for their hard work and I give them the biggest respect for that.  

For f***s sake Matt lighten up.

P.S Sorry to send the thread off topic and I'll withdraw my request since it seems to be getting a certain member's knickers in a twist

Martijn

DIABOLOGY & where to buy
« Reply #110 on: June 03, 2006, 10:20:00 pm »
Come on guys, you were better off doing this by PMs, there's no need to do this on the main board. I understand Matt's point, but hey... this is not the Emuforums. This is just a very close diabolo community with a helpfull and friendly atmosphere. I really don't think it's that big a deal what looby is asking for. Keep looking at it from the bright side, and try to have respect for other's opinion, there's no need to use curse words over here.

I hope I made myself clear...

looby

• Donator
DIABOLOGY & where to buy
« Reply #111 on: June 03, 2006, 11:09:46 pm »
Quote from: Martijn
Come on guys, you were better off doing this by PMs, there's no need to do this on the main board. I understand Matt's point, but hey... this is not the Emuforums. This is just a very close diabolo community with a helpfull and friendly atmosphere. I really don't think it's that big a deal what looby is asking for. Keep looking at it from the bright side, and try to have respect for other's opinion, there's no need to use curse words over here.

I hope I made myself clear...

Thank you Tijn and yes I apologise for using certain words but it just annoyed me how someone could act in the situation.

End of rant

Matt_

• Donator
DIABOLOGY & where to buy
« Reply #112 on: June 04, 2006, 01:32:36 am »
here's a simple solution, go kick your bro's ass and make him pay for it.

if my sister (or friend or aquaintance or anyone) decided to destroy (on purpose or by accident) something that i owned, i would force them to pay for it. it seems pretty obvious to me.

fredo

DIABOLOGY & where to buy
« Reply #113 on: June 04, 2006, 08:31:11 am »
I'd forgive a real friend, that's what friends are for...but a brother may be something else :P