Author Topic: Diabolo(s) On A Loop  (Read 9153 times)

Martijn

Re: Diabolo(s) On A Loop
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2006, 01:40:58 pm »
Those string figures are awesome Nick! Especially the last one, from your avatar. Rock on!
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

Beni

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2006, 06:28:28 pm »
I've looked at the string figures Nick they are amazing. I'll attempt them, especially the last one :).

The yoyo video was sweet, especially the string figures and whips. I'll experiment a bit more on normal looping once I have my vertax sorted.

Oh and there's also a looping bit on Barnesy's site (not to be confused with www.2diabolos.net).

Shawn Fumo

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2006, 04:13:02 am »
Nick,

His full name is Yukihiro Suzuki. Yeah, he was a very gifted two-handed yo-yo player. I think he was on THP (Team High Performance) Japan, which was technically run by Bandai but promoted Yomega's yo-yos (among others). To this day, many two-handed players use modified Raiders from Yomega for their freestyles. I think Yukki's strength was his incredible control over pure looping tricks (as opposed to stuff like wraps that'd come later) and his charisma. I believe he joined a french circus school at some point. Not sure if he's still there or not..

This is one of his freestyles from 2002. The thing he does right before his yo-yos tangle (kurukuru reverse staircase... where he reverses the direction of his turn with his wrists going around each other) is something I think only a handful of people could do even today, especially with that level of control. It's like three-diabolo type level stuff.. :)
http://www.yoyoing.com/videos/play.php?vid=1719&w=528&h=426

Two more freestyles in this folder (the Yajin ones.. another of his nicknames..heh)
http://yoyoing.com/shawn/videofiles/misc/

Anyway, back on topic... I love that people are exploring loop diabolo more. There has to be a ton of possibilities out there! I need to get some gloves and break out my Beach or something. :)

Also, for that picture that you posted Nick, have you tried to do a figure 8 type motion with your hand so that the loop and diabolo circles on both sides of your arm? (For a larger diabolo, it'd probably easier to go on the opposite side of the body instead of just the arm) This shows what I mean:
http://www.mastermagic.net/TrickVideo/Expert/Frames/Revolutions.html

Shawn

Nick

• Donator
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2007, 11:01:03 am »
Hello Shawn.
Good to hear from you and thank you for the videos. 2A has never really been my favourite style, but he has certainly got some skills.
As for Revolutions, I did try it but without much success. I think that the greater weight of the diabolo makes it harder to keep going than the yo-yo version. It is probably still possible, so I shall try it some more.
Thanks,
Nick.
City landmark might be feet lower if rebuilt (6,5)

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2007, 10:39:49 am »
And the link is

Umm, anyone know the first excalibur trick (some kind of integral suicide)?

Martijn

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2007, 11:38:06 am »
It's by Nev, but it doesn't really fit in this topic, does it? :P
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl