Author Topic: Handsticks - Pros and Cons  (Read 31056 times)

Shaun

• Donator
Re: Handsticks - Pros and Cons
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2007, 06:27:38 am »
i recommend aluminium handles with a wooden core. im always smashing them on the ground while practicing genocides, still perfectly straight. they dont snap (just bend, but the wood stops that) and their cheap. the softer metals dint more easily though. i havent even played with carbon sticks yet.hehe

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2007, 08:49:04 pm »
If you're worried about breaking your sticks then go with Alu's. Also has anyone managed to break Mr Babache's latest and greatest which they dubbed unbreakable?
Behind your back is your front.

Shaun

• Donator
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2007, 04:18:36 am »
well, it seems wood does bend lol. i bent my handle yesterday doing genocides, bent back fine.

Also has anyone managed to break Mr Babache's latest and greatest which they dubbed unbreakable?
sounds like a challenge!

fredo

« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2007, 10:22:38 am »

Also has anyone managed to break Mr Babache's latest and greatest which they dubbed unbreakable?
I'd say it almost isn't possible, but they're still easy to bend - and difficult to bend back....

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2007, 06:45:31 pm »
i use carbon 35cm sticks and orange henry string. Is it normal that the string snaps about every 1,5 week(s). I called the shop and they said it's completly normal, but i doub it....
''I have been practising some basic 2d suicide stuff to widen my arse''

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2007, 11:58:47 pm »
Sounds okay to me? Fibreglass suck for string- you might as well you razorblades for sticks.. actually no since the suicide tricks may end up looking like you are suicidal
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2007, 11:14:26 am »
The string snaps because the metal covered tips of the Henrys sticks get nicked up and scarred and start to wear the string till it snaps.  This is normally prevented by not dropping your sticks much or coating the tips to keep them smooth or sand them down to a mirror finish and keep them good.

Alternatively, if you switch  handsticks when it starts fraying, you'll get a bit more life out them.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

k2pek2

« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2007, 08:32:04 pm »
quite actually, the fiberglass sticks only eat your string the first few weeks of having them, eventually they smooth out and the thing you have to worry about is the knot coming undone at the end or having it slip through the washer (which sucks a lot). I like 'em compared to the wood ones i have and the metal ones my friend has
-John

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2007, 08:05:46 am »
Wasn't talking about Henry's. Yohos..
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

k2pek2

« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2007, 02:09:40 am »
I don't even have those, I have some kind that I don't even know who makes them.
-John

Hodges

« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2007, 04:49:05 pm »
I find with my alu sticks that the detachable bit at the end and the plastic bit that it screws onto breaks really easily. i know you can get replacements, but im planning on not wasting money and going for the carbon fibers.:P
Where's the bloody Summer?!?!?

Matt?

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2007, 05:10:37 pm »
Just a lil bit of a bump, i need some new sticks and on the firetoys website it says that the new MB Xtreme G3's are:

weight per stick: 41g

But then when i look at the Henrys carbons (short) it says:

weight: 62g

does this mean that the new MB allus are lighter than carbons? or is the carbon weight for the whole unit?
i go for walk now? it easy to find papers! look, i got this bag of filters!

Rick

« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2007, 10:52:23 pm »
I find with my alu sticks that the detachable bit at the end and the plastic bit that it screws onto breaks really easily. i know you can get replacements, but im planning on not wasting money and going for the carbon fibers.:P

I was browsing through firetoys and it says they have got new alu MB sticks in that are improved and with tighter and more secure end caps so just to let you know if u haven't bought the carbon fibres yet...

Also I've got henry's short carbons and they're fabulous darling but i've been doing a lot of vertax recently the caps on the end make the string wear like mad.. I don't know whether this is the same for all the other 'string-through-stick' sticks!

seán_

« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2007, 02:30:20 am »
RIck, pretty much every shop will carry the improved  MB sticks (G3) as they have been on the market for about a year

Shaun

• Donator
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2007, 07:24:01 am »
what are the tips made of on MB g3 extremes? ive already put some dints in the end which is slowly cutting my string. my guess is steel?
has anyone tried to fix this problem?

The Vitamin Guy

« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2007, 12:57:59 pm »
You can polish them with some sandpaper... you get my drift? Not too sure with the right word.
There was a topic about this but I get a 404 error when trying to open it.
The Vitamin Guy

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2007, 03:54:35 pm »
Very fine sandpaper is probably your most accessible and easiest bet. I've used a polishing wheel and modified dremmel tool to great effect too, but fine sandpaper will do the job just fine.

@ vitamin guy - you'll get a 404 error if you're clicking a written link from the old phpBB in someone's post... you can modify the link a bit and it will work - take a look at the structure of the SMF links.

The Vitamin Guy

« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2007, 06:49:54 pm »
Oh yeah! Thanks a lot!
The Vitamin Guy

pus

« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2007, 11:11:26 pm »
Henrys short carbon! done deal.
pros? yeah
cons? not really

I have no idea how you guys manage to actually break them.. they're solid as hell, perfect flex, great material and just plain awesome!

-Pus
ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2007, 06:55:09 am »
i use sandpaper all the time. (i never diabolo on grass or something, always on ''rough'' surfaces)
''I have been practising some basic 2d suicide stuff to widen my arse''