Author Topic: 2 Diabolo Help  (Read 2073 times)

Drumbody

2 Diabolo Help
« on: January 04, 2007, 06:38:59 pm »
Yeah i've got 2 circus' one purple and one white and i've switched over the cups because it looks coool. But when I do 2 diabolo's, the turn alot like to the right. I'm doing all the 2 diabolo moving with my right hand and the slightest flick with my left but i always find they turn to the right. Am i doing something wrong with the technique? Or even could it be something to do with the diabolo?

If it helps i'm using henry's white blue fleck string and white carbon fibres.

Thanks
All we need is The Funk.

barnesy

• Administrator
Re: 2 Diabolo Help
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 06:55:43 pm »
Forget two for the moment - the best test is to just try each of them alone to see if they run straight.    It's possible that the different colour cups weigh different amounts - I have 7 Circusses of varying ages and the cups are a whole range of weights.  Each pair of cups as sold is fine though.

It's no big loss though - the two colour thing is so passé!  :P  (IMHO, etc).

Stephanie :)

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 06:35:02 pm »
I've got a different question but still two diabolos. I don't know if anybody has any yo-ho superspins but as a beginner to the two diabolo thing I am having a lot of trouble getting them to spin straight because they seem to orbit so fast. Is it just that type of diabolo or is there anyway to make them orbit slower so I have more time?
If I could have "created" fire, I would have made it hot pink!:)

The Vitamin Guy

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 06:57:04 pm »
Is it just that type of diabolo or is there anyway to make them orbit slower so I have more time?

Don't get so much speed?
I don't know if anybody has any yo-ho superspins but as a beginner to the two diabolo thing I am having a lot of trouble getting them to spin straight because they seem to orbit so fast.

I believe that it's just the fact that you're a beginner. It will come in time. Here's some help for you: http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=2156.0
The Vitamin Guy

Drumbody

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2007, 12:28:27 am »
Yeah thanks with the advice. I've swapped the cups back over but i now find that they tilt forwartds all the time. And i think it's my technique because it doesn't do it with just one diabolo. I do all the motion with mostly just my right. Both hands sticks are at 45 degrees inwards towards the diabolo.
If you could come with ideas why it's always tilting forwards, and how i can counter it that woudl be great.

Also when i try to do wrap acceleration after shuffling it's always really awkward and the left diabolo bounces around and is sometimes hard to control. When i watch videos the movement is really smooth so and advice would be cool.

Thanks.
All we need is The Funk.

seán_

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2007, 12:56:44 am »
tiltings answered in the link The Vitamin Guy kindly researched and posted for you Drumbody, basically ask yourself what makes 1d tilt and see if you can consider how to stop that with 2.
A thing to remember is that when 2 is running you should only feel the axles, not the hubs or cups.
As for the wraps, you think you are smoothe, but you arent yet, give it time and be subtle and supple with your hands.

Stephanie, whilst superspins wouldnt be my choice for learning two i dont think thats whats causing your problem.
Basically there are 2 kinds of shufles, Synch that tends to be fast tight and small and Asynch, bigger wider and slower.
Synch you either have both hands moving at once or more usually one hand driving (usually the dominant hand).

Asynch tends to be awkward for beginners because the diabolo travels further and its more likely you will either miss the string or have the string hit the diabolo which will force it out of kilter.
synch shuffle have less distance to travel and because you pretty much are only using one hand you are less likely to miss the diabolo. you might find that the driving you do will press against a cup causing a tilt like Drumbody.
to slow your shuffle you want to head towards Asynch, to do this you need to add a bit of lift from your non dominant hand, have a play with simple 1d leg orbits to see how you can affect the flight path.

If both of you post vids (youtube say, 2 views) it might be easier to see whats happening.

Drumbody

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2007, 02:43:45 pm »
thanks for the advice. I tried altering where my sticks are and it works sometimes. But even still it sometimes tilts forward even when i can feel the string touching the back cup. I could probably post a video if it helps more.
All we need is The Funk.