Author Topic: tutorial request: chinese snaps(yes im a noob :( )  (Read 3418 times)

The_New_diaboloist

tutorial request: chinese snaps(yes im a noob :( )
« on: December 02, 2006, 10:35:12 pm »
any help woudl be great, i just cant seem to do them :-\ i'm pretty new, about a month diaboloing (actually 2 weeks but..)

so anyways any help is great.

TND

thewu

Re: tutorial request: chinese snaps(yes im a noob :( )
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 01:02:14 am »
so like vertical power whips? at least thats what i call em.

if you can get your diabolo to be spinning sufficiently, you should notice that it bobs up and down each time you pull the stick. if you pull harder then it should jump up and down a bit more.

keeping this in mind, pull your right stick directly upwards (or left if you're lefty) and try to keep the other stick still. if you pull with the right amount of force the diabolo should rise up near the "top" of the string. Once it reaches the "top" use your dominant stick to pull it back down.

i hope this helps.  :)

Roland

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 04:47:51 am »
well, the upward "pull" isn't really important, except to get it higher, it's the downwards pull that matters.
I try to keep the diabolo near the right hand, because it works better for me that way, but I don't think it really matters...
pull lightly upward, let it stall, and when it's coming down start pulling down.
when it is about to reach the bottom, slow down your right hand, so it does not stop abruptly, which will cause tangles.
really, though, it takes practice and time to learn...
I don't think videos can explain cause it's a subtle thing...

fredo

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2006, 10:53:18 am »

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2006, 07:12:10 pm »
well, the upward "pull" isn't really important, except to get it higher, it's the downwards pull that matters.

I use both. In fact, when I really want to speed up the diabolo in the most efficient way, I do slow, strong whips. This works better with a Circus, I've found, since they are heavier.

Mainly though, this whole technique takes practice. I wanted to learn this when I saw Priam doing it, but it took me a long time to get the techique down. Just keep working on it and you'll get it....if you get it any time soon, consider yourself a good learner ;)