Author Topic: Questions About a New Online Store  (Read 3822 times)

3v3+Z

Questions About a New Online Store
« on: July 25, 2006, 07:31:43 am »
Does anyone know anything about Kinetic Juggling Dot Com? (I didn't type that as a link because I figured it might look bad, especially since it's my first time posting here. I swear that I am in no way connected with that site.) It says on the site, "These are the first few days the website is open. Literally". That might explain why I haven't been able to find any information on them. But they seemed to have a good selection of Henry's Circus Diabolo colors. Like, REALLY good. Perhaps too good to be true.

Anyway, is the site legit? And could they POSSIBLY have that many colors in stock (ELEVEN!) while everyone else seems to have such slim pickin's?

thanks

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 07:37:12 am »
oh crap, they're finally open! yeah, they're brand new, so i don't think anyone has any news on them. they seem pretty cool, kind of like seriousjuggling.com...

their site seems good, so order from them and tell us how it went! they'll have to build a rep somehow ;)

frank0072

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 08:58:08 am »
they have a nice site, but they do ask $43 for a Circus... that's a bit more then €31,95 I think...
some people think they are better because they can do something better

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Martijn

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006, 03:31:21 pm »
Quote from: frank0072
they have a nice site, but they do ask $43 for a Circus... that's a bit more then €31,95 I think...

And even more than €27,- (EJC price)! Stunning...
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

matthewthegreat

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2006, 08:25:46 pm »
They make the Henry's Circus Diabolo in eleven colors if you look here you will see eleven colors in the photo
 http://www.henrys-online.de/Webshop/enter.html?lang=en-us

shaddow

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2006, 08:32:16 pm »
Yes Kinetic Juggling is legit.  The website is new, but Sky has been selling juggling products at festivals for over a year now.  See Matt Hall's post about the new t-shirt that was done with the sillouette of Matt on the back doing excalibur / vertax.  That was done by Kinetic Juggling.  They are based in New York City.  Sky is great to deal with, but be a little patient as she is still travelling to a LOT of festivals in the US.

Sean

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2006, 03:37:53 am »
Quote from: Martijn
Quote from: frank0072

And even more than €27,- (EJC price)! Stunning...

well, i'd expect festivals to be cheaper--especially in Europe. and here in the US, i think 43 is a good price. at the Klutz store in Palo Alto, you get a diabolo and sticks for $45. higgins brothers and jugglingstore.com are also $45. importing takes its toll.....

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2006, 06:00:47 am »
hi guys. i thought this might be a good time to bring this up,
i was surfing the net the other week and i stumbled across this site! http://www.homeofdiabolo.com/ and was just wondering if anyone on here owns the domain of know who does. and when it will be up and running?... any information would be great!

it looks very interesting...
Diaboloing is finaly in... Yay!
my videos http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=SirHJock

Squiggle

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2006, 06:12:39 am »
There was a thread about homeofdiabolo.com  , Cant be bothered finding link but searching might bring it up  :wink:

3v3+Z

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2006, 07:35:12 pm »
Quote from: shaddow
Yes Kinetic Juggling is legit.  The website is new, but Sky has been selling juggling products at festivals for over a year now.  See Matt Hall's post about the new t-shirt that was done with the sillouette of Matt on the back doing excalibur / vertax.  That was done by Kinetic Juggling.  They are based in New York City.  Sky is great to deal with, but be a little patient as she is still travelling to a LOT of festivals in the US.

Sean

I did a search here before I started this thread and came across Matt Hall's post that you're talking about. I figured that might be the same "Kinetic Juggling", but I wasn't sure since I didn't see that t-shirt OR Sky's name on the site. (Her name IS in the automated emails I've received from them, though.)

I wish I'd seen your post before I placed my order. (Actually, It looks like you were typing it at pretty much the same time that I was ordering.) It would have been nice to know that the order wasn't going to go out right away! That just seems like a very basic courtesy. If you're running a little store in your neighborhood, and the doors are locked during normal business hours, you put a little sign on the door that says "back in 10 minutes" or whatever.

My PRIMARY reason for ordering from someone within the United States -- as opposed to one of the cheaper European places -- was that I wanted to get my diabolos FAST!! Instead, my order is still categorized as "processing". The same status as the minute I placed my order. So I could be waiting another 37 years, or I could look outside and see the package on my doorstep, for all I know. (I just looked outside. It ain't there.)

So, it there a festival going on right now that Sky might be at (since TUESDAY)? I haven't emailed her yet. I figure if she's not available to get my order past the "processing" stage, she's probably not available to answer email, either.

I was HOPING to get these things by TODAY at the latest. Now I'm thinking that I probably won't even have them by NEXT weekend, because if I cancel my order, I'll have to get it from Europe to get the colo(u)rs I want, and that probably wouldn't get processed until Monday.

I want to be patient. And I want to support a small business that's just starting out. But I also want my TOYS!

3v3+Z

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2006, 07:20:47 pm »
Update: I emailed Sky to ask what was going on. She apologized to me today. She said they just got back in town. I should have my stuff by Thursday.

cardsharp

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2006, 10:19:38 pm »
does anybody know if they have an actual store at the location? I don't want to waste a metrocard swipe finding out  :?

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2006, 07:03:35 am »
they have an email form, i don't know why they don't have a phone number there...

and if you're in the city, check out the Dube store. it's pretty awesome, and there is a very friendly (and very cute!) girl that works there.

cardsharp

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2006, 10:40:24 am »
I had already emailed them...haven't gotten a response yet :(

I guess i'll check out Dube instead.

jacky

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2006, 07:05:10 pm »
there's not much thing but i think it can be improve..