Author Topic: Diabolocamp UK  (Read 12471 times)

Mark BMC

• Donator
Re: Diabolocamp UK
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2006, 05:48:48 pm »
yeah I gotta work on the fourth !!!

terrible choice of dates i shake a fist at anybody responsible, id have been well up for doing a beginners 1 and 2 diabolo workshop.

Id be willing to help organise and run one in brum  as I live relativly close. Any profit going to the website

Still think its a numbers problem >:(

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2006, 10:54:12 pm »
I wanted to come to leeds but i'm busy then with a number of things. (i have to say organising it around bonfire night was a bad idea whoever did that). Birmingham seems like the place to hold it. I'll look around a bit.
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

seán_

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2006, 12:48:20 am »
well lets see, hold it on the 4th or not at all?
Good luck organising diabolocamp Pete because I can tell you even organising a simple 1 dayer like leeds (that only had 300 people turn up last year) sorting out suitable venues for the day and the show, getting sound systems, getting lighting and the tech people to run those. Getting around ten or more performers of a certain standard and variety (hopefully), doing publicity, dealing with enquiries, sorting out traders, getting catering, crash space, door tokens, signs to venue, arranging first aid, sorting out finance etc etc is hard enough for a small team who have done it before. Sometimes you have to take whats offered to you re dates and thats what we had.
None of us have gigs on the 4th (me and tiff have one on the 5th) all the major leeds bonfires are on the friday.
Personally I haven't bothered about that particular anti catholic celebration for a very long time.

Crazy_Clown

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2006, 01:29:28 pm »
Birmingham uni would be ideal, considering that I live here :). Unfortunately, there's nowhere in the guild that's got a high enough ceiling, and the sports' centre is externally owned, i.e. expensive.

The selly oak centre is quite close to the main campus and to the selly oak station. I know there's a juggling club there and I think there's a juggling convention every year too. It might be a place to consider. It's not too close to the university owned accomodations but it's quite close to the private ones. pm me if you need a few more details
|)><(|

Mark BMC

• Donator
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2006, 06:03:24 pm »
soz sean_

was more a grumble at becoming a working man.  I will use that post as a good checklist if I have a go at organising one. Anybody who Fancy's the challenge 2 give me a PM

p.s I withdraw my cyber fist shake

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2006, 05:42:41 pm »
Well, i have thought about this for a while and i have decide that considering i am only 15 and have no experience what so ever, I am not the best person to be organising this event. I don't have the time either because of school work. But i would still really like this event to happen. Is there anyone else out there with the will power to make it happen?

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2006, 06:00:46 pm »
There are plenty of people who could organise it but won't because it takes a lot of time, effort and money. An easier thing to do would be to hold a convention and have the camp run alongside it. There's a convention in Ellesmere Port in the works soon so I could probably organise it. Ellesmere Port isn't the most conveniant or central place to have it so the turnout would probably minimal to say the least. Although there were a couple of D.CA members there last year. For something like this it would be better to contact someone who already runs a successful convention somewhere central like brum and ask them if you could organise something there.

These are the easier alternatives to an 'exclusive' diabolo camp in my mind.
Behind your back is your front.

Mark BMC

• Donator
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2006, 10:12:51 pm »
yeah true true GG

piggy backing an event would probobly work best. more convo preperation though posting  outlining whats on for diaboloers i.e small work shops run my advansed diabolers for other ca members,

things I'd love to see at a pigi backed camp
-eric and antonin
-diabolo combat sumet to do when the games are on
- intergral suicides workshop

one.man.band

« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2006, 05:02:55 pm »
Don't we need to find a central convention to piggy-back first?
Not sure how many times my diabolos have been in the pond

Mark BMC

• Donator
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2006, 05:57:10 pm »
The BJC is in nottingham this year which is fairly central, its also just far enough away to organise a few things.

I'm not sure how much diabolo related stuff their will be, I'm just suggesting we could organise a few things are self's and get plenty of feedback on the forum, might coax a few more diaboloers to come along, as opposed to 10ish diaboloers just randomly playing in a corner of a sports hall , [ which i do enjoy but ya get my drift].

at the nottingham convo this year [yep i know the bjc is at a differnt venue] we had a separate room that the diaboloists colonised, that worked really well and made a nice camp Esq vibe

just a few more ramblings, seems to be the same people who are posting in this thread so maybe a diabolo camp uk admin team is forming?
me
pete
tom
one.man.band

anybody else who thinks they have time/info/popularity or just plain enthusiasm would be awesome to have on board.I don't think I've met you three but id be more than willing to help organise some stuff. Pm me if so 

Marc

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2006, 06:18:02 pm »
Taking over a convention would be the best option I think. BJC2007 would be a very good place because all the facilities are already ready and it’s quite central next year compared to Cornwall this year.

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2006, 06:33:34 pm »
Yeah nottingham isn't a bad date and there is more chance of diaboloers who don't know about the idea turning up.
Behind your back is your front.

Mark BMC

• Donator
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2006, 06:41:53 pm »
molto bene

marc I'd be knocking on two cupps door for workshops and performanses so I'm happy to see you like the idea

thanks for the feed back guppygould. I'd make a desent effort of advertising , all the big websites and the clubs I go to, the guy who does the flyers for my circus stuff might knock me up a flyer pro bono 

one.man.band

« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2006, 07:54:30 pm »
hehe, i'm up for that, i was reading about the BJC 2007 a few days ago, and i thought it would be a good idea, but probably one that had already been done or something that happened every year. in this case, there probably isn't much stuff we need to do, just collect all the diaboloists together and kidnap them into another room  :D

My name's Sam by the way.
Not sure how many times my diabolos have been in the pond

Llama_Bill

« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2006, 01:28:38 pm »
I vote against BJC as I know that I'll be watching the WJF when it's on so that'd cut into the time available.  I'd help run the camp and I may be able to get the Ellesmere Port hall for 2 days for  less than any other hall available.  I know the Port isn't central but for a 2/3 day event with possible crash space the night before, you never know who might turn up.
Bill.

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2006, 05:08:53 pm »
I really like the idea of piggy backing on another event and BJC does sound like a good one to do it on. Although it would probably mean a dramatic increase in diabolists in BYJOTY, but thats not necesserily a bad thing. Piggy backing would make it alot easier to organise.
Quote from: Mark BMC
at the nottingham convo this year [yep i know the bjc is at a differnt venue] we had a separate room that the diaboloists colonised, that worked really well and made a nice camp Esq vibe
That would be ideal. And if it was part of a convention then accommodation would already be organised in some way or another.

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2006, 10:53:59 am »
I'd definitely help lend a hand as required to make it happen.  I'd put one up in Bath if only there was the space for it (both in terms of height, size and people wanting to sleep somewhere).  If anyone wants some help on organising or things required for organising, I might know, or at least know someone to point in the direction of.

Don't give up on it.  But perhaps a collection of us at the next national convention could work partly as well.  So get booking those tickets and holidays.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2006, 01:20:24 pm »
I would definitely go if i wasn't 13 :'(
don`t do drugs...

...drink coffee!

DiaboloWebb

« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2006, 01:30:03 pm »
So would i, i'm 15 so i would probs be able to go next year
ALIENS ARE COMING TO ABDUCT ALL THE GOOD LOOKING AND SEXY PEOPLE.

YOU WILL BE SAFE; I'M JUST WRITING THIS TO SAY GOODBYE.

Martin_

« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2006, 10:47:36 pm »
I'm pretty sure I could get to one if its in the midlands, the birmingham convention was good fun this year and somthing with more diabolo support would be great.