Author Topic: Diabolo.ca T-shirts  (Read 76491 times)

diplodicai

Diabolo.ca T-shirts
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2006, 12:42:44 am »
Just ordered a t shirt and sweatshirt in the red. I shall be most pleased when this arrives.

Everyone on the site should get one. Helps the forum costs and spreads the gospel of diabolo.
Dude, not on the rug.

shaddow

Diabolo.ca T-shirts
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2006, 04:27:50 am »
Just picked up my t-shirt and hoodie from the post office this morning.  A little disappointing to be ordering from diabolo."CA" but to have to pay customs to have it delivered to Canada.  Just another side effect of the global economy, I guess.  
A word of caution for those ordering the red hoodie, the printing looks like it is pink rather than white, as the colour of the sweatshirt shows through the white writing on the front and the diabolos on the back.  I'll post pictures when I get a chance.  The shirt quality seems to be top-notch though.

Sean

• Administrator
Diabolo.ca T-shirts
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2006, 01:21:33 pm »
Interesting. I didn't pay duty on my order of 2 shirts. Either it's because of where the hoodie material was manufactured, a price cutoff, or it's just random. Unfortunately I don't know of any such service offered in Canada.

That's too bad about the red showing through on the red hoodie. Definitely send in a picture. I will contact spreadshirt and find out if that would also happen with flock printing and for now I'll pull the red hoodies.

For anyone, you should contact spreadshirt directly (and of course let me/us know) if you have any concerns about the quality of an order.

Anyone have any feedback on the European products?

Greg

Diabolo.ca T-shirts
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2006, 01:41:21 pm »
Quote from: shaddow
A little disappointing to be ordering from diabolo."CA" but to have to pay customs to have it delivered to Canada.

Quote from: Sean
Interesting. I didn't pay duty on my order of 2 shirts. Either it's because of where the hoodie material was manufactured, a price cutoff, or it's just random.

I have no idea if its the same in canada but in england it is random, you get taxed import duty on some purchases but not on others, it really is random in the customs. But i happen to know if a parcel is marked as a gift you wont pay any import duties. I dont know if thats possible with these shirts or if its even the same in Canada but thats how it works here in England.

I've orderd a bunch of stuff from around europe and japan and got taxed randomly untill i found out about the gift label and now most people who suply me will mark it as a gift for me  :D

Matt_

• Donator
Diabolo.ca T-shirts
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2006, 07:39:37 pm »
i think these are the first actual photos i've seen anywhere of the shirt. so if anyone wants to know what it looks like:

i ordered a medium, and it is abnormally long. not freakishly long--but i have a lot of shirts in Medium and it's longer than those. still fits comfy, it's a nice shirt, the print looks to be good quality that's not gonna flake off when i wash it.

a good washing note for anyone who owns any shirt like this, when you stick it in the washing machine, turn it inside out. that prevents wear and tear on shirts that are printed like this.

Sean

• Administrator
Diabolo.ca T-shirts
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2006, 08:29:23 pm »
Yeah - I found my medium to be abnormally long at first too. It shrunk quite a bit lengthwise (and a bit in the arms) when I washed and dryed it though.

Martijn

Diabolo.ca T-shirts
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2006, 09:16:37 pm »
I also got mine this weekend, and I know I should've gotten a medium instead of a large. But it'll probably shrink a little bit when I wash it for the first time. The print is really nice, looks awesome! It's a comfy shirt, great for practise! I can't wait to order more diabolo.ca merchandise :mrgreen:
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

William

• VotW Contributor
Mr. Ted E Bare
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2006, 02:25:04 am »
I want a Diabolo.ca Teddy Bear!!  :lol:
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Sean

• Administrator
Diabolo.ca T-shirts
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2006, 08:43:10 pm »
I wrote spreadshirt about the red showing through the flex printing on the hoodies. Here's the response:

... Yes, it does happen, and yes flock would absolutely have less bleed thru from the item.

So... I will switch all NA sweatshirts to flock printing. European hoodies have always been flock printed I believe.

Sorry for anyone who now has a pink printed hoodie. If it's really bad I'd take it up directly with spreadshirt.

Arjan

Diabolo.ca T-shirts
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2006, 08:46:27 pm »
I got my d.c shirt this weekend, and I love it! Great job Sean, I`ll wear it with pride!

Martijn

Diabolo.ca T-shirts
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2006, 08:10:13 am »
Ha, nice way to use your 666th post Arjan :twisted:

Chiok

• Donator
Diabolo.ca T-shirts
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2006, 01:27:02 am »
Got mine this afternoon, was a nice surprise to come home to.  I got the black hoodie (in keeping with the colour of Finesse hubs).  It's a good size as well and the print looks pretty damn good.

I'll get some photos of it soon.  I think it's up there as one of my most expensive single items of clothing.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Matt_

• Donator
Diabolo.ca T-shirts
« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2006, 02:45:32 am »
sweet, i really want the hoodie too. flock print...SEXY! maybe i'll ask my mom to cough up some cash for it, "come on mom, it's clothes, i need those..."

Martijn

Diabolo.ca T-shirts
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2006, 07:14:56 pm »
Here are a few pics of me wearing my limited edition diabolo.ca t-shirt 8)

Chiok

• Donator
Diabolo.ca T-shirts
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2006, 11:27:45 pm »
Some quick snaps of me in my hoodie, no pink at all

The print is very nice, my fianceƩ felt my breast and commented on how velvety it felt.

The medium was a nice fit for me and I shall be sporting it around many a place now.

Chiok

Matt_

• Donator
Diabolo.ca T-shirts
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2006, 06:04:32 am »
nice pics Chiok, you've got an extreme bloom look going on there. nice knot too ;)

man, i really want a sweatshirt. not sure what size to get--probably a large.

Chiok

• Donator
Diabolo.ca T-shirts
« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2006, 11:21:25 am »
Quote from: Matt_
nice pics Chiok, you've got an extreme bloom look going on there. nice knot too ;)
Yeah, not sure what that was about, we were having some freaky weather that day and clouds were coming and going.  Didn't really take the time to set the camera correctly before handing it over, but of well.  Not bad for a mobile phone.
Quote from: Matt_
man, i really want a sweatshirt. not sure what size to get--probably a large.
What, you calling me small?  :evil:  Don't make me come up there and knock you down to size  :wink: Although American sizes are probably *huge*.

Chiok

fredo

Diabolo.ca T-shirts
« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2006, 12:35:07 pm »
Wow, tijn how did you get that one? want one, too!

Martijn

Diabolo.ca T-shirts
« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2006, 02:49:39 pm »
That's one of the benefits of being a moderator :mrgreen: Glad you like it.

Matt_

• Donator
Diabolo.ca T-shirts
« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2006, 06:17:43 pm »
Quote from: Chiok
What, you calling me small?  :evil:  Don't make me come up there and knock you down to size  :wink: Although American sizes are probably *huge*.

i dunno, your arms look pretty beefy, i'll back down...

out of curiosity, how tall are you/what size did you get? and now you've got me wondering if the american and european sizes are the same...