Author Topic: [video] Imperfect Cirquel  (Read 10172 times)

busk

[video] Imperfect Cirquel
« on: October 12, 2006, 05:03:34 pm »
finally, after 3 months of working, the video is finished...is a collaboration of 9 italian emergings jugglers:

Moon: bouncing
Sid: balls and clubs
Diablista: balls and diabolo
Shay: contact
Stregai: hula hoop
Kasetta: balls
Exart: unicycle
Evviva: staff
Busk: diabolo

editing: Cubo & Busk

the video is 18 minutes long..there's a HQ version (150 MB)and a MQ version (90 MB)

the level is not outrageous, but we're growing up..i hope you like it

mofosyko

Re: [video] Imperfect Cirquel
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 06:54:02 pm »
Its brilliant, extremely well made video with some really great shots and a great setting. The juggling is pretty sweet too

sander p

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 06:54:20 pm »
amazing tricks and you have some edit skills man. what programme did you use for edit its amazing

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 06:55:45 pm »
From what I saw it was very good. Although there was a problem with the file and I needed to repair it, even then it cut off before the end.
Behind your back is your front.

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2006, 07:52:09 pm »
the level is not outrageous, but we're growing up..i hope you like it

BS. The level is awesome.

New favorite juggling video of the year.

-Duncan

fredo

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2006, 07:54:31 pm »
WOW AMAZING! especially your 2d knot stealings and suicides! incredible!

great editing! good composition of clips in there...and nice music as well.

Jakob

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2006, 08:39:17 pm »
WAUW!
Nice video, and nice editing. Really liked it!!!
//Jakob

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2006, 09:11:51 pm »
woah.... I loved all that 2 stuff!  that knot stealing and crazy inventive stuff. ;)  Also all that other amazing stuff that i had no freaking clue what it was but it all looked really cool and everything fit the mood with the music and all that.  The contact juggling was nice, the staff stuff was sick!  And I never even knew a hula hoop could be used like that!!  Bouncing was wow.... Juggling was pretty nice too.  I enjoyed the diaboloing best though :p.  How do you find so many people close together enough that's good enough to make videos like this Busk?!?!  Martijn with circusplanet? 

Maybe circus arts could have a go at this eh Mithew, Jacob?

Josh

Martijn

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2006, 09:25:44 pm »
Woah indeed! That was superduper nice! The locations, filming, camera angles, editing, music, tricks, and all that were very well done, exactly as a good video should be. It kept me fascinated to the very last second. I couldn't believe it was over! First I was like, oh man not 2 minutes of credits! But then I saw how amazing and professional the credits were done! I just loved that. Must've been a huge project you guys, congratulations, that was one awesome piece of a high quality video.
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

tommi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2006, 09:56:33 pm »
What an amazing video. Really talented and beautiful object manipulation going on. It was pretty long, but I happily watched it, and will watch it again many times. The editing and music was great. Just want to get out and juggle now. Seriously, best video in long time, respect!

Mattias

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2006, 10:36:57 pm »
Best credits I've ever seen, not even Matt_ can complain about those :P

Liked almost all manipulation in it, exception is staff, unicycle and hoolahoops, doesn't appeal to me, mainly because I don't understand it I guess.

Anyway, one of the best. Perfect
Need help? Try these before creating a new topic:
Search and
Trick and Video Archive

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2006, 10:46:34 pm »
staff was amazing, hoops was amazing, I know some freestyle unicyclists that are real good, juggling was great, contact was awesome, bounce was phenomenal, and busk, you're my antonin of 2d. top notch stuff, makes me hate life that I can't go diabolo for hours and hours right now because of college applications. very very good video, what software do you use?
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2006, 01:34:10 am »
Best credits I've ever seen, not even Matt_ can complain about those :P

haha, pwned!! :P

I loved this video. It was long and it rarely repeated any locations, let alone tricks. Busk, you are freaking amazing man, I can't even wrap my head around your style. I hope one day we can hang out and you let me into the inner workings of it.

Even the other stuff was fantastic. Loved the ball juggling, it was so clean. I don't usually enjoy hoops or unicycle or staff but there were honestly some great clips in there. Excellent video all around--I put this one into my "awesome" folder where only the best juggling videos go.

Editing and music were fantastic. Clips were great quality, there were only a couple of clips (out of what, a hundred?) where what was going on was even slightly obscured (and I'm being uber picky about that). Great music choices, you hit the bullseye that I think every video creator should aim for, which is neutrality in music choices. A lot of people like Nirvana and Led Zeppelin, but if you put that in a movie you're really aiming for a certain audience. If you put Norah Jones or Chris Botti in there, you're probably making a video for my mom. But the music you picked was great and I don't see how anyone could be disappointed with it.

I can't find any flaws in this video--you have created one of the greatest juggling videos of all time using the basic pillars of video creation: good music, good tricks, variety of locations, jugglers, styles, and props, edited and produced well with no repetition or any boring parts. Aspiring juggling video creators should look at this like a textbook the same way filmmakers look at Citizen Kane. I am blown away, I was going to say I'm speechless but look at all the praise that flowed out as my jaw hit the floor.

PS. One thing I noticed....lots of bare feet. I've noticed that in a lot of European videos have barefooted jugglers...

seán_

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2006, 02:25:44 am »
PS. One thing I noticed....lots of bare feet. I've noticed that in a lot of European videos have barefooted jugglers...
Thats 'cos we cant afford shoes obviously :P
Actually its nice to feel the floor sometimes, give it a try (especially near Jason Garfield, he loves bare footed jugglers)

---------

Great video Busk, nice to see such variety. Your great style of diaboloing is always a pleasure to watch.

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2006, 04:39:21 am »
Best multi-person multi-juggling type video I've ever seen. Actually screw that, just might be the best juggling video I've seen. Much more so a true juggling film than a 'video'. I've created an "awesome" folder because of this video. ;)

Busk you did the diabolo world proud. If you have 2 diabolos on the string, my jaw is on the floor. Always.

The Vitamin Guy

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2006, 02:09:28 pm »
Wow.
The Vitamin Guy

Martijn

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2006, 02:23:44 pm »
I put this one into my "awesome" folder where only the best juggling videos go.

Haha, you have a folder like that too?? :P I just hope the other video's in that folder won't get jeaulous... :D

And yeah I forgot to say how amazed i was by your 2d moves Busk, they just don't make sense! Incredible.

Usually I also don't enjoy contact juggling, staff or hula hoops that much, but the way they were filmed and edited into the video made them a pleasure to watch, I loved it.

As for the editing, I believe Busk uses Sony Vegas, like me.
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

Domi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2006, 06:04:38 pm »
Thats amazing, 
perhaps the best juggling video of the year.
Yes I think thats it
domi

jake

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2006, 07:40:09 pm »
That video was professional quality...in all aspects...

and im also gonna say it...best video i've ever seen...and honestly the credits were really moving and one of the best parts of the movie...

funny, i didnt think a juggling video could be "moving" but damn...the music and awesome angles,shots,props...it worked!

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2006, 09:18:08 am »
Incredible. Just incredible. THE BEST juggling video I have ever seen in my life. Will be watched many times over for inspiration :)
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro