Author Topic: Lessons?  (Read 3128 times)

blissxdesire

Lessons?
« on: August 19, 2006, 07:08:14 pm »
Does anyone know any Diabolo schools in Ontario?

seán_

Lessons?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 07:18:02 pm »
Well Sean might have a better idea. but if you mean schools as in a place where you can go evry day and have formal lessons on how to diabolo, then i dont think you will be in luck. As far as I am aware none exist (unless as part of a circus school and I dont know if Ontario has one of them.)

If you mean some place/meeting where you could possibly meet with others who diabolo, pick up some new tricks etc then you might want to check out one of these juggling clubs
http://www.jugglingdb.com/clubs/index.php?country=38
Good luck

Duncan

• Administrator
Lessons?
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2006, 08:04:01 pm »
Also really depends on where in Ontario you are. If you're in northern Ontario, I'd expect you're plum out of luck to find a club. Southern Ontario is where all the action is.

-Duncan

Sean

• Administrator
Lessons?
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2006, 01:04:44 am »
Quote from: Duncan
Southern Ontario is where all the action is.

and by "all the action" we mean almost none. :P ...well compared to Europe at least.

OK, so there are some juggling clubs around Toronto and the University of Waterloo has a decent juggling club and small convention each year. There is also a club in Ottawa I frequent when I'm in town. Sadly not much else that I know of.

The National Circus School is in Montreal. That's the only serious circus school I know of in Canada... although I could be very wrong.

blissxdesire

Lessons?
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2006, 01:10:53 am »
yeah, diabolos aren't very popular here - I go to a camp once a year with Diabolo teachers from Taiwan. I was hoping to speed up the trick-learning process. Honestly, the Diabolo internet learning isn't working out.

Duncan

• Administrator
Lessons?
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2006, 03:43:28 am »
Took a look on the net and found this

http://www.torontocircus.com/index.php

Toronto School of Circus Arts. Might want to try looking at this place.

thewu

Lessons?
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2006, 07:35:39 am »
hmm.. slightly off topic but do you think its possible for me to start a small teaching class? like, for beginner and intermediate 1d/2d. i'm kind of low on money and i'm too young to get a decent job.

matthewthegreat

Lessons?
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2006, 03:28:08 pm »
Where do you live? I know if I tried to start teaching a class where I live (I live in the state of New Mexico, USA) no one would come because the interest in diabolos here, is almost none. So if you think some one may be interested in the diabolo where you live you might try teaching a class but if it is like where I live I don't think you have much chance in getting any one to come.