Author Topic: The Best of Circusplanet 2006  (Read 15109 times)

Martijn

The Best of Circusplanet 2006
« on: January 01, 2007, 11:43:31 pm »
No long introduction this time, just have a look at the The Best of Circusplanet 2005 video topic for more info about us. This one is similar, and (hopefully) even better :) Enjoy, and let us know what you think!

Happy new year!

Direct download
http://circusplanet.net/video/circusplanet2006.avi (107 MB)

Streaming
http://www.juggling.tv/vaults/flvideo/307.flv
http://juggling.tv/vaults/view_video.php?viewkey=7304975ccb23337bb576
http://juggletube.com/mediadetails.php?key=712c49d51a18a32b39f0
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

William

• VotW Contributor
Re: The Best of Circusplanet 2006
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2007, 11:51:31 pm »
I think that video was way up there with all the other videos.. Like Feel Good Inc. and Imperfect Cirquel

Awesome stuff. Great editing. Thought the music was a bit off.. Thanks Martijn, good to see a video from you again.

First comment :)
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

OLOBAID

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 12:57:08 am »
Speechless! Beyond words!
Ok, i try:
Crazy locations, supersweet cameraangles, super juggling in all its kinds, unique ideas, a huge load of fun!
Nah, i'll try again:
ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS 8) !

honestly one of the most entertaining clips i ever saw! at first i was shouting on the big filesize but i was too curios to wait for the streaming version, therefor its in gorgeous quality.

You are becoming better and better, dont want to think about you in my age ;)

--- watch Videos on YouTube, visit my Website or mail to hiwatt@gmx.at ---

Christopher

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 01:39:35 am »
nice vid Tijn, and i like the crazy balancing, ending up with a collapse.

Lucas

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 12:50:22 pm »
Nice vid tiijn, very, very nice!  ;D

Domi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2007, 03:20:12 pm »
Nice editing, good work keep it up!

Anneroos

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2007, 04:53:22 pm »
Great video!
Yay! for all those nice locations and cameraangles! :D
The tricks were cool too, very creative! 8)
And, as usual, the editing was great. :)

Indy

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2007, 07:36:22 pm »
Sweet vid ;D!!
Very cool tricks in there, beautifull locations and nice editing  8)(kinda like the collab vid).

It was nice to watch the premier at the Santelli festival last weekend :D!
epicness commits

Martijn

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2007, 08:10:18 pm »
Yeah, it was sweet to watch it on that big screen :D Glad you guys like it!

fredo

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2007, 10:33:20 pm »
WOW! Indeed a very good job!

@Tijn: The UFO grind stuff was ace! Just amazing! That's Martijn! The 6:03 sequence is quite cool as well. Just to add some criticism: You need to work a bit on your continuous alternating c-fan/async suns (don't know how it's called actually). It looked a bit violent. But, oh well, I shouldn't be so picky. A great vid anyway. (Wish I could do that, it's one of my favourite tricks!) And cool 4b stuff (6:52)! Juggling with tent roofs is soo fun! Sunshades work quite well, too :D

@RoB: Wow! Great work there! Keep it up!

@Daan: Cool stuff there as well! Especially those fancy 3c sequences. Quite like your style. Let's do some combat next time we meet ;D Laughed so much about the chair thingy!

Tim has great 3b stuff, as always. Tim rules ;)

Balance towers were awsome! How can you just think of all this stuff?

Editing was how I expected. Nothing to say. Oh: The fade of the circusplanet logo at the beginning was way too pixely (I know this isn't proper english, tell me the word please ;D)

The Vitamin Guy

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2007, 10:48:36 pm »
Very nice video, editing was great! Very fun to watch!
The Vitamin Guy

Matt D

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2007, 10:49:42 pm »
Cool Stuff. Are there any good devil stick sites out there? I don't know how to do them but I would like to learn.
-Matt

Martijn

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2007, 12:12:35 am »
Just to add some criticism: You need to work a bit on your continuous alternating c-fan/async suns (don't know how it's called actually). It looked a bit violent.

Oh: The fade of the circusplanet logo at the beginning was way too pixely (I know this isn't proper english, tell me the word please ;D)

Yeah I know, they suck. They look quite nice if you know how much time I've put in them though :P Norbi told me he liked the way I reach over to make the 3rd revolution. I thought it was ugly. I only do the trick for this combo, and can't hold it very long...

The logo was not very sharp indeed... I think that's because of the XviD compression. I really hope the overall quality was nice, because it toke like 15 hours at RoB's computer :P My pc would do that in an hour or so.

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2007, 04:20:57 am »
SWEET CIGAR BOX TRICK!!!!

:P

No really, good video...gives me some inspiration about the SCJ video that I'm working on these days. Editing was super smooth, lots of effects and whatnot. It's pretty interesting for me to watch your videos, because I always think to myself, "alright, I'm gonna throw in some effects" and I end up putting, well, nothing in there except the subtle ones that only I'd notice (like contrast/brightness or filters).

Lovin' your 2D work in there too...interesting stuff!

RoB

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2007, 02:18:32 pm »
Thanks for the nice responses. It was fun to be part of this again. Tijn (and Pieter) did a great job with the editing.

SWEET CIGAR BOX TRICK!!!!

Lol, but i'm not ready to do 7 yet.  :P

I just started to practise with cigar boxes recently, so i hope to have better tricks next time.

@ Fredo: thanks, i will keep it up (or at least try). Janklaas (JK) is the one who makes up the crazy balance towers.

@ Matt D: try www.devilstick.de, www.devilstick.org or www.circusplanet.net/devilstick (it's dutch, but i included a lot of links to other sites, click Menu, then Links)

_Matz_

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2007, 04:23:54 pm »
Martijn, what was that  trick where you make somekind of knotplaying, and it was kind of 1d end?
|)><(|   hope you understand my english

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2007, 05:18:13 pm »
That video was brilliant. The 2D fan arm combo was very nice. The other prop work was really good aswell, I particularly enjoyed watching the devilstick work.

BTW Wasn't the third song (Ballroom Blitz) by 'The Sweet' not 'The Misfits'?

Behind your back is your front.

Martijn

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2007, 05:56:14 pm »
Editing was super smooth, lots of effects and whatnot. It's pretty interesting for me to watch your videos, because I always think to myself, "alright, I'm gonna throw in some effects" and I end up putting, well, nothing in there except the subtle ones that only I'd notice (like contrast/brightness or filters).

What effects? I didn't put any special filter or effect in as far as I know. And I wouldn't call a contrast/brightness correction (which I always use, on every clip) an effect ;)

BTW Wasn't the third song (Ballroom Blitz) by 'The Sweet' not 'The Misfits'?

Yes, that is correct, but I believe this version is a cover by The Misfits. The quality of the cover is much better than the original by The Sweet.

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2007, 06:26:42 pm »
Ok, just wondered. I does sound exactly the same.
Behind your back is your front.

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2007, 07:46:54 pm »
What effects? I didn't put any special filter or effect in as far as I know. And I wouldn't call a contrast/brightness correction (which I always use, on every clip) an effect ;)

Well I didn't mean the entire video was laden with effects. But there's that intro where it blurs and goes to the "test" screen and the Circusplanet logo, which are two special things right off the bat, which is more than I've ever put into any of my videos, actually.