Author Topic: Starting two diabolos on a loop  (Read 3793 times)

Tom Derrick

Starting two diabolos on a loop
« on: November 07, 2006, 07:22:03 pm »
I've just started creating a 'two diabolos in a loop: different starts' video. I've put up a section as a taster here: http://www.jugglethis.net/filemgmt/singlefile.php?lid=813
Would people want the format to be like this for the rest of the video? More camera angles? Slow motion?
Feedback appreciated.

one.man.band

Re: Starting two diabolos on a loop
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 07:35:25 pm »
Hmm, looks like a lot of fun, i've not attempted even one diabolo in a loop, but this tutorial seems very good anyway!
Not sure how many times my diabolos have been in the pond

fat_hampster

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 08:04:40 pm »
Hmmm. good tutorial format, explains it perfectly.

However with different tricks different ways may be easier to understand, this trick seems rather simple, (not neccesarily easy, but simple to do) whereas some tricks are more complex, so slow motion can be good, it just depends on the trick I think.  Same goes for angle(s) it depends on the trick, for that trick the angle was perfect imho.  In general though, I think your format is good.

Now to start learning 2 on a loop.

Thanks for the Tutorial btw, I've been wondering how to start for a while, I look forward to seeing all the different possible starts.

Martijn

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 09:48:31 pm »
Good tutorial Tom, I start that way too. Now show us the other stuff :D
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

Christopher

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2006, 09:33:24 am »
Dave Barnes also has information about starting 2d loop diaboloing.

www.2diabolo.net/

Tom Derrick

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2006, 11:43:48 am »
Cheers for the comments, guys. I'll make the rest of the video this week, so it'll be out soon.
Christopher, I'm aware of Barnesy's page, but I've got some starts that aren't on there. Plus, I think that a couple of his starts could do with a having a couple of tips attached to them, to help understand the technique a bit better.