Author Topic: diabolo(wirewool)  (Read 7040 times)

jacky

diabolo(wirewool)
« on: September 09, 2006, 06:02:36 pm »
this are the video of my fire poi(wirewool)
i was thinking of how are diabolo going to do that.

Crazy_Clown

diabolo(wirewool)
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2006, 08:27:23 pm »
Im working on it at the moment, ill post some pictures later on today explaining how to get it done. I have a video of my first attempt, ill try to post it somewhere today too. It's mental, it gives a massive amount of sparks.

Edit:
This is the first attempt, it's not very good, there anernt any tricks, i just weanted to see the effect the wirewool had in the diabolo. Ill post some more info about it soon

|)><(|

seán_

diabolo(wirewool)
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2006, 10:56:41 pm »
:shock:

how much did you put on there?

We have a nesbitt with the freaky wick fixing (the washer type with pitifull flame) I mighthave a pop at that

Crazy_Clown

diabolo(wirewool)
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2006, 11:05:42 pm »
The wirewool i use comes in packs of 6 not too big kindof rolls. I put one on each side, ill take a picture to one of them and post it for you to know how much i use, but i can probably use 2 of them. One detail, be very careful with your eyes and hair, it's a lot of vey hot metal flying all over the place... Im trying to sort everything out so i can post some pics and another video today, ill see what i can do
|)><(|

jacky

diabolo(wirewool)
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2006, 03:20:53 pm »
that was cool but what is the sound it is quite noisey

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
diabolo(wirewool)
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2006, 03:53:39 pm »
Woah I want to try that! Swimming goggles are probably in order for attempting anything like that.
Behind your back is your front.

Crazy_Clown

diabolo(wirewool)
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2006, 05:00:20 pm »
That noise  was the whole thing breaking... that's why i said it didnt go very well... basically, it was a tuna can attached to a longer axis with a few bolts, which ideally should work if your axis is only one piece but mine was 3 pieces attached together with a long bolt that comes with the light kit for circus diabolos. (i hope this makes sense... )

im about to finish now something similar but apparently a lot more efficient. I have all the pictures of how to make it but i cant upload them right now. i tried to light it last night but i only had matches and it didnt work... ill try again today with a torch to see if it's any better.

Yes, swimming goggles are ideal for this, but i havent got any... a pair of dark glasses works too but probably not as good. I'll have the pictures later on today or tomorrow.
|)><(|

Dan

diabolo(wirewool)
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2006, 05:04:13 pm »
Would there be any way to make it more consistant (ie. you first start it and it sprays everywhere but after it dies down alot) ?

Crazy_Clown

diabolo(wirewool)
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2006, 05:55:46 pm »
Well, that's kind of how wirewool works. If you have a look at some videos, try searching in youtube, there should be some poi videos and you'll see that it will always be like that. It wont last very long, and if you just try putting more wirewool you'll get a few more seconds, but a crazy start with a lot more sparks. To be honest, i havent done it a lot, im just starting to try for the third time (the second one was a complete failure, the first one is that video). I'll let you know if I find anything useful.

anyone else ever tried this?
|)><(|

Crazy_Clown

diabolo(wirewool)
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2006, 10:49:22 pm »
Finally, here are the pictures of what I think is the best way to do it. You first need to put aluminium tape inside the diabolo. Make sure you cover the whole thing, if not the plastic will giv out a very bad smell and it may ruin the diabolo. Note that I have a long bolt instead of the traditional one. It comes with the light kits for circus diabolos and you can probably get something similar in a hardware shop.

You will also need 2 screws of the same size of the bolts, two pieces of wire and as much wirewool as you like. The screws are something like this:

Once you have the screws, you'll have to make a kind of spiral ellipsoid with the 2 pieces of wire to hold the wirewool in place:

All you have to do next is put the wirewool around the screw and inside the spiral and screw the whole thing in the bolt:

After that, just go and burn it!!
I hope this is useful and if you have any doubts just pm me or ask here. Ill make a video of it soon (tonight or tomorrow night) to post here and ill be trying it a lot in bristol
|)><(|

Dan

diabolo(wirewool)
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2006, 11:03:39 pm »
Very nice pics of how to make it.  If i can get the long bolts you use or similar i might try it out.

jacky

diabolo(wirewool)
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2006, 07:27:21 am »
well..it may look cool but it is very danger...
erm..but i still like it very much thanks for sharing Crazy_Clown

Crazy_Clown

diabolo(wirewool)
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2006, 02:18:43 am »
Hey, I finally could make some videos of the new version of the wirewool diabolo. It works quite nice but i didnt manage to do any tricks, just accelerations, to see the effect. Ill try some tricks soon and post again. There are 3 short videos, I dont have any editting software at the moment and my camera is not working very well.
There's only one problem, the screws are way too long so i get the string entangeled in them very easily, if you are going to try it, use screws that arent longer than the diabolo itself.
Have a llok at them and if you can, let me know what you think, I hope you like them
(also, check out my antiflame suit!!!)

|)><(|

matthewthegreat

diabolo(wirewool)
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2006, 03:30:54 am »
That is looks very cool and very  dangers. Thank you for sharing those videos. I was wondering if you had a antiflame suit when I seen your first video because if you didn't have that I think it would start your cloths on fire. Thanks again for sharing those videos  they where great  =D>

Marmu

diabolo(wirewool)
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2006, 08:34:12 am »
Wont work on Finesses?

Domi

• VotW Contributor
diabolo(wirewool)
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2006, 06:47:12 pm »
Good idea thanks for sharing
Nice pics too.
domi

jacky

diabolo(wirewool)
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2006, 07:55:59 am »
great job,i like it very much thanks for showing..