Author Topic: troll (from Of Idiots and Diabolos)  (Read 5567 times)

benjamin

troll (from Of Idiots and Diabolos)
« on: July 02, 2006, 04:21:42 pm »
I am sorry to say that but i am disgust to see bull **** video on this forum ... Every kid is putting a video sice he know how to do the magic knot and it is ****. I am on this forum for a very long time and it has become a fashion to post crap here. Where are the new tricks ? Where are good stuff ? this is only to put in the garbage. We should go back to quality !

Ps: sorry for my english.

Scooby

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2006, 04:44:16 pm »
On the other hand, this is a Diabolo community, and it isnt one of diabolo elitists who dont want anyone to progress, just everyone has to be better than everyone else.

im pretty shure the first time you learnt the magic knot you were pretty stoked, i know i was.

we should, like we do with everyone, encourage these videos, because at least they have the balls to post up a video that they are in, i mean i know they are no MFP, but isnt it good to see people using the diabolo, and having fun with it- whereas some people play with it for 30secs and throw it in the closet, never to be seen again.

i wish you wouldnt swear on here either,   and putting a  *   to replace one of the letters doesnt make it any less offencive.

you say you have been a member of this forum for a long time, yet you have only made 2 posts whereas stevey has made 13 and has only been a member since october last year and he has submitted a Video.  he is an active member of this online community and we support him and his diabolo.

maybe you should try talking to some of us, and asking questions instead of not posting and complain about people having fun with diabolo even if its not the greatest ever.
------------------------------------------------
ALL YOUR DIABOLO ARE BELONG TO US!!!

matthewthegreat

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2006, 06:42:05 pm »
Quote from: Scooby
On the other hand, this is a Diabolo community, and it isnt one of diabolo elitists who dont want anyone to progress, just everyone has to be better than everyone else.

im pretty shure the first time you learnt the magic knot you were pretty stoked, i know i was.

we should, like we do with everyone, encourage these videos, because at least they have the balls to post up a video that they are in, i mean i know they are no MFP, but isnt it good to see people using the diabolo, and having fun with it- whereas some people play with it for 30secs and throw it in the closet, never to be seen again.

i wish you wouldnt swear on here either,   and putting a  *   to replace one of the letters doesnt make it any less offencive.

you say you have been a member of this forum for a long time, yet you have only made 2 posts whereas stevey has made 13 and has only been a member since october last year and he has submitted a Video.  he is an active member of this online community and we support him and his diabolo.

maybe you should try talking to some of us, and asking questions instead of not posting and complain about people having fun with diabolo even if its not the greatest ever.

I agree with you 100%!! benjamin was very rude to say thing like that!!

P.S. Nice video Stevey keep up the good work!!!

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2006, 08:44:25 pm »
Quote from: benjamin
I am sorry to say that but i am disgust to see bull sh*t video on this forum ... Every kid is putting a video sice he know how to do the magic knot and it is sh*t. I am on this forum for a very long time and it has become a fashion to post crap here. Where are the new tricks ? Where are good stuff ? this is only to put in the garbage. We should go back to quality !

Ps: sorry for my english.

come on man, have some common sense, and some respect. you're completely missing the point.

do you expect anyone to comment on your english? come on man, let's see some REAL ENGLISH! why don't you learn to speak before you come on a forum? people coming on a forum and speaking poor english..disgusting. LEARN THE LANGUAGE BUDDY.

^^ that was an analogy of what you said, but relating to your english. so what if your english isn't as good as a native speaker's? the point is that you're trying, and you can communicate. your post isn't perfect, but i understood you. the same thing goes for videos such as the one in this post. yeah, this video was no Of Baguettes and Diabolos and it has a lot of room for improvement, but that's the point! i think it's awesome to see that people are actually getting out and diaboloing no matter what the skill level. the only way you can get better is PRACTICE. and now with the event of youtube or google video, it's so easy to post up a video. it's good for people to post up videos, see their own progress (and others can see too), and get feedback.

by just saying a video sucks, you're not helping anyone or anything. does that even make you feel better? there are great other videos, yet i haven't seen you make any POSITIVE comments yet.

where do you expect kids to start? do you expect people to pick up three diabolos and immediately be busting out siteswaps and innovative tricks? everyone has to start somewhere--at the beginning. i remember when i was first starting, with my Circus and metal hubs, Henry's white string and long wooden sticks, i thought i was pretty badass when i learned how to do stick grinds, whip catches, and magic knots. don't tell me you never experienced that stage.

in the future, i advise you to show some respect, and most importantly, use your head.

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2006, 06:45:24 am »
Yeah, Why don't you make your own video and we have a look at your skills Benjamin? And we can have a go at yours  :)
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

benjamin

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2006, 10:13:48 am »
Quote from: looby
[youranobmate]

Only saying what i am thinking.

Quote from: Scoody

Yes but there is no point of posting 10000 videos of noobs. It becoming spam.

Quote from: matt_
do you expect anyone to comment on your english? come on man, let's see some REAL ENGLISH! why don't you learn to speak before you come on a forum? people coming on a forum and speaking poor english..disgusting. LEARN THE LANGUAGE BUDDY.

huhu the most important is that you can understand me.

Quote from: Matt_
by just saying a video sucks, you're not helping anyone or anything.

Go on man help the plan├Ęte ;) By saying that i am ***** to see lamz posting crap i think i help.

Quote from: Matt_
there are great other videos, yet i haven't seen you make any POSITIVE comments yet.

That is right ;)

Quote from: Mat_
where do you expect kids to start? do you expect people to pick up three diabolos and immediately be busting out siteswaps and innovative tricks? everyone has to start somewhere--at the beginning. i remember when i was first starting, with my Circus and metal hubs, Henry's white string and long wooden sticks, i thought i was pretty badass when i learned how to do stick grinds, whip catches, and magic knots. don't tell me you never experienced that stage.

Tell me, for how long did Sean did not post a video ? Where are The Mad French Poss ? Helping kids is good but when they make a video just to say to there friends 'look i am on diabolo.ca' :p

Quote from: Willzy
Yeah, Why don't you make your own video and we have a look at your skills Benjamin? And we can have a go at yours

Man you didn't understant a thing :D I am not posting because i think my video would be a spam on this forum ;) By respect to all people on this forum i will not post a other crap video just to say "ho guys look i am on diabolo.ca and everyone is saying my video is good !"

Scooby

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2006, 10:39:43 am »
Your the only one who is saying this is spam, IT ISNT SPAM!

i seriously cant see how you can be such an elitist, Just because a guy who is nt a pro posts a video on diabolo.ca.

You cant really be a 'Noob' at diabolo, and being a Noob isnt a bad thing, i find it pretty sickening to see a person not care about anyone else.

remember, This is Diabolo.ca    Not   Madfrenchposse.com   or  EliteDiaboloistsonly.com       Diabolo was originally a game, played by many people, and just because we (the community on .ca)  are heading foward into Nu-Skool diabolo territory, Doesnt mean we have to critisize other who arent the greatest, or havent progressed (or had the time to)  to a top level.

I know in my Performances i do tricks that i know i can do solidly, because dropping would suck, then it would throw out the timing for the whole show, but using the tricks you know well, and making them smooth makes you a good performer.

posting a video gives us a picture of what the person we are talking to looks like, how they move and what there skill level is at, when i get a camera i will post video, so that other members can see what i look like and so on.

please try and be constructive.

donaku

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2006, 10:49:48 am »
well... I want to react about this Benjamin's post. I was with him when he post that. Really, we expecte every awesome videos like "Buskonature" and others, and when we have saw this one, we get "shocked" (ok, maybe it's a big word, but i don't have another one, my vocabulary is poor (french  :oops: )). Really, I think Benjamin is right when he say that he's got much work to do before post a video here. Why ? Because, even if he's doing diabolo for one year, he's thinking that he doesn't have to do it. I'm practicing diabolo for 3 years now, i've got my three diabolo (ok, i need to work again, but i got it  :wink: ), i already done a video who it called "Pyramidiabolo", but I can't think to post it here ! Ok, that's not the skill we look here, but for me, videos are THE ways to improve at diabolo (i think learn new tricks etc...because practising is the most important). So, when you guys, will see a post like that, please, considered all opinion, because every one is right here, even if he say that these video s**** (yes, i think it too, but you need to work guys !!! maybe one day, you will teach us some new tricks )
If you're not dead, go ahead !

Scooby

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2006, 11:17:13 am »
i also believe that everyone here has a right to an opinion, and your reply was constructive,

but wasnt plain out 'YOUR CRAP GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE'.

i can see where your coming from though.

Martijn

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2006, 11:44:09 am »
Take it easy Benjamin, with such an attitude you're not becoming very popular on the forum here.

Donaku, you're missing the point totally, we're not discussing the fact Benjamin said he didn't like the video, this issue is about the way he put it in his post. It didn't help anyone at all, it has only upset other members. Benjamin, do you think you make friends on diabolo.ca with such replies, using curse words and all?

Please try to be as friendly and constructive as you can be on here, because if you can't... well, I don't know what you're doing on this online community really. If you can't think of any nice things to say, stop wasting (y)our time posting bad and negative things on the forum.

I hate to see this thread is going way off-topic by one bad reply. Let's settle down all, and focus on the video again. Thanks.
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

donaku

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2006, 06:43:40 pm »
Quote from: Martijn
Donaku, you're missing the point totally........

sorry, but i think that was a constructive post....and, really, i think that's guys like benjamin, who's say what are they thinking, who's constructive, because if you find constructive the fact that a guy say : "Nice vid, I like the tricks showed....", this is your opinion....

Remember, the first time that I posted here, the only things that what members says that I must steroids for helping my left hand in 3 diabolos....
Sorry, I was on this forum, and all that I won isnt interresting....

Bye
If you're not dead, go ahead !

fredo

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2006, 08:24:11 pm »
ah, that was a post with constructive critcism! Very nice (referred to Martijn)...of course it wasn't the best video I've ever seen - it wasn't very well edited and the tricks weren't that innovative and high-skilled...but it's their first video, it's really supposed to be not as good as the ones from others with more experience  :D and maybe try not to repeat the same trick too often in order to make the video shorter - watching "beginners'" videos is sometimes strenuous :wink:

this one might help for the future

Marco

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2006, 11:59:55 am »
people coming on a forum and speaking poor english..disgusting. LEARN THE LANGUAGE BUDDY.

Err i hate to say but i dont have any better englis than Benjamin has  :oops:

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2006, 06:32:53 pm »
Quote from: Marco
people coming on a forum and speaking poor english..disgusting. LEARN THE LANGUAGE BUDDY.

Err i hate to say but i dont have any better englis than Benjamin has  :oops:

i was making an analogy! i apologize to those who don't natively speak English who may have been offended...that was intended as an analogy, or in other words i was saying exactly what he was saying, just on a different topic (to show how ridiculous it is).

Martin_

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2006, 02:17:30 am »
Twas a good analogy at that think it just went over some peoples heads to be honest.

Somone put work into somthing and offered us the privalage to see his work. No matter how good in your opinion it still stands that he/they put effort into somthing and allowed us to be able to see it. I dont like to see anyone putting somone down where they have put hard work and effort into a project. Its petty and cruel.

Another analogy would be at a science fair in school a kid mocks the projects that didnt win because he didnt think they were any good. Yet he hadn't put the effort into making one himself.
Just because they wern't the best projects doesnt make them any less valid usefull or interesting.

Have a nice day :)

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2006, 08:23:50 am »
Quote from: Mongooseman
Twas a good analogy at that think it just went over some peoples heads to be honest.

yeah, it's funny in an ironic sort of way, because the person(s) that i intended that for were probably the ones who didn't understand it. oops! i was never any good at making analogies anyway. that'd be like saying....aww forget it.

TimEllis

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2006, 09:17:02 pm »
Wow, such hostility over such a small thing.  OK, so you didn't like their video, big deal?  When I watched it, I wasn't too thrilled either, but I'm sure they had fun making it, and wanted to show some people what they've been working pretty hard at.  I give them lots of credit for having the guts to throw themselves at the diabolo gods.  I know when I made my first video, (not too long ago) it was a couple days before I could work up the nerve to post it.  

When did jugglers stop being friendly to each other?
Keeping the world safe from boring people,

Tim Ellis

Check out my YouTube tutorials! 
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=TimEllis

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
Re: troll (from Of Idiots and Diabolos)
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2006, 10:49:51 pm »
Quote from: benjamin
Every kid is putting a video sice he know how to do the magic knot and it is sh*t..

If every kid who read this forum and could do a magic knot made a video we would have more videos than posts. You have to learn the basics before anything crazy or very original(I bet you didn't learn 3 diabolos before you learnt two). I consider myself to be a half-decent diaboloist but I still haven't made a video yet and very few if anyone would recognise me at a convention.People make videos when they feel the time is right or when they believ they have something worth showing to the world, not when other people decide. Learn to appreciate tricks that people have learnt as an achievement not a step backwards!
Behind your back is your front.

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2006, 07:06:04 am »
Quote from: The Ska Boss
When did jugglers stop being friendly to each other?

no idea. it's pretty sad.

i try to be friendly....yeah? i hope other jugglers like me...and not because i really care what people think, more because i want a good and friendly community.

tomangleberger

• Donator
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2006, 04:11:47 am »
I like to watch diabolo videos of all skill levels. Like another poster said, it's good to see what other people on the forum look like.
I also like to see where people live and where they diabolo.

Plus, since I have no other diaboloists around I've got to learn tricks from somewhere. If someone posts a magic knot I don't already know that's more useful to me than seeing Ryo do something I'll never do.
Barnsey's video of himself doing a 2d shuffle with no tricks or wraps was invaluable to me learning the shuffle.

However, I do wish people would be a little more descriptive of their videos when they post them, so I know whether to download or not. (still on dial-up!)

frank0072

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2006, 03:29:42 pm »
I can't believe someone would post something like this. As said before: remember when you did your first magic knot, or your first shuffle. I really love to read the 'I just learned'-topic when there are people totally exited over the over-the-arm-trick that they've just learned. That is what it's all about, improving and being happy with your progress.
I diabolo for one year now, and it's only the last month that I have the feeling the diabolo is becoming more and more an extension of my body. It takes time to become great, and we can not all be JiBe's and Priams.

So, keep posting everyone, if you are proud of what you've achieved and you want to show the world: I'd love to see it :)
some people think they are better because they can do something better

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")