Author Topic: Light Kits for White Finesse G2  (Read 6531 times)

Alex!

• VotW Contributor
Light Kits for White Finesse G2
« on: December 23, 2006, 06:13:23 pm »
Firetoys claims that a light kit for a white Finesse G2 diabolo will not illuminate the whole diabolo because it is opaque. Does anyone have any pictures or videos they can post below to show me how they look different from normal light kits and if they look any good. thx.
STOP! HAMMER 'TIJN

The Vitamin Guy

Re: Light Kits for White Finesse G2
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2006, 07:34:57 pm »
No light kit illuminates the whole diabolo... or am I just getting you wrong?
The Vitamin Guy

OLOBAID

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2006, 07:47:34 pm »
i recommend a moon diabolo, no matter if circus or finesse, if you want to use lightkits! moon always looks best no matter of lightkit color!

well, the whole diab gets lighted but not equaly bright everywhere on the cups, where the leds are placed the cups are brightest...

all finesse except of dark blue and white are a little transparent so light goes through, but as i said moon looks best and is the brightest, but there are some clear diabs too i guess, some yohos are!

you can see some moons with lightkits here:

--- watch Videos on YouTube, visit my Website or mail to hiwatt@gmx.at ---

diplodicai

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2006, 07:52:44 pm »
The coloured diabolos allow more light through the cup, so that red lights in a red d give the impression that the whole cup is lit. The white cups are much less translucent so are not quite as visible. Still liook pretty good though
Dude, not on the rug.

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2006, 08:47:12 am »
No light kit illuminates the whole diabolo... or am I just getting you wrong?

All the Finesses except blue and white are translucent; when you turn on the light kits, it shines through the cups, illuminating the cups.

The white cups are much less translucent so are not quite as visible.

Much, much less translucent, in fact they are opaque :P I remember trying it on my white G2 and it looks perfectly fine to the audience but it is extremely dim from the user's perspective.

fredo

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2006, 12:04:00 pm »
All the Finesses except blue and white are translucent; when you turn on the light kits, it shines through the cups, illuminating the cups.
Actually a blue lightkit shines quite well through a blue finesse. (We all know that, just wanted to point that out for new members)

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2006, 09:02:31 pm »
But compared to, say, a green or red one.....not so well, eh?

fredo

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2006, 09:34:09 pm »
But compared to, say, a green or red one.....not so well, eh?
right. I'd only use a blue light kit in a blue diab, others don't shine through that well. But blue works with any other other finesse colour (except of white, of course). Moon is the most see-through, though...

puUL

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2006, 06:02:35 pm »
i have 2 red G2's and 3 white G2's

i use my red kits in the red diabolos and they are totally illuminated.
when i use them in my whites the lights seems to shine harder to the front, but the diabolo itself doesn't illuminate. So for audience it could be better with the white ones, but it's damn difficult to see it yourself.

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2006, 12:06:05 am »
I use them in my whites the lights seems to shine harder to the front, but the diabolo itself doesn't illuminate. So for audience it could be better with the white ones, but it's damn difficult to see it yourself.

Wouldn't that be great for a night performance?  ::)
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2006, 04:06:59 am »
Only problem is, it's a bit hard for the performer himself to see the props.

diplodicai

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2006, 07:37:35 pm »
Blue is far and and away the brightest light kit. The major problem with it is doing around the arm is blinding if you're not careful. Got some rainbow kits in an Orange and a Red Finesse, and they give a really trippy disco effect. Was trying to practice two O/s Liverpool St Station and every one was transfixed by em. Certainly not my half arsed attempts at 2D :-\
Dude, not on the rug.

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2007, 01:57:57 am »
Only problem is, it's a bit hard for the performer himself to see the props.

Thats was a joke there Matt_ ;) Notice the smiley?
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

OLOBAID

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2007, 03:16:05 pm »
but it was not very good :P

i know somebody who drilled some tiny little holes into his circus diabs to get them more visible for himself! i would not recommend this, but he really got some bad expierience with highthrows in the dark! one time he managed to throw a nessbit as high as he could and the fire went out at the peak of its flight! fortunately it was only a partially hit! sounds funny but no doubt this can be deadly!

take care!

--- watch Videos on YouTube, visit my Website or mail to hiwatt@gmx.at ---

puUL

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2007, 10:29:32 pm »
one time he managed to throw a nessbit as high as he could and the fire went out at the peak of its flight! fortunately it was only a partially hit! sounds funny but no doubt this can be deadly!

hardcore! :)

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2007, 03:15:00 am »
Thats was a joke there Matt_ ;) Notice the smiley?

I was responding to the last sentence in puUL's post...I should've quoted.

Mookster

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2007, 06:43:29 pm »
Yeah, blue and white arent the most see-though, i've got a yellow and orange finesse with red and yellow light kits, they look wicked. Also i had a blue light kit which oretty much looks great with anything ( esspecially yellow, it turns it green)

"Dont't sweat the technique!"