Author Topic: 3rd Base ideoligy  (Read 33079 times)

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
Re: 3rd Base ideoligy
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2007, 07:00:14 pm »
so after all this time, wat is 3rd base ideology????? i really want to know having just discovered this old thread

garner

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2007, 09:52:49 pm »
...are you sure you really wanna know?...

matthewthegreat

« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2007, 10:07:29 pm »
yes

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2007, 10:54:19 pm »
It's a tricky enough concept to explain in person, let alone over text.  I suggest you make your way over to a convention where someone who fully understands is attended and bug them with beer and string till you get it.

I for one don't fully get it, but get the idea.  I think it can happen alot when you're diaboloing to music and trying to hit the beats.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

garner

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2007, 11:09:05 pm »
the way i see it. the more beer you have and the more confused you actually get about what trick your going to do next...thats when you stumble apon third base. but then i look at from a 'key position' point of view when i'm out playing

LaNgErZ

• Donator
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2007, 12:14:54 am »
unlike you two (it seems anyway) i haven't been able to talk this idea over with anyone in the know so its quite difficult to picture, although i do definitely agree with the music thing, hmmm strange ground

lz
www.MightAsWellCommit.com - Diabolo Awesomeness.

Spink

« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2007, 02:50:47 am »
so what is it then??

tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me
 ::)
3rd Base + Hubstacks =

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2007, 07:11:17 am »
Yeah. We need somebody to try and explain it..
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Mark BMC

• Donator
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2007, 04:03:12 pm »
Ive had third base explained to me by its two leading exponents yet again at the bjc.

I then went camping for a week on my own in the highlands, met with a rabi, a priest and a scientologist and many other religious leaders to numerous to mention. I then fasted and beat myself with reeds. this didn't help. So i signed on and started diaboloing in my backgarden listening to god awful Edith bowman. this did 

Think yorkshire, think fratboy humour, think long diabolo sessions.

think I may tell you or at least ask spink to if you buy me a beer at Birmingham.

donald grant

• Donator
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2007, 02:38:03 am »
I went to school with Edith, y'know?  AND Sean explained the premise of the whole thing to me at the sod-the-parade-session on Saturday in Nottingham.  Could the two possibly be related???

Donald

cpai

« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2007, 04:24:20 am »
What is even the 3rd base idea?

Shaun

• Donator
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2007, 09:32:07 am »
Ive had third base explained to me by its two leading exponents yet again at the bjc.

I then went camping for a week on my own in the highlands, met with a rabi, a priest and a scientologist and many other religious leaders to numerous to mention. I then fasted and beat myself with reeds. this didn't help. So i signed on and started diaboloing in my backgarden listening to god awful Edith bowman. this did 

Think yorkshire, think fratboy humour, think long diabolo sessions.

think I may tell you or at least ask spink to if you buy me a beer at Birmingham.

so its a way of thinking whilst playing/tweaking to music on the diabolo, which can only be performed through...tweaking? and not the tricks you do. elements of movement?
does it have any affects on a person style? ???

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2007, 09:53:31 am »
Were you not in the know, there Spinky?  No click for you sir.

I'm sure it can be drummed into you on Saturday and then you'll find it to be quite useless.  I feel bad for being unable to enlighten people on the idea, but then it's not my idea.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Spink

« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2007, 11:59:24 am »

Were you not in the know, there Spinky?  No click for you sir.
Chiok

i started the thread so many clicks for me  :P

its all about tricks you could do, if you wanted, but you might not.

I promise to make a video of ideas for everyone with sean_ before June
3rd Base + Hubstacks =

seán_

« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2007, 12:56:13 pm »
so its a way of thinking whilst playing/tweaking to music on the diabolo, which can only be performed through...tweaking? and not the tricks you do. elements of movement?
does it have any affects on a person style? ???

I'd say it definitely has an effect on style. If you have no interest in style (say if you are a trick robot) or don't tweak it might not be for you.
Music is not essential just a willingness to play on the boundries.

Susannah

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2007, 02:02:21 pm »

i started the thread so many clicks for me  :P

-10 clicks for you for clicking yourself too much....that thing needs to be confiscated!

Mark BMC

• Donator
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2007, 03:20:04 pm »
huuuuuummmmm yet another spooky third base related coincidence Mr Grant!

Id say music was not necessary, I'd go as far to say that Chris DE Burg playing in the background would actually impede third base diabolo. however I am just a padowan third baser

-clicks?  you should of just posted a blank post, its the silence where their should of been a click that hurts the most.

dave from the grave

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2007, 03:31:18 am »
damn it spink/sean_ look what you have created!!!! chaos!!! i think every one has been pulled in to an amaginary concept. 3rd base ideoligy is a feeling not a trick. god what have you done!?!?!?!?!?!
Beware of the super secret guild of shadow spooners!

Radium

« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2007, 09:07:38 pm »
What the hell is 3rd base stuff. I'm confused ???, angry >:( and want to be amazed :o. Someone explain!

If I say please will it help?

Confused, angry and wanting amazement.
Radium
Why does a fallen diabolo make more sound than a vertax genocide?

Want a free PS3
http://ps3.f4e1.com/index.php?referral=1566

Radium

Martin_

« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2007, 10:48:23 pm »
The whole concept boggles the mind.

Can't diabolo just be throwing around pretty spinny things in a hap hazard manner in the intention of creating amazing tricks?!