Author Topic: Loop string video  (Read 18800 times)

barnesy

• Administrator
Loop string video
« on: December 17, 2004, 02:12:04 am »
Hi all,

I've been working on my loop diabolo routine again.   It still needs work (as the number of edits in the video show! :wink: ), but I wanted something to record with my shiny new camcorder, and thought I should share, especially because there doesn't seem to be very much loop stuff out there, and I think loop diabolo is great.

I have a new found respect for the makers of the well edited videos that get posted here!  :)

The video: http://www.2diabolo.net/media/popcorn.mpg (17mb)

Dave.

mod edit: for those that are interested in Yukky's loop diabolo video: http://www.circuspla.net/mirror/yukky.wmv

seán_

Loop string video
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2004, 02:56:45 am »
Thanks Barnesy, thats great. It's nice to see some loop diabolo. I was having a go at loop the other day, I havent got two yet but I think I'll trya bit harder now.

The bit at 0.38 -0.39 is lovely as is the big trick at 2.17.

Seán_

nezzybaby

Loop string video
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2004, 10:39:59 am »
I think that was one of the best videos ive seen on this forum (maybe not technically the best), love the choice of music, im gonna start diaboloing to popcorn all the time

babebabebuhdabuh babebabebuhdabuh

gonna be in my head all day :)

I learnt two diabolos originallly from your website, and loop diabolo as well, its good to finally see a new video! given me a few new things to think about, been getting pretty stale with two diabolo loop tricks.

As far as the editing goes, i thik you could have put it down to trying to sync up with the music and  there didn't seem to be much editing during the 1 diabolo set

bubuhbe badaba ba be  dabbadaba de dah be dabdeh da da de da

right time to get the loop of string out again, warm up the popcorn and get inspired!

cheers
Nez

MattF

Loop string video
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2004, 10:49:07 am »
nice one mate. I think the tune goes really well with the pace that you have. I wasn't aware you could do half of that stuff with a loop.

Its really nice to see the loop as its different and would be nice to see some more.  :wink:

barnesy

• Administrator
Loop string video
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2004, 10:54:05 am »
Cheers.  And yes - popcorn is fantastic!

I did give myself some troubles trying to edit to the music.  The one stuff is all in there as filmed, so fits quite easily.  There were more tricks with two to fit in than I had music for, which is why the two section is edited so much.  

I'm hoping to use an extended edit of the music when I actually perform the act.  It's too short as it is.

Thanks for the feedback.

barnesy

• Administrator
Loop string video
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2004, 11:01:10 am »
Quote from: MattF

Its really nice to see the loop as its different and would be nice to see some more.  :wink:

Cheers.  I guess you and the rest of the Leeds peeps will be going to Chocfest?  That's when I'm doing the act.  http://www.chocfest.net/

MattF

Loop string video
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2004, 11:16:50 am »
yeah we will be there, it will be nice to meet you.

Is it possible to do a hyperloop with a loop?

barnesy

• Administrator
Loop string video
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2004, 11:27:49 am »
Definitely.   On top of the string (the middle bit of the video) it'd be very similar to the 'with sticks' version.  I've played with it a bit, but the string I use is pretty short when used like that, which doesn't help.   I've not tried them much inside the loop.  I'll have a play with it over the weekend.  

Generally, I think there are ways to do most 'normal' tricks with a loop (stick grinds may be pretty hard though  :wink:  ).  It's not always  harder, it's just different

diabololi

Loop string video
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2004, 11:58:13 am »
lovely video! i made myself some loop string a couple of months ago, I can't get 2 on it yet  :( .

Oli

wes

• VotW Contributor
Loop string video
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2004, 01:24:43 pm »
Hi, barnesy! Nice to meet you. :D
It's a good video! I like it.
In Japan, there are some people to loop diabolo and many new tricks are being created.
I think it is difficult to loop 2diabolos on the string with 1 hand,
but you did it. Great! :wink:

Eduardo

Loop string video
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2004, 01:56:48 pm »
Great video... very nice...
I tried loop diabolo a couple months ago... now its time to try it again  =D>

Martijn

Loop string video
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2004, 02:00:20 pm »
Wow, nice tricks there Barnesy! :D I've seen your previous loop-videos, and this is even better :D  :wink: Can't w8 to see more tricks (with sticks?) recorded by you new camcorder :wink:
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

barnesy

• Administrator
Loop string video
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2004, 04:20:27 pm »
Quote from: wes
Hi, barnesy! Nice to meet you. :D

Hi Wes, it's good to meet you too!

Quote from: wes

It's a good video! I like it.
In Japan, there are some people to loop diabolo and many new tricks are being created.

Cheers.  Is there any video of that available online?  I'd be interested to see more loop stuff!

Dave

wes

• VotW Contributor
Loop string video
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2004, 11:57:19 am »
Quote from: barnesy
Cheers.  Is there any video of that available online?  I'd be interested to see more loop stuff!

Sorry but I have only videos of loop diabolo on VHS, not online.. :(
I'm searching loop diabolo video of Japanese, so if I find it, I surely tell you. :wink:

Paul

Loop string video
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2004, 12:42:29 pm »
OH my lord thats a very very naughty bit of micro diabolo loop action!!!!!!!!!!!!
Peace

Luke Burrage

• VotW Contributor
This might be the same guy
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2004, 02:09:07 pm »
Quote from: Martijn
http://www.circuspla.net/mirror/yukky.wmv

I haven't looked at the video yet (I have a very slow connection) but I guess it could be the same guy as this:

http://www.angelfire.com/mb/lukeburrage/notbruce.html - Not Bruce Lee

He was at the EJC and totally rocked out with his mini loop diabolo and his yoyo stuff. Fantastic stuff.

Luke
Luke

Martijn

Loop string video
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2004, 02:21:14 pm »
Yes, I think that's the same guy... :)
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

Arjan

Loop string video
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2004, 03:13:39 pm »
no wait... that`s bruce lee`s little diabolic maniac brother!!!  :D

yeah it`s the same fella, Yukky I believe.

Mattias

Loop string video
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2004, 06:41:30 pm »
Anyone got a tip on how to tie the string so it doesnt come loose. Now I just tie it normaly 3 or 4 times, but that comes loose after a while, and have potential to create some havoc which me parents wouldnt like...
So is there a standard knot for loop strings?
Thanks
Need help? Try these before creating a new topic:
Search and
Trick and Video Archive

seán_

Loop string video
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2004, 07:16:35 pm »
Quote from: Malte

So is there a standard knot for loop strings?
Thanks

I use a  double fishermans http://www.climbing.ie/knots.html

I would like to know what knots others use for loop. I think as long as the knot isn't huge thinks should be ok