Author Topic: Woodford Folk Festival (and Aussie roll call)  (Read 4834 times)

Woodford Folk Festival (and Aussie roll call)
« on: September 22, 2006, 03:07:14 am »
The Woodford Folk Festival is an event of international standing. Held over six days and six nights it presents more than 2000 performers and 400 events with concerts, dances, workshops, forums, street theatre, writers' panels, film festival, comedy sessions, acoustic jams, social dialogue and debate, an entire children's festival, art and craft workshops, late night cabarets and special events including a spectacular fire event. The Festival features the cream of Australian performers and a generous gathering of special international guests.

www.woodfordfolkfestival.com
Dates:          Dec27th - Jan1st
Location:      Earth, Southern Hemisphere, Australia, Queensland, Sunshine Coast, Woodford, Someones Cow Paddock....
Price:           Check website.
Diaboloing is finaly in... Yay!
my videos http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=SirHJock

William

• VotW Contributor
Re: Woodford Folk Festival
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 03:11:30 am »
It would help to tell us about its location.. ;)
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Squiggle

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 03:15:08 am »
Queensland

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 04:03:19 am »
Queensland

Jake I could tell it was going be in QLD but like what area? If I told you there was a convention in Tassie it'd help to now where in Tassie, Right?  ;)
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Squiggle

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2006, 04:08:43 am »
Yes but it says specific directions on the site.

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2007, 11:10:25 am »
so woodford folk festival has come and gone.
and it was better than ever! Circadia rocked, there were some wicked diaboloist there.
Julien (Zanzibar le crazy french man) was defiantly a highlight! with his advanced 2 diabolo workshops!
here are a couple of videos of Matt. A guy from the UK who now lives in oz.
he is the best poi boy i have ever seen! absolute wicked!!

i will be uploading some more vids over the next week...

Shaun

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2007, 09:19:30 am »
josh! how ya goin?
i found that site you were telling me about. yeh julien was mad. if anyone here lives in sydney go into the city and watch his amazing diabolo show, or just goto the sydney juggling convention, i think he just got an invite there. also for will, he should be at the juggling convention in tassie, psycus pete too.
thats not the matt who done the fire circle is it? i recon marbo and kong win the prize for best poi style, marbo played like a crab (with skill) haha classic!
ill add a few things to here too http://putfile.com/sir123

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2007, 10:29:18 am »

also for will, he should be at the juggling convention in tassie, psycus pete too.

Awesome! :) Could you give me an email or something like that so I could contact them? Thanks

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2007, 09:22:25 am »

josh! how ya goin?
i found that site you were telling me about. yeh julien was mad. if anyone here lives in sydney go into the city and watch his amazing diabolo show, or just goto the sydney juggling convention, i think he just got an invite there. also for will, he should be at the juggling convention in tassie, psycus pete too.
thats not the matt who done the fire circle is it? i recon marbo and kong win the prize for best poi style, marbo played like a crab (with skill) haha classic!
ill add a few things to here too http://putfile.com/sir123

heya where you at woodford? sorry whats your real name... you failed to mention it....
and no its a different matt... and yes marbo and kong Rocked... and now that you mention it he did look like a crab! lol

Shaun

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2007, 10:40:59 pm »
its shaun, i was working at the psycus shop with pete
if thats the matt you mean in the video, then yeh i saw him doing diabolo, but not poi. i think i met his dad too when i was trying very unsuccesfully to do 3 on the string lol
pm'd ya will.

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2007, 09:58:32 am »
haha hey shaun.
glad you found (remembered) this site!
it rocks there is so much information available here!
hey you do poi aswell right? check this site out! http://www.spherculism.net/index.php its just starting to get its feet back on the ground.. so there just trying to re-organize it but yea...
are you traveling with pete atm? if so say hi from me!

me on youtube http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=SirHJock

Shaun

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2007, 06:28:08 am »
nar petes still in brisbane, im back up in darwin, so hot here! cant juggle all day like at woodford.
yeh ive been watching some peoples vids  :o crazy! dekel, ofek and riku are pretty inspiring, so skillful for their age. everyone seems to have a video of themself, maybe i should try and make one :P
diabology's on its way, along with some you beaut string soon.
i basically play everything we sell, plus a bit more. my fingers just recovered from playing too much chain poi :D do you live near noosa?

The Vitamin Guy

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2007, 09:37:39 am »

everyone seems to have a video of themself, maybe i should try and make one :P

No way not everyone! But please make one :)
The Vitamin Guy

Shaun

• Donator
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2007, 11:32:17 am »

No way not everyone! But please make one :)

maybe...could be good in the future to see how far ive progressed. im not much of a showoff though. are there any more australians here?

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2007, 12:36:10 am »
For anybody whos interested. Theres Squiggle, Scooby, Stroevey, Damien, Josh (Sir H. Jock), Miesta and I. They're the ones that I can think of.

Any other Australians or anybody living/staying in Australia- Please post in this thread and let us know ;)

Jester

Re: Woodford Folk Festival (and Aussie roll call)
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2007, 01:31:13 am »
well i'm livin in melbourne at the moment for the next 4-5 month

be keen if anyone wants to meet up?
do it, do it ,do it, DO IT!

Squiggle

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2007, 01:34:13 am »
Wickid , You shall be at circus fest right?  If so you going to be there for the whole week and a bit or just the weekend lol.

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2007, 06:00:36 am »
We need to organize somewhere for the Diaboloists to meet at Circus Fest. That would be awesome.

Jester

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2007, 03:25:56 am »
no i'm too unorganised to have arranged that the 4 months ago i should have
and too poor
and i jut missed SJC too :(
do it, do it ,do it, DO IT!