Author Topic: Workshops at Chocfest  (Read 5877 times)

Luke Burrage

• VotW Contributor
Workshops at Chocfest
« on: January 07, 2005, 01:23:24 pm »
It seems to me, from reading this forum, that chocfest is going to over run with diabolists. I don't mind, I'll stay out of your way!

I have nothing to do with organising chocfest (except I think that I designed the webpage) but how about those who are going request some diabolo themed workshops? Then those who are capable can offer to run them.

Go on, you know you want to.
Luke

diabololi

Workshops at Chocfest
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2005, 02:13:18 pm »
I don't think I'm advanced enough to do a workshop, but I'll be happy to teach anyonewhat I know.
I've never been to a big convention in my life, or a workshop so I can'y wait!
Oli

seán_

Workshops at Chocfest
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2005, 03:00:19 pm »
Well it should be better attended than the one Matt Harper and me ran (tried to) in Durham :).

At the very least a trick swap session should be on offer.
If there's enough of us It would be nice even to have a few workshops throuhgout the day.  

Any body got any ideas on what's wanted. I suppose theres little chance of anybody running one on 3low? If the weathers up to it I wouldn't mind seeing some 2d high and passing, I'm pretty weak there.

If I can be of some help somewhere I will be pleased to offer it.

Seán

Luke is the school the same one that chocfest 9 (not 9.5) was held in?

barnesy

• Administrator
Workshops at Chocfest
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2005, 03:11:13 pm »
I'm happy to help in Seán_'s workshop.  :P

Diabolo workshops never seem to have much structure when I try to run them.  That's mostly because of the wide range of ability levels, but means a trick swap type thing may work best.  Or just talking to people through the day will work even better.  

I don't think I'll be running any 3 low workshops soon!  

And no, it's not the same school as C9 - it's about as far north of the city centre as the last one was south.  It sounds good from what I've heard of it.

Dave P

• VotW Contributor
Workshops at Chocfest
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2005, 04:24:23 pm »
Quote from: seán_

If there's enough of us It would be nice even to have a few workshops throuhgout the day.....Any body got any ideas on what's wanted..

I'd be happy to share what I know, maybe an old school forgotten tricks workshop or perhaps we could do mini workshop/trickswops on the different families of tricks?
I suppose theres little chance of anybody running one on 3low?.

If my three should miraculously start to work in the next two weeks (doubtful :roll: ) I'll see what I can do. Otherwise if anyone else wants to step up, I'll be at the front listening carefully. :oops:

diabololi

Workshops at Chocfest
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2005, 04:50:44 pm »
I really want a fan workshop. I don't think I'm ever gonna get it on my own, I can get it maybe 1 in 10 but it feels very unnatural. Maybe someone could show us the difference between C and S fans, stuff like that.
OLi

seán_

Workshops at Chocfest
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2005, 04:59:32 pm »
Quote from: Dave P

If there's enough of us It would be nice even to have a few workshops throuhgout the day.....Any body got any ideas on what's wanted..

I'd be happy to share what I know, maybe an old school forgotten tricks workshop or perhaps we could do mini workshop/trickswops on the different families of tricks?

I would love to attend a workshop on old school forgotten tricks. Guy Heathcote ran through a lot  of tricks in Bristol for me and I was very impressed. They are worth learning in their own right but also for developing new trick and directions. The trick swap must definately be on the cards, I hope there's room for other forms of juggling at Chocfest :)

Quote from: Dave P
I suppose theres little chance of anybody running one on 3low?.

If my three should miraculously start to work in the next two weeks (doubtful :roll: ) I'll see what I can do. Otherwise if anyone else wants to step up, I'll be at the front listening carefully. :oops:

Well if your taller than me you'll be in the second row. Barnesy, Matt Harper and me are all working on three low so I hope to be picking up some pointers there as well.

Luke Burrage

• VotW Contributor
Chocfest workshops
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2005, 02:49:45 pm »
Donald Grant has confirmed he will be coming to Chocfet too. Not only is he going to be in the show, but he's also well up for running a workshop or two.

For those who don't know, Donald Grant is, in British juggling terminology, a bit good.
Luke

Dax

Workshops at Chocfest
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2005, 03:12:01 pm »
when and where is chocfest? i would be well up for going

barnesy

• Administrator
Workshops at Chocfest
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2005, 03:15:48 pm »
The website is here: http://www.chocfest.net/ - not that it gives a huge amount of detail.  There's some talk about it in the other thread with chocfest in the title.

It's also well worth checking http://www.jugglingdb.com/events/ to see what other events are coming up - the first UK convention season of the year is just about to kick off!

Matt_H

chocfest
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2005, 04:43:35 pm »
Wow looks like theres going to be some old faces of the past at chocfest then, can't wait !!!!

Dr Matt_H.

norbi

• VotW Contributor
Re: Chocfest workshops
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2005, 06:11:26 pm »
Quote from: Luke Burrage
For those who don't know, Donald Grant is, in British juggling terminology, a bit good.

I'd hope that everyone knows of him, atleast from the books.

I still havnt met him, and there's no chance of getting up to York, oh well, maybe another time.

Llama_Bill

Workshops at Chocfest
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2005, 01:55:18 pm »
I was going to come down with my Dad but now he has to drive my brother to a basketball match, so now I'm hoping someone is driving to York on the 22nd via Ellesmere Port. :roll:
Bill.

el_grimley

Workshops at Chocfest
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2005, 12:09:49 am »
Is there anything on after or does it fiish at 10 and thats it?

Graham
Its got to be going home time. At least going to the pub time.