Author Topic: what is your aim this year  (Read 8150 times)

wes

• VotW Contributor
what is your aim this year
« on: December 26, 2004, 05:22:40 am »
Hi! It is late, but Merry Christmas!
Have you enjoyed this year? I have! :D

By the way, do you have any aims of diabolo within this year?
I know there is little time left, but I want to master the tricks completely which I've already masterd, and to come to keep 3diabolos (both high and low) better. If we have our own aims, we'll try to do it and enjoy the next year!

It is early, but a Happy New Year!

Punkerpanda

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2004, 06:02:10 am »
i'm hoping to get a nice routine down with which i can audition for some performances at my school. also get better at 2 diabolos, hopefully the 2nd circus will help since i'm not sure how good yoho superspins are for 2 diabolo.

i also hope i can perfect some of my own tricks i have been working on.

diabololi

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2004, 10:11:02 am »
I'm hoping to get a job at bluewater performing at Airborne Kites (they offered me one but I was too young) Erm.. that teaching diabolo at my old school goes well, and to learn 31 solidly (siteswap)

Oli

Martijn

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2004, 11:41:07 am »
I'm hoping to get a nice routine for my performance at the Dutch juggling Championship next year in february (Diabolo freestyle). Ooh, I'm so excited! :D website: www.jongleren.info
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

Arjan

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2004, 12:50:04 pm »
My bigger aims for this year we`re practicly learn a lot of 2 diabolo stuff, and also learning 3 low and high. A little that last one worked out. Now I`m gonna focus on the dutch comp thing, to get a smooth routine.
And sure still work on 3 for the next year.

Happy newyear!

nezzybaby

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2004, 07:00:45 pm »
two years ago i got my first diabolo, and juggling challenges were very simple, learn my 3 ball mills mess, accelerating a diabolo etc.

Last year my goal was three diabolos, and 5 balls after achieving a little more than intended in my first years juggling.

This year the juggling has got a lot better, and i'm hoping to get a 9 ball flash before the new year (caught 7 balls and the other two bounced out my hands d'oh). My diabolo challenge is however still 3 diabolos, its been a frustrating year as far as that is concerned.

Also want to come up with a complete one hand diabolo set; worked out a few floor starts that go straight into infinite suicides, trying to work out ways of catching both sticks in the same hand in a neat way, and throwing and whipping with one hand in different ways.

need to learn 4,5  clubs.. two devil sticks.. 5 ball mills mess.. 7 beat weave with poi.. anything where i dont hit myself with a staff.. shoulder rolls with a contact ball.. more consistent moves with a nun chuck.. anything on a unicycle.. and probably far more!

diabolos were my first love though, and 3 diabolos will mean more to me than anything else!

hope everyone had a great christmas, santa bought me a set of 6 jugglign boobs, but no finesse diabolos :(

happy new year

seán_

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2004, 10:22:55 pm »
Not a lot of time really for anything this year, in fact there is nothing I really want to push for before the new year.

Looking back over the last year I'm really pleased with what I have picked up so far. Lots of thanks go to Matt_H for teaching me 2, Barnesy for the help there too. The Leeds jugglers and diaboloists especially MattF.
Sean for getting this forum of the ground and everyone who posts, this forum has helped me a lot and I'm sure will do next year. I hope to meet some of the diaboloists from here at conventions next year.

My plans for next year
3 low (would be nice :) )
The search for lost tricks with two and development of them.
Hopefully to come up with some original 2 d tricks.
Developing a style I like and hopefully do some more performing.
Doing a bit more toss juggling which I have let slip last year.

Happy New Year everone

wes

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2004, 09:24:29 am »
Punkerpanda, I hope you will do the best performance at audition. :wink:
I think it is difficult to show our performance very smoothly, but if we work on for a long time, we'll surely get the complete routine.

diabololi, siteswap of diabolo is really interesting, both high and low patterns!

Martijn and Arjan, oh, will you participate the Dutch juggling Championship, won't you? Great! Good luck.

nezzybaby, didn't you come to master 7balls for 2 years!? Unbelievable! :shock:
I don't still keep 7balls so long (at the present, my best score is 25 catches..)  Yes, 3 diabolos are too difficult for us to master for a short time. Sean said about this hrer. http://www.diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=218

I agree with you that Sean offer the space for many diabolists to exchange their idea, thank you Sean!
Creating our own tricks are very interesting. I like it. But my tricks are usually very difficult to do once.. :(

diabololi

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2004, 10:12:35 am »
Low diabolo siteswaps? Never heard of them! Is that like orbitals and 1up sun?

Oli

Mattias

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2004, 10:28:45 am »
http://www.artofdiabolo.com/siteswap.php

that should answer all siteswap questions.
Need help? Try these before creating a new topic:
Search and
Trick and Video Archive

nezzybaby

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2004, 11:08:34 am »
OK master was a bit strong, i've probably never done more than 30 catches of 7 balls ;)

diabololi

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2004, 12:10:55 pm »
Thanks Malte, I understand it a bit better, but I couldn't find any examples of low diabolo siteswaps (apart from doubling and adding a 0- which isnt any different)

Thanks
Oli

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2004, 03:39:22 pm »
low siteswaps with 2 are suprisingly fun, i think i will generate a load of 2 ball siteswaps and learn them in 2d shuffle. Might keep me occupied.

Arjan

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2004, 03:54:36 pm »
Yes Wes, we both compete in the comp. thnx for you wishes!

Ceri-Anne

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2004, 04:19:01 pm »
I'm not really the kind of girl that has a lot of aims for the new year, this year however, I really wanted to learn 2 diabolo's. My 1 diabolo skills have improved a lot, and I can now juggle 2 diabolo's!  :D  (I'm not mentioning the fact I can't do any tricks, but you should see me next year!! :wink: )
I'll start 2005 just as I started 2004: I'll see what I can learn from other jugglers, but I'm not going to set specific goals.

Tahia

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2004, 08:22:56 am »
for 2004 i've my 3low it was my aim  ;) now my next aim is for the end of 2005 have my 2high and 3 high and of course a lot of 3 low ticks ;)

Tom_G

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2004, 05:41:32 pm »
2 high is my main aim for next year, also I need to nail down some good longish 1 diabolo combos to perform, I always forget some of the tricks I can do when I'm showing people stuff.

Maybe 3 diabolos as well, you never know!  :P
It takes 24 muscles to smile, 42 to frown, and only 4 to hit someone in the face. Luckily for you, I need the exercise.

pottergs18

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2005, 02:21:01 pm »
i am hoping to get better at 2 diabolo mainly running high and learning corrections

kragen

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2005, 03:56:42 pm »
All my goals are fairly short term at the moment, i want to get better with 2 diabolo, my corrections are still shocking, if I can be onto learning tricks like mini-colums and s-fans by the end of the year I will be happy :)

I'm going to have a go at doing some 2 high as soon as the weather clears up some more too.

As for one diabolo id really like to learn infinite suicides (still!) I havnt really had a chance to play around with suns much either and ive seen loads of cool sun tricks / tricks that link into suns really nicely. At the moment im working on variations of the tricks I already know and also looking at some cool ways to link them together into short combo's.
Justin
Gravity Vomit - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.

lemony

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2005, 05:28:57 pm »
I want to get my body tricks much smoother and start to get to grips with 2d properly
The diabolo wiki please contribute in any way you can.