Author Topic: Fan tutorial on Diabolo.ca  (Read 40263 times)

Ifrit

Re: Fan tutorial on Diabolo.ca
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2005, 02:01:58 am »
Yay did the first 4 revelations and got out before the diabolos hit the fan if you catch my play on words :)

That vortex tutorial sounds like it will be allot of help. It would be great if you could include a verbal break down of the basic vortex if that would be too much trouble.

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2005, 02:27:31 am »
Quote from: JGherkin
...various vortexes(vortexi? :lol: )...

vortexes or vortices (as in vor-tis-eeze) apparently

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=vortex  :)

diabololi

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2005, 09:48:02 am »
Thanks, that would be great. has anyone worked on a backwrap vortex? I can get it to work most times, but I have to use my special "get out of a sun on the right hand side" thingy.

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2005, 11:13:21 am »
I do the given and taken backwrap transfers alot (given more often, and i think the taken one is the votrex version [goes straight into a left hand armstall {and that whole little trick (the backwrap vortex into arm stall) come incredibly well out of a normal vortex if you time it right} by the way])

Yeah it is vortices, like matrix and matrices (mate-ris-eez, not matresses)

JGherkin

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2005, 12:37:16 pm »
Yeh I was planning to do some verbal instructions, slo-mo from various angles focusing on different parts of it and so forth, i'll see what I can come up with lol

And personally I prefer vortexi   :lol:

(mod edit: Johns Vortex tuorial can be found here)

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2005, 04:10:52 pm »
Yes, you can do a vortex with a backwrap that is identical to a normal frontwarp vortex except that all the wraps are reversed. To do it the same as the frontwarp vortex you have to unwrap over the front of the diabolo with your left hand (which is more awkward than the normal move).

It's a fun exercise to do a long vortex combo and keep switching back and forth between front and back side vortices (or vortexi for John ;) )

Sean

chak1984

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2005, 01:56:11 pm »
Hi~I am a new guy here~ :oops:
In many videos, "Fan" seem to be non-stop.
But mine Diabolos stop spinning after 8-10 turns.
And they are not stable at all..........

:?:

barnesy

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2005, 02:34:47 pm »
The one that goes on forever is  an S-fan.  Have a look at the fan threads linked to in the tricks clicky at the top of the forum, and have another look at the videos - you'll hopefully be able to see that the trick is started in a different way to a normal fan.

Arjan

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2005, 03:41:58 pm »
A normal Fan can go on for more than 8-10 turns... as long as they have enough speed, and your string isn`t too old.
Also with ball bearing diabolos you can go on almost forever.

Martijn

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2005, 03:49:05 pm »
Yes, with a normal Fan you can do more than 10 turns, it's just a case of practising. Try to move your hands subtle, no big movements. If you have a new string, the diabolo on the left in't losing spin fast, but an old/dirt string kills your Fan. :P

A S-Fan is infinite, cause both diabolos maintain their speed. The movement of the hands is different from a normal Fan.
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

diabololi

« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2005, 06:39:39 pm »
Hey everyone. I'm getting closer to understanding the fan now. I even got a few rounds of an S fan (plus exit!). But I think my movements are too big and it tends to go out of control and my hands start moving synchronously after about 5 turns. Any tips?

Thanks
Oli

Spooned

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2005, 07:10:40 pm »
Hmmm, now i just got to learn Cfans before i even attempt S-fans, got any advise? Ive seen the video and understand how they should work but when i attempt it one diab just flies off the string, any help with this  :oops:
Diabolo or Diablo

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2005, 04:51:14 pm »
Ok, i watched your video, and tried to do a fan. I got it working for one circular motion, and then one of them got tangled and rode up to my left stick. I have some questions that i wasnt sure about. Do you wrap both diabolos while doing this? Also, is this some trick in which it is a series of wraps and unwraps? Anyways, thanks for your help. I hope i can get this cool trick too.
Go Draco with your Diabolo!
http://frogfighters.com/godraco/

juggleBG

« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2005, 08:20:38 pm »
Ok Draco, my guess is that you're not unwrapping your backwrap (if that's how you're enterting the fan) while doing the fan.  This is a problem.  Work on doing backwraps (left) and unwraps without entering the fan to get the motion down right, otherwise you won't be able to maintain or exit a fan with much success.  I beleive the "seris of wraps and unwraps" you're describing are continuous long vortexes.  This is similar to a fan and can be used to enter a fan.  Suggested watching, punkerpanda's vortex tutorial.  Good luck bru.

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2005, 09:53:19 pm »
Alright. THanks. THis made me find out what i was doing wrong, all i need to do now is pracitce it. :D
Go Draco with your Diabolo!
http://frogfighters.com/godraco/

tomangleberger

• Donator
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2005, 09:11:19 pm »
Help needed, please.

I've been making progress and can get a few turns of the fan. (regular fan, left backwrap entry)

HOWEVER, the diabolo closest to the right hand climbs the string until it is so close to the handstick that I have to exit or crash.

Any tips?

---Tom

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2005, 02:46:01 am »
the diabolo shouldn't be climbing anything because it's not wrapped.... my problem is i let it get to close to me... (i have a few scars on my stomach....)

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2005, 08:46:33 am »
I didn't want to bring up an old topic but now it's up again I might aswell ask. For me, when I a fan in any format one diabolo flies off the string. Why is this.
Behind your back is your front.

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2005, 12:31:23 pm »
its the right hand one (if you are right handed) and it's because you arent getting the string over it when it comes around.

tomangleberger

• Donator
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2005, 02:40:57 pm »
Quote from: J_J777
the diabolo shouldn't be climbing anything because it's not wrapped....

Maybe i shouldn't have said climbing.

The diabolo is not wrapped, yet it gets closer and closer to my right stick with each cycle. I can post a video if you don't believe me.

Am I the only one who's ever had this problem?