Author Topic: Diabolocamp UK  (Read 11824 times)

Llama_Bill

Re: Diabolocamp UK
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2006, 12:35:31 pm »
*Clear!*
I would run a UK diabolo camp in Ellesmere Port if you all really wanted one.
Bill.

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2006, 12:46:02 pm »
The people from the north and middle England would go although I don't think any southerners would make the trip. Why not have 2? one in the north and one in the south.
Behind your back is your front.

Matt?

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2007, 11:39:12 am »
wouldnt london surley be the easiest place to have it? as it is probably the easiest place to get to and you can rely on public transport all the way? very interested.
i go for walk now? it easy to find papers! look, i got this bag of filters!

Mr_Mistoffelees

« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2007, 12:21:07 pm »
What numbers are we thinking of to make an event feasible?

I think a diabolocamp in ellesmere port would be good, but we'd need to check numbers first - if the numbers can't be raised then piggybacking another event would be the only real option left; which is a good idea in itself to be fair, although a diabolocamp might attract people who wouldn't want to go to a "normal" juggling convention.

Ali

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2007, 02:20:43 pm »
wouldnt london surley be the easiest place to have it?

Probably not because it isn't central, somewhere like Birmingham or to an extent Nottingham would be better.
Behind your back is your front.

Alex!

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2007, 07:15:45 pm »
Birmingham is good. I could get there without much difficulties.
STOP! HAMMER 'TIJN

barnesy

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2007, 07:35:15 pm »
As has already been said in this thread, the location is totally irrelevant.  If something like this was to happen, it would happen wherever the people who actually do something about making it happen are.  Naming cities means nothing if you're not going to actually find a venue and run the thing.

Alex!

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2007, 09:04:09 pm »
So would i, i'm 15 so i would probs be able to go next year

Is there an age restriction or something?
STOP! HAMMER 'TIJN

Llama_Bill

« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2007, 11:26:03 am »
Up to now there is no age limit and Ellesmere Port is the only place mentioned with an available venue at the moment.
Bill.

fire monkey

« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2007, 06:28:12 pm »
i know people were against something linked to BJC this year but would it be possible for someone who is confident at teaching diabolo maybe running a few workshops that could then be used to promote the idea to diaboloists so there is interest created.

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2007, 10:01:49 pm »
I think there will most definitely be a diabolo workshop there, hosted by some knowledgable fellow no doubt, in which case someone might want to whisper in their ear about it.  However, without any real set ideas or dates of anything of that sort, I feel it may be either a very long whisper or no whisper at all.

If there was an event going ahead, definitely advertise and plug it there, but interest isn't something that needs stirring up in my opinion, people will definitely want to go.  A fair point nevertheless.  It's always hard to get forum people to announce themselves in public, it's a bit taboo I think.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

garner

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2007, 11:31:54 am »
any news on this yet?
or has everyone forgotten