Author Topic: Broken sticks  (Read 2230 times)

tommygrhcp

Broken sticks
« on: November 10, 2006, 01:29:37 pm »
i keep braking my sticks!!
I shatered both my carbon fibres when i was doing vertax.
I then got some moon energies and snapped one (doing a vertax genocide into a washing line pole).
I got this replaced and soon after snapped it again (just doing chinese snaps for speed).
I tried to get it replaced again but they advised me to get a new stype of stick so i got some extremes.
The other day i realised they were both bent!! after 1 or 2 months of use i bent my sticks!! I havent heard about this before as most people have trouble with the tips.
Whats going on??? I was thinking about goin to aluminiums, is this a good move??

Martijn

Re: Broken sticks
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 01:48:36 pm »
LOL, so let me get this straight, there are 4 types of sticks, each with their own pros and cons, and you have been trying the 3 types that are the weakest, and will break! Carbon sticks will split after some use, Energy sticks will break if you actually play diabolo with them, and Extreme sticks have a really bad design, so it's only a matter of time before they break.

In short, get Henry's alu, they don't break (maybe they'll bend a bit, but you'll hardly notice). They are, simply, the best.
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

matthewthegreat

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 03:08:13 pm »
I bent my xtreme sticks yesterday :'( I was going to get another pair of xtremes but now I think I will get Henry's aluminiums. Does the string come out the end of the henry's aluminiums?

seán_

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2006, 04:28:04 pm »
Allys bend, they also re straighten. henrys allys have the string coming out of the end (push string through a hole drilled in the side) you can tie the knot in such a way that the string revolves (a good thing) but you have to be a bit more carefull that you dont pull the knot through).
With the henrys allys be carefull to keep an eye out for knicks that shred string, a file knife of sandpaper will help here.

Mark BMC

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2006, 06:23:34 pm »
sounds like you super mega hardcore like me,

in that case you will banana your allys, I ain't had to much success bending them back but they are nice sticks.plus their nice and cheap, you can use your old bent ones to experiment with different string setups easily or just give em to mates that you get interested in diabolo.

My mate had a pair of energy's he snapped them clean in two doing a high throw with a harlequin

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2006, 10:04:41 pm »
Indeed, it does seem that you've managed to play with the most fragile diabolo sticks.  Perhaps it's a style issue you have which means you keep breaking them, especially with vertax genocides, because I imagine you're hitting things.  In which case, I suggest you make sure you have enough room before you try something like that.

The MB Xtreme G3s are quite good as they've managed to make them quite nicely now.  But definitely I think you should re-think your style if you keep bending them.  Be a bit more gentle!

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

tommygrhcp

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2006, 11:36:36 am »
ye im up for changin my style! haha

i have got sum MB extreme G3s atm and they r the ones i have bent but i bent them back and they are ok for the time being. i am s-fan-ing  atm so i hopefully wont break any more...  ;) If they do break beyond repair im gettin some allys, it seems like im avoidin the safest stick for me!