Author Topic: Diabolo.ca Equiptment  (Read 7576 times)

Ethos

Diabolo.ca Equiptment
« on: October 11, 2006, 01:58:25 am »
I was wondering Diabolo.ca has shirts but why don't they make there own versions of what all diaboloists need... diabolos and sticks.

Someone should see with some company if they can get Diabolos with diabolo.ca printed on them, and sticks with that burned (if wooden) or engraved/painted on them. I must say that would be really cool! :D
woot
Ethos

William

• VotW Contributor
Re: Diabolo.ca Equiptment
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 05:19:24 am »
No offence but I think this would be a stupid idea. One, the writing on the stick is pointless since you won't see it most of the time AND it would grind off in time. As for diabolo, Uh.. Pointless? ITS SPINNING! How can you see a Diabolo.ca logo or whatever if its spinning so fast all you can see is a blur.

There's my opinion.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 12:15:23 pm »
And if you're running down the street wearing a D.ca hoodie (possible because David Cameron's trying to give you a hug) then no one's gonna see the print either.

Henrys diabolos say Henrys on the inside etc.  It's just a branding thing.  I believe the main point about not doing it is that there isn't really anything "new" to offer the diabolo community.  Sticks might be nice, but printing on diabolos just isn't something that works very well I think.

Could set up a store for D.ca members, but then who wants to go through all of that hassle?

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 06:30:38 pm »
this thread has made me wonder for a few days what you really want, Ethos.

do you want the diabolo.ca logo on your equipment? if so just get out a sharpie and write it on there, and if your friends ask, tell them it's official. no one's going to see it anymore than they see the brand names that are currently printed on sticks.

or do you want special diabolo.ca equipment? handsticks built to your specifications? a new type of diabolo? special hub kits? if so, that's quite a different story, making equipment (especially something like a diabolo or sticks) it's a pretty involved, time and money consuming project.

or maybe both..?

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2006, 07:31:33 pm »
Yeah the whole printing 'diabolo.ca' on stuff is pretty pointless. Instructional booklets or dvd's would be the only things worthwhile producing. Even then there already quite a few so that would be pretty useless aswell.
Behind your back is your front.

Martijn

Re: Diabolo.ca Equipment
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2006, 08:15:08 pm »
Yeah, I don't like the idea of having a whole Diabolo.ca merchandising line myself either.

I would like a Diabolo.ca teddybear though :)

matthewthegreat

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2006, 10:27:06 pm »
I do think making a diabolo.ca bumper sticker might be a good idea. ;)

LaNgErZ

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2006, 12:19:11 am »
i think dvd, compilation of every video ever posted, now thats a good idea if anyone could ever be arsed. 
www.MightAsWellCommit.com - Diabolo Awesomeness.

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2006, 07:59:39 am »
i think dvd, compilation of every video ever posted, now thats a good idea if anyone could ever be arsed. 
Good idea but alot of the videos aren't of sufficient quality for making dvd's.

Martijn

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2006, 03:46:26 pm »
You mean like, a Video of the Week DVD? That could be nice, IF we had every single VotW in high quality, which Sean doesn't have.

eggy900

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2006, 05:21:44 pm »
Spreadshirt (the company that makes all the d.ca merchandise) do lots of other things like teddy bears, stickers, badges, baseball caps, mousemats, mugs, bags, lanyards and even umbrella's so there's quite a lot of new stuff sean could add to the merchandise range

Making diabolo equipment would'nt be successful because there's already lots of good juggling stores online

LaNgErZ

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2006, 07:28:35 pm »
nah quality doesn't matter! like a data disk you know

matthewthegreat

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2006, 07:33:00 pm »
teddy bears, stickers, badges, baseball caps, mousemats, mugs, bags, lanyards and even umbrella's

yeah Sean should sell things like that.

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2006, 08:32:28 pm »
nah quality doesn't matter! like a data disk you know

well in that case, just download them all and burn them onto a CD ;)

a DVD would be interesting but not worth it, since the videos are freely available on the internet, are of varying quality, some containing sound, music, and some containing none of those. it would get pretty boring to have a DVD slideshow of just random tricks. and besides, you can just make one at home. It's not worth it for Sean (or anyone) to download them all, order them, convert them, burn them to DVD, package and send it out. Just make your own if you want it so bad. Hell, throw them into Sony Vegas, add some music, and make your own montage.

Martijn

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2006, 08:50:59 pm »
Yeah, a DVD is something special, it's a project which needs a lot of time and effort, because it's not just one online video.

Mark BMC

• Donator
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2006, 08:55:10 pm »

I wouldn't like this forum to be attached to a shop, their are good suppliers out their already. this site should be all about building a community of diaboloers that is friendly and that pushes the boundary's of the prop.

however one thing I would like to see is that for instance if a new product came on the market that allot off us would like to buy e.g a circus gen 2 finesse gen 3 maybe a forum buying collective? buy in bulk and share the discount? althought secondary postage costs may scupper it

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2006, 09:57:34 pm »
I don't think anyone would want the forum replacing

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2006, 01:24:49 am »
althought secondary postage costs may scupper it

Unless everyone goes to Sean's house to pick it up :p

Ethos

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2006, 01:50:03 am »
Thats a good idea... does Sean live close to Easter Island???

but at what you all said I think Diabolo.ca stuff, maby not diabolos but more stuff (teaddy bears, carrying bags, bendy straws etc.) But if not the shirts are cool too.
woot
Ethos

matthewthegreat

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2006, 04:37:41 am »
Thats a good idea... does Sean live close to Easter Island???
Sean Profile says he lives in Halifax Canada

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2006, 04:46:58 am »
Um, I think that [Easter Island] was a joke. ;)  Strangely I used to live very near Ethos - in Waterloo.

And no, I don't believe we'll be coming out with diabolo.ca equipment any time soon. Sorry :D  Shirts and hoodies are about as far as I'd like to take the merchandising side of things.

Perhaps at some point group buying or discounts at certain shops - perhaps for certain groups like diabolo.ca donators or donators and votw contributors or perhaps for everyone? But really, it is nice to try and keep this place as non-commercial as possible isn't it.

matthewthegreat

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2006, 04:49:56 am »
Um, I think that [Easter Island] was a joke. ;) 

lol. I thought that was was joke.

Mark BMC

• Donator
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2006, 06:48:55 pm »
I second that.

money makes stuff less fun.[i'd hate to see Ca as a brand]

easter island would be a good place for a juggling convo. Am I joking?

LaNgErZ

• Donator
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2006, 07:14:19 pm »
easy! it would be a good way too make money for the site though. thats all i was thinking

Ethos

« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2006, 02:08:43 am »
;)  Strangely I used to live very near Ethos - in Waterloo.

Perhaps at some point group buying or discounts at certain shops - perhaps for certain groups like diabolo.ca donators or donators and votw contributors or perhaps for everyone? But really, it is nice to try and keep this place as non-commercial as possible isn't it.

Strangely enough I go up to Halifax most summers.

But yes I guess I am seing what you mean and a non-comercial Diabolo.ca would be nice but group buying for less would also be nice.
woot
Ethos

one.man.band

« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2006, 01:38:22 pm »
This is where i get very confused, because so many of the places in europe have "new ..." partners in USA, and many people forget to put the "new" bit in.

It's very confusing
Not sure how many times my diabolos have been in the pond