Author Topic: Diabolo.ca T-shirts  (Read 70858 times)

Martijn

Diabolo.ca T-shirts
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2006, 11:50:45 pm »
Man, that's sexy! (the shape of your 3d shuffle, I mean)
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
Diabolo.ca T-shirts
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2006, 12:04:46 am »
I think it's a bit off, the 3 diabolo pattern =D  The shirts is cool too!

Josh

Sean

• Administrator
Diabolo.ca T-shirts
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2006, 04:16:43 am »
Alright, hoodies are up. Black, red, green, and blue in Europe. Black, red, and blue in the North American shop.

Matt_

• Donator
Diabolo.ca T-shirts
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2006, 05:02:33 am »
man those hoodies are sweet...maybe i'll pick them up later...

there should be a "show off your diabolo.ca clothes" thread ;) i'll definitely post up pics when i get mine.

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
Diabolo.ca T-shirts
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2006, 08:51:02 am »
Those hoodies look awesome! I'll have to get one for the winter.
Behind your back is your front.

Martijn

Diabolo.ca T-shirts
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2006, 02:39:17 pm »
Yeah! I want a red hoody, they look awesome :D

Quote from: Matt_
there should be a "show off your diabolo.ca clothes" thread ;) i'll definitely post up pics when i get mine.

Yeah, just post them in this thread, gives us a nice summary, and keeps the thread on top :wink:

frank0072

Diabolo.ca T-shirts
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2006, 03:58:08 pm »
I happen to want a red hoody too. The only problem now is the money...
some people think they are better because they can do something better

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Rîkû

Diabolo.ca T-shirts
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2006, 06:05:53 pm »
:( I can´t buy a shirt because we don´t have a credit card or account in nordea  :evil:

Martijn

Diabolo.ca T-shirts
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2006, 06:22:37 pm »
Then get one! Or let a friend order.

Chiok

• Donator
Diabolo.ca T-shirts
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2006, 04:04:00 pm »
Groovey, liking the hoodies.  I was considering the always appropriate black, but then the red does look nice and much more Canadian...

Do you get a percentage of the sales costs, Sean?  Would be nice to feel like we're contributing while looking so lip-smackingly cool.

Is there anyone that wants to get in on it with me to reduce the individual shipping costs (DHL?!?)  I'm going to be at Bristol, so if another D.Caer is coming along, I can bring it with and take money there.  PM if you'd like (and if I like you).

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Sean

• Administrator
Diabolo.ca T-shirts
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2006, 05:04:11 pm »
Right now, each item purchased from the North American shop contributes $4 CAD and each from the European shop contributes £2 (except for the American Apparel shirts in the European shop where there is only a £1 contribution since the shirts where already so expensive, but I'd like to support those shirts...)

So far donations have covered all of last year's hosting! Thank you very much to all who have so generously donated!

Shirt profits are now going towards the next year.

Chiok

• Donator
Diabolo.ca T-shirts
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2006, 11:46:58 pm »
Just a question about the printing on the shirts (for those that have them), what's the print quality like?  Is the print hardwearing, washable, do you think it'll start to flake, those sorts of things.  Wouldn't want the print to pick off after a few washes.

I'm gonna order one soon, honest.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Sean

• Administrator
Diabolo.ca T-shirts
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2006, 11:55:02 pm »
It's flex plot printing so it should be quite durable. Much more durable than the traditional digital printing that is typical of most t-shirts. We could also do flock printing if there's demand - it's "soft and velvety" but supposedly similar in durability. edit - just realized that I set up the Euro hoodies with flock printing... I'll have to think about what would be better. Any opinions?

I've been impressed with mine so far. I even put it in the dryer on medium to shrink it and the printing still looks just as good.

Plot printing was one of the main reasons for going with spreadshirt as opposed to cafepress, for example, since this and most other shops only offer digital printing, which fades over time.

Any others have any experience? I'm especially interested in the European shirts since I haven't seen those.

I would note that the design (for the men's shirt) is a bit smaller than it appears on the pictures in the shop for the North American shop. The American Apparel olive colour is also a bit closer to a forest green than the way it looks on the screen.

Matt_

• Donator
Diabolo.ca T-shirts
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2006, 04:56:22 am »
mine is hopefully coming any day so i'll comment when i get it.

flock printing sounds like a great idea. i have a tshirt with flock printing and everyone loves it.

by the way what's the deal with the euro clothes being different?

Sean

• Administrator
Diabolo.ca T-shirts
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2006, 01:03:08 pm »
Quote from: Matt_
by the way what's the deal with the euro clothes being different?

The American Apparel shirts turned out to be twice the price in Europe. The base price for the European American Apparel shirts works out to $37.70 CAD vs. $17.90 CAD in NA. I just couldn't in my right mind offer only a tshirt that cost over $40, so I offered a cheaper alternative that works out to about the same price as the American Apparel shirts in NA.

Hmm... so the flock printing is nice, eh?

Spooned

Diabolo.ca T-shirts
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2006, 10:01:31 pm »
My order was cancelled for some reason, anyone know why they might do that?
Diabolo or Diablo

The Vitamin Guy

Diabolo.ca T-shirts
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2006, 10:21:53 pm »
Well why don't you email and ask them?
The Vitamin Guy

Matt_

• Donator
Diabolo.ca T-shirts
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2006, 02:04:02 am »
Quote from: Sean
Hmm... so the flock printing is nice, eh?

if we're thinking of the same flocking, then yeah, it kicks ass.

when winter comes up and it starts getting cold enough to wear sweatshirts, i'll probably be getting a diabolo.ca hoodie. 31CAD is actually not a bad price. too bad you can't try before you buy...

Sean

• Administrator
Diabolo.ca T-shirts
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2006, 03:39:25 pm »
I added a flock print t-shirt in the NA shop. You can select the colour from the product page. Please make sure to only select a dark colour (ie. olive, ashphalt, or black). All printing will be in white! White print on a white shirt isn't always the most striking. ;)

Also, based on the placement and sizing of the shirt I ordered I enlarged the logo and moved it down a bit. The logo on the image appears larger and lower than in reality on the North American shirts.

Punkerpanda

Diabolo.ca T-shirts
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2006, 05:55:52 pm »
i ordered a shirt last night, can't wait for it to arrive