Author Topic: WJF diabolo comp anyone?  (Read 3215 times)

norbi

• VotW Contributor
WJF diabolo comp anyone?
« on: July 18, 2006, 05:30:45 pm »
Tempei won't be there, none of the Frenchies will be there, most importantly Ryo won't be there, i'll be there but i'm not really feeling the diabolo comp.

So far it's.... William. Not a great comp if you ask me. Anyone going/entering?

Martijn

WJF diabolo comp anyone?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2006, 07:06:58 pm »
Why isn't Ryo coming? and Tempei?
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

Nathan

WJF diabolo comp anyone?
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2006, 08:48:05 pm »
I'm seriously considering entering next summer's competition, I just need to work out the scheduling with my summer employer.

I know I haven't put out a video yet,  but I think I'd do ok. It'd be tough to compete with William though. I hope there's a significant pool of entrants.

Matt_

• Donator
WJF diabolo comp anyone?
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2006, 09:08:42 pm »
i think everyone should just boycott the diabolo comp until Jason pulls his head out of his ass.

without the MFP/Matt Hall/Yabe, the diabolo comp will be pretty lacking (IMO).

and until Jason stops considering diabolo an auxiliary prop, i don't diabolo (or cigar boxes for that matter) will be even close to where they were in 2004.

norbi

• VotW Contributor
WJF diabolo comp anyone?
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2006, 09:09:28 pm »
Tijn - WJF and IJA are too close together, and Ryo would rather do IJA, as he cant afford both. Also, Tempei spent all his earnings on WJF.

The problem is now that anyone who was going to compete in diabolo would have had to have ordered a uniform by now. Which is unlikely, so i don't see a diabolo comp happening this year unfortunately.

Jonnyh

WJF diabolo comp anyone?
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2006, 11:12:16 pm »
Shame. I always look forward to looking at the videos that come out of that. Know anything about the WJF in England next time round anyone? Any diabolo comp in that?

norbi

• VotW Contributor
WJF diabolo comp anyone?
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2006, 11:27:42 pm »
I am going to do my best to change their minds, but as of yet it seems that they are only planning on holding the Advanced comps.

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
WJF diabolo comp anyone?
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2006, 04:56:16 am »
I was going to go to wjf this year, but at the last second my parents changed their minds and we are going to go to the IJA!!! WOHOOO!!! SEE EVERYONE THERE TOMORROW!!

ps: are you gonna be there norbi, it would be cool to have a top diaboloist to see there along with ryo, hall, william and others i probably havent met?
Go Draco with your Diabolo!
http://frogfighters.com/godraco/

Alex

WJF diabolo comp anyone?
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2006, 10:04:49 am »
I'm going to the WJF, though not competing.  Hopefully there will be other diaboloists there too?

This'll be my first convention, so anyone who wants to show me what exactly to do, would be appreciated.

norbi

• VotW Contributor
WJF diabolo comp anyone?
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2006, 11:31:20 am »
Quote from: Alex
This'll be my first convention, so anyone who wants to show me what exactly to do, would be appreciated.

Let me just tell you....
talk to everyone, make friends, hang out, have crazy amounts of fun, watch some of the worlds greatest... uhh.. yeah. Oh, maybe attend some workshops and stuff.

Ginger_Tom

WJF diabolo comp anyone?
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2006, 10:52:29 pm »
I'm going to enter next year hopefully, but i would'nt have the coin to enter this year to be honest.
Out of focus lovin', Mark_BMC you legend!