Author Topic: Lets Have Fun (was: Check This shop)  (Read 9234 times)

Phil189

Lets Have Fun (was: Check This shop)
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2006, 06:27:06 pm »
See the thing is i agree in supporting people like jugglers who are selling their products and take the time to actauly sell the item to you, shop you the different products and help you to make the right choice on what to buy. this is a good thing but when i dont live near a circus shop. dont have ebought money to get to these shops in england or to these festivals, then why would i pay more on a more expensive website.

like i would buy from a juggling stall at a festival or from a specailised juggling shop because i agree in what they stand for but when it comes to my situation you must agree that i would look for the cheapest online shop.

Because of the situation i am in in northern ireland as there is no shops near me, i have to perchase from online shops. so why should i buy from a more expensive shop online if i am getting as good a service customer support from another cheaper website.  Im not saying website can not offer you support but i did email firetoys and other website like them and they where not able to give me any support about my quierie on what diabolo to buy and in some cases i got no reply. And the person i bought from helped me with my choice as he knew quite alot about diabolos.

so im saying i would help these sellers if it came down to it but in my situation why would i pay more needlessly
Diabolo Zone - Looking for somewhere to host your diabolo videos? Share, host, view, rate, and comment on diabolo videos at Diabolo Zone. Check it out >>>> www.diabolozone.com

Morphine

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2006, 06:50:05 pm »
i would buy from a juggling stall at a festival or from a specailised juggling shop because i agree in what they stand for

OK.

why would i pay more needlessly

Because you 'agree in what they stand for.' would be a good reason.

I`m not trying to tell you or even suggest what you should do, I`m raising the point that it DOES make a difference how you spend your money, and that goes for everything you buy, not just circus equipment.
UK Circus Skills Forum :  - http://alljuggledup.co.uk/forum2/
YouJuggle.com Juggling Videos - http://www.youjuggle.com

Phil189

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2006, 06:59:31 pm »
Yeah i know but the thing is i will go for the best deal so do alot of other people and the seller gave me quite good advice so then in that case that is why i bought from him. sellers compete thats what happens.
Diabolo Zone - Looking for somewhere to host your diabolo videos? Share, host, view, rate, and comment on diabolo videos at Diabolo Zone. Check it out >>>> www.diabolozone.com

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2006, 07:13:09 pm »
Back on topic, why does this person always spell Harlequin diabolo's as "Arlequin's"?

The grammar mistakes on the whole, especially when reading the descriptions of the item, don't make the site appealing either. Aside from being impractical, I doubt I would buy from this shop.

-Duncan

@ Juggling for Jugglers: That would explain the spelling then. Thx

« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2006, 07:19:41 pm »
Mr Babache Arlekino is the tiny 2.5" Harlequin. I think 'Arlequin's' comes from one of the trade price lists, the french section. Im sure ive seen it before.
 Ta
Skype us at juggling.for.jugglers
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Juggling-For-Jugglers

Tom Derrick

New(ish) UK shop
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2006, 01:25:04 pm »
Edit: Sorry, mods, must have skipped right past this thread. Catching up on a 16 day backlog requires a bit of this.

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2006, 03:52:13 pm »
While we are at it then...click the link below.
Skype us at juggling.for.jugglers
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Juggling-For-Jugglers

Mithew

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2006, 12:25:28 am »
Phil and Morphine have both argued this topic to death.  I agree it's interesting but as someone said both of you feel very strongly about your beliefs and won't agree with the other.  Aren't you arguing about different things?  Phil is trying to say this one shop is good and is recommending it to other diabolos.  Morphine is talking about a large change in the juggling community's shopping that isn't beneficial long term.  I don't see that this shop in itself is very representative of the change in juggling equipment, so why don't you guys stop arguing about it.
There are 11 types of people in the world.  Those who can count in binary and those who can't.

The Void

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2006, 06:28:38 pm »
Quote from: diplodicai
There is nowhere I've found in the UK that does anything like that range of Yo Yo's.

Uh, so you've not heard of http://www.yoyoz.co.uk then? Run by a juggler, supporting the British yo-yo scene for bloody ages. Also hosts the most active UK yo-yo forum. Come on in if you're interested.

Back on topic, I'll throw my support behind the physical stores too. I was lucky enough to live near Oddballs when I was getting into juggling, and it was a great place to hang out, play and meet other jugglers. I even ended up getting a job there..... which was the worst thing I ever did for my juggling :-D

Have fun, kids!

The Void
"Yo-yos" is hyphenated, and has no apostrophe.
Read the thread? Get the gear! VERTAX IS RUBBISH and other tees & hoodies: www.tlmb.net/tees

Phil189

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2006, 08:18:36 pm »
yeah i understand that this subject is a bit old, all i was saying was it was a good shop to deal with and i thought you should know about it. so i think this thread should be shut as it is pointless. thank you.

tommygrhcp

« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2006, 11:27:47 pm »
on a lighter note... haha! erm... lets have fun .biz is located sumwere round the south of england, i think portsmouth but im not sure because my friend joe was talking about it. He sounds like an alright bloke and i dont think he is out there to ruin the jugglin industry like sum people are suggesting, he's just trying to make a living. oh ye and he was looking for someone to hold yoyo stock i think. but ye, he's worth a buy if its cheaper!
People who argue about buying from cheaper places, i hope you dont shop at tesco or any other supermarket and i hope you go and buy from farms otherwise your argument is floored. Tesco is cheaper but by buying from it, they are ruining the farming industry by selling at cheaper prices.
Anyway, .....

nev

• Donator
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2006, 11:35:36 pm »
LOL tommy nice counter argument - but there IS a difference.  Even farmshops wont teach you how to use the suff they sell - its just better quality produce.  When you're talking about the same quality product, then customer service prevails.
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

george

« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2006, 09:40:33 am »
I haven't bothered to read this argument but thought I'd just clarify that the letshavefun.biz is located in winchester (in the south of England). I've bought lots of items from the guy who runs the website and he's a nice bloke. He chucked in a free yoyo when I bought my circus's from him. (I certainly wasn't complaining!)

sleeper

yoyoplayers.com
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2006, 12:35:30 pm »
The Void said that the yoyoz shop forum "hosts the most active UK yo-yo forum". Sorry, this is not true. The most active and the BEST UK yo-yo forum has got to be http://www.yoyoplayers.com/forum/

Yoyoz: 1018 Posts in 170 Topics by 76 Members

yoyoplayers: 1723 Posts in 290 Topics by 117 Members

Best of all it is 100% independent. Unlike the yoyoz shop forum and so many others, it is not hosted, controlled and censored by a shop.  :D

I had to put the record straight.

Phil189

« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2006, 12:50:10 pm »
Yeah it being indipendent is a good thing, if it is owned by a shop then its more likly to be over crowded, and to be more for advertising and will become more of a "buy our products" forum than yoyo related.

i would like to point out that the website im making for diabolo videos is 100% indipendent and if anyone would like to help in the design and running of the new website let me know. plus i will need people to add their own videos to make it alot better. as that is the whole point.

thanks

GbH

Re: yoyoplayers.com
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2006, 05:55:32 pm »
Quote from: sleeper
The Void said that the yoyoz shop forum "hosts the most active UK yo-yo forum". Sorry, this is not true. The most active and the BEST UK yo-yo forum has got to be http://www.yoyoplayers.com/forum/

Yoyoz: 1018 Posts in 170 Topics by 76 Members

yoyoplayers: 1723 Posts in 290 Topics by 117 Members

Best of all it is 100% independent. Unlike the yoyoz shop forum and so many others, it is not hosted, controlled and censored by a shop.  :D

I had to put the record straight.

You should do your research before posting something like this.  The statistics you mention for the Yoyoz site only date back to the big server crash.  The site forum had been going on long time before that, having served as the hub of the yo-yo scene for several years.  If you'd added the pre-crash and post-crash stats together, you'd have found that they would have dwarfed those for the yoyoplayers site.

Sadly, Richie took too long to sort the crash out, meaning that the momentum that had been built up over the years was lost - UK players started posting elsewhere, mainly on YoyoNation, but yoyoplayers was started at about that time, too.

Although Yoyoplayers is based in the UK, it never tried to be a 'UK scene' site, preferring, instead, to go for the 'independent' angle, something it's been quite successful at.  If you look at its member list, you'll see that it is has a significant international following.  Whereas, Yoyoz is still the main UK specific forum.

sleeper

yoyoplayers.com
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2006, 09:29:56 pm »
Hi GbH,
I know about the demise of the old yoyoz/airtime forum. I used to post and lurk there!  But I was not talking about past glories. I was comparing the two present forums. As you say, the stats for both sites date back to around the same time, and so it seems a fair comparison.

You must admit yoyoplayers.com does seem to have gained the edge? The old yoyoz forum was good in its time, but IMHO has been eclipsed now. And surely an independent forum can only be a good thing for players?  :?:

GbH

« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2006, 10:24:47 pm »
Yes, yoyoplayers has established a place for itself as a/the independent yo-yo forum.  It's done well and is a worthwhile resource.  However, despite being hosted in the UK, it's not a forum that was ever targetted specifically at the UK scene, unlike yoyoz.  In fact, when he first created it, Lewis specifically said that he didn't want it to compete directly with what Richie was doing and intended it to have a broad audience.  Despite its recent (relative) lack of activity, I think Yoyoz is still the primary UK orientated yo-yo site.