Author Topic: Loop string video  (Read 23963 times)

Martijn

Loop string video
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2004, 07:20:22 pm »
I think I used the "double figure 8-knot"... :)
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

barnesy

• Administrator
Loop string video
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2004, 07:36:10 pm »
Quote from: Martijn
I think I used the "double figure 8-knot"... :)

Yeah, same here.  It seems too big to start with, but the knot gets smaller as it pulls tight, and doesn't seem to come undone, like the other knots I've tried do.

JGherkin

• VotW Contributor
Loop string video
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2004, 01:46:01 pm »
I found another loop string video at this site and this definatly uses Micro Viper diabs as thats what its promoting, I think it might've been Kolibris that Yukki used as their cup size seems larger  :wink:

On the subject of knots, I gave up practisin loop string ages ago cuz I couldn't find a knot that 1) worked for me or 2) I could figure out how to do.  But thx to this thread I've picked it up again and started using the double fishermans  :D

seán_

Loop string video
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2004, 04:59:28 pm »
I think Yukky might be using a spinabolo junior bearing type diabolo (but thats just a guess), Barnesy is hardcore of course so he uses full size Henrys fixed axle.
I know GbH uses a small bearing diabolo for loop and it seems to work well.

Sambo

Loop string video
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2005, 07:50:02 pm »
I only use the loop (can't be doing with this stick business) and I think the best loop diabolo within a small price range is the Mr Babache micro or rainbow. Small and fast for about a tenner. Poifect.

Spooned

Loop string video
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2005, 10:11:38 pm »
Sweet vid dude. Only took up loops diaboloing today, looks like there is some crazy stuff to come.  :lol:
Diabolo or Diablo

Sambo

Loop string video
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2005, 12:53:08 pm »
How did you get the second diabolo onto the loop? I've seen that Yukky kid do it but it's bloody hard. I'm just gonna stick to some tech **** with the one diabolo for now.

MrBabache

Loop string video
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2005, 05:49:24 pm »
I like that....... Very good :)

Sambo

Loop string video
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2005, 06:49:19 pm »
I've just made this little demo loop video today out of boredom. It's poor quality but I really don't care that much. Enjoy...

http://www.randominoes.co.uk/Loop.WMV

Spink

Loop string video
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2005, 12:21:34 pm »
Nice one Sam :o

The first Pontefract video on the forum.

Was that a little inverse trapese after you caught the whipcatch at the end?

You seem to have improved everytime i see you.

We will have to aquire a decent camera and get the whole Pontefract lot on soon.

"Could i interest you in a set of handsticks youngman?"
 :wink:
3rd Base + Hubstacks =

Sambo

Loop string video
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2005, 12:11:58 pm »
Well, the sticks do have their appeal, but I consider myself an experiment. I have absolutely no skill or experience with sticks, so I'm going to see if I can become amazing wih the loop. Haha.  

I'm not too sure what that thing was after the last whip catch, it may have been a variation on a simple yoyo trick but  I'm not sure. I'lll try to figure it out again.

In the mean while I think a Ponte video is a great idea. Me and Ginger Tom already have some stuff from Leeds on camera and I have some of the necessary equipment to perform this daring operation. Let's get to it.

Sambo

Spink

Loop string video
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2005, 01:19:08 pm »
have some of the necessary equipment to perform this daring operation. Let's get to it.

We will film this weekend then, on saterday if were not too hungover.
3rd Base + Hubstacks =

stupendous

Single Loop Diabolo
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2005, 05:24:53 am »
I am sorry if this has been asked or discussed before....

I am looking for any videos, tips, or ideas on playing with a Single Loop with a diabolo.  I can do some basic tricks with a single loop , but I am wondering if there is anything more to this style of play?

Thanks!
STU
Spintatsics Diabolo Team

Pete

• VotW Contributor
Loop string video
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2005, 09:39:24 am »
The video didn'y work for me so i don't know if i'm repeating what was done in that. Doing figure of 8 around both arms really fast looks great but you get terrible scars on your wrists from the string. You can mess around trying to do it around as many body parts as you can, if you have a long enough string i reckon you could probably do 1 leg, both arms, and your body. WYou caould try doing excalibur with it. I have tried but i can't do it. I've never seen it done so it would be really cool if you got it.
Diabolumberyo has a video on his trick of the week section on his site.
 http://trickoftheweek.free.fr/, its the April 2005 video of him.
Theres some cool stuff there too.

I've been playing around with some 2d loop tricks. I can't do much but i think there is much more out there to do with 2d

I've been thinking about 3d on the loop. With 2d once you have speed you can do 2 in one hand easily for quite some time. If you got a second peson to drop a 3rd diabolo into the loo[ i reckon you could probably get some speed. And then you could try 3 in one hand, and it might be easier on the loop as it was with 2d.

But thats just an idea... probably won't work.
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

Doctor Popular

solid loop video
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2005, 05:39:30 pm »
Here is a video I made with my friend Pat. I believe we put it online back in the winter of 2000.
http://www.atraffic.com/videos/micro_diabolo_1.mpg
The style has completely changed now too, I use a different string that has a lot more rigid feel than the really loose one in the video.
I have yet to meet another loop player in the 5 years I've been into, I know they are out there, so if any ever come to SF, please contact me.
www.Doctorpopular.com

busk

Loop string video
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2005, 08:16:44 pm »
wow! doc pop! that's an honour! respect! ^^ 8)

Squiggle

Loop string video
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2005, 09:21:53 am »
kool video just wondering how to do that kool trick at about 0:22

:P

------------------------------------------------------------------

Dont worry i  just figured it out for myself  :twisted:

Pete

• VotW Contributor
Loop string video
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2005, 12:27:38 pm »
That was awesome!! Why does he use micro diabolo?
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

JC

• Donator
Loop string video
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2005, 08:54:50 pm »
that´s good stuff barnsay, the music you use is from the early 70`. Could you tell me the name of the band and the name this song?
www.diabolonet.de - email to: diabolo-kits@web.de
MONOBOLOS, Henrys Circus, Vision and MB Finesse with round shaped axles

seán_

Loop string video
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2005, 09:34:38 pm »
Quote from: JC
that´s good stuff Barnsey, the music you use is from the early 70`. Could you tell me the name of the band and the name this song?

Its Popcorn by Crazy Frog  :twisted: