Author Topic: Fan tutorial on Diabolo.ca  (Read 41687 times)

gravity

Re: Fan tutorial on Diabolo.ca
« Reply #80 on: July 02, 2008, 11:51:58 pm »
yo people. im trying to get the s-fan going but im left handed. im going into it with a right handed back rap the first rotation is fine but then i keep getting loops around the left biabolo i dont seam to be able to find the momentem to keep them spinning level with each other. because im left handed im spinning anti clockwise is that right? 
a fool trains until he succeeds a master trains he can not fail!!

UniMA

« Reply #81 on: December 26, 2008, 04:48:39 pm »
          Great tutorial! I'm still working on it, but it has helped to inspire me and get the start right.  What is a fan that i could learn after this that speeds the diabolos up? Is it the, im not sure on the exact name, but it's something like a c-fan or s-fan (start with a left sun, then keep going without the diabolo switch at the bottom), or is there some different and better method?

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #82 on: December 26, 2008, 06:27:50 pm »
Glad you found it useful... it's been a long while since I made that!
What is a fan that i could learn after this that speeds the diabolos up? Is it the, im not sure on the exact name, but it's something like a c-fan or s-fan
That's the s-fan (because of the s-shape the string makes around the diabolos).
(start with a left sun, then keep going without the diabolo switch at the bottom), or is there some different and better method?
That's the c-fan (for the clockwise direction if you're right handed).

There are many ways to enter s- and c-fans. Have a look around the forum and the trick stickies as well as with the search function. Here are some good threads to start with:

2d s-fan start
Am I doing an S-fan, AC Fan, C Fan? [was: Man I suck at...]
S-Fan Exits: A Video Tutorial (with 2 new exits)
S-Fan corrections, stability, tips?
Left sun/Left C-Fan (difference) tutorial

mike.

• VotW Contributor
Re: fan tutorial
« Reply #83 on: January 28, 2009, 11:52:05 pm »
maybe this will help.

again, please use the search button. its at the top of the trick sticky.

mike
can't believe its not butter

Duncan

• Administrator
Re: fan tutorial
« Reply #84 on: January 28, 2009, 11:56:01 pm »
maybe this will help.

again, please use the search button. its at the top of the trick sticky.

mike

By the time you replied, I'd finally merged the topics together. Ah well.

sean, check out the this thread that I've merged your topic with - more than enough information here to get your fans working.

Neil

regular fan help
« Reply #85 on: March 21, 2009, 05:12:00 pm »
sorry if this has already been covered elsewhere but could anybody help me with the hand action for a regular anti clockwise fan?  I'm reasonably proficiant with two diabolos but after extensively trying left backwrap, arm stall, and vortex entries i just can't keep the fan going.
after one or two rotations the distance between the diabolos immediately changes and one diabolo always flies off away from me.
i feel like the problem is that i'm driving far more with my left than my right hand?
perhaps if someone could explain to me how the fan is actually driven that would help

thanks, Neil

Duncan

• Administrator
Re: regular fan help
« Reply #86 on: March 21, 2009, 05:33:54 pm »
...Stuff about getting fans working...

I merged your topic with this thread. Take a look at some of the earlier pages, as they'll help you fuss out how the motion should work. I found this which might help how to sort your hand motions out.

zwiggelbig

• Donator
« Reply #87 on: March 23, 2009, 12:54:26 pm »
Hey I'm struggling with the fan also now but I have a question about how the entry works.

When you do the backwrap entry with the left stick ( right handed ) You wrap it unwrap it and then comes my question. Right after this usualy when I turn the right diabolo that isn't wrapped flys off.. But I tried to slow the motion down.

Do you start the turn and start the fan motion after the right diabolo hits the left string? Because right after you unwrap it your right diabolo that you have not wrapped flys in the air and goes to the left string.'

I hope someone of you can help me out with this =)
Thanks in advance.

Ramon

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #88 on: March 23, 2009, 01:43:14 pm »
When I do it, I think about the diabolo that I am putting the wrap on. When it comes around, backwrap it and then go. If your other diabolo is flying off it means you aren't getting your hand around it fast enough and you're starting the motion with an open string. So, backwrap when that diabolo gets into place, turn quickly, and then unwrap and get your right hand up and over the other diabolo quickly. It can also be a stop over instead of a backwrap. You could also try the over the arm start. (This is assuming you don't have the vortex down yet.)

zwiggelbig

• Donator
« Reply #89 on: March 24, 2009, 08:12:41 pm »
Hey Sean thanks alot! That really helped me alot. I know understand how it goes a bit. And I'm now at the following point:

I backwrap the left diabolo, I turn, I unwrap it, I catch the right diabolo in the string and I put my right stick above it so the diabolo comes around once.

But then after that my left diabolo falls out of the string and I can't figure out how come.. Anyone knows what I'm doing wrong that causes that?

Thanks!

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #90 on: March 24, 2009, 08:33:11 pm »
Think about what you are doing Ramon.
Really i know you can work it out for yourself with all of the help on the forum.
Keep it slow is all i'm saying...

zwiggelbig

• Donator
« Reply #91 on: March 24, 2009, 08:36:00 pm »
Think about what you are doing Ramon.
Really i know you can work it out for yourself with all of the help on the forum.
Keep it slow is all i'm saying...

Yea Ben thats the best thing you ever said to me. ' Try to figure out whats going wrong ' I found out why my right diabolo kept flying of the string because I was actualy thinking how come? And I just had a run of 3 seconds of a fan!!! The left diddn't flew off. But I can't figure why it does sometimes..

But I'm getting to a fan  :o