Author Topic: Convention in Ieper (Ypres) + video's  (Read 17933 times)

Martijn

Convention in Ieper (Ypres) + video's
« on: January 11, 2005, 03:21:58 pm »
Hey,

12 and 13 february 2005, there is a jugglingconvention in Ieper (Ypres), Belgium. The Mad French Posse, Norbi, Niels Duinker (NL) and Stefan Paridaen (B) are going there to!

Are there people on this forum which go to the convention? I go, Arjan goes. Others?

download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2005, 06:13:29 pm »
is that the whole line-up for the show?

diabolumberto

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2005, 09:22:26 am »
Maybe me... :D
Trick of the week : http://diabolumberto.free.fr

Arjan

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2005, 05:29:56 pm »
Quote from: diabolumberto
Maybe me... :D

You go? Not on podium are you?

Arjan

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2005, 09:26:28 am »
Sow, who else on the forum goes???

I would like to know from JiBe who will come from TMFP?

JiBe

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2005, 10:35:00 am »
Eric, Antonin, Priam, Trash, Baptiste, Vux and me are coming.

Martijn

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2005, 02:12:07 pm »
Great! I'm looking forward to it!!! :D (Maybe TMFP would like to sign my Diabology DVD, which I'm going to buy there?)

Ceri-Anne

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2005, 05:31:13 pm »
I'm going to Ypres too.. and my Diabology DVD is on its way, my father told me this morning as a present for my 17th birthday, so maybe, if you're already signing Tijn's DVD, you could sign mine aswell?Pleeeaaassee? :D

Martijn

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2005, 05:39:05 pm »
Congratulations Ceri-Anne! :D That's a great birthday gift :wink:

Martijn

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2005, 05:48:27 pm »
And (maybe a little off-topic): What's the price of Diabology, JiBe?

JiBe

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2005, 06:01:43 pm »
The DVD official price is 20 euros. Some shops may sell it at 25 (some even more but I would advise not buying at more than 25).
Add shipping costs when needed.

JiBe

trash

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2005, 09:55:57 am »
Can we have the adress of the convention please?
(In French or in English).

Martijn

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2005, 10:02:34 am »
The convention doesn't have a adress. Go to "Grote Markt Albert II" and you'll see a building with  tower and a clock.
I hope you can find it. See you 2morrow :wink:

For more info you can e-mail Daan Yperman: daan@circusplanet.net.nospam

zzzzzzzzzzzz

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2005, 10:05:02 am »
mmm cant find the adress in english or french :S It's ony in duch on the site.

Maybe Martijn has a translation of the adress...

Unfortunately i'm not going to ieper :(

I've got some other appointments that weekend :(

trash

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2005, 10:11:25 am »
thanks, we'll try to find. I hope we'll find a place to park the car...

Arjan

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2005, 10:54:37 pm »
Guy`s, the convention was great! Thnx to everyone who was there!

seán_

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2005, 11:02:20 pm »
your not getting away with that Arjan, lets have some more details :)

Arjan

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2005, 11:07:48 pm »
I learned a lot!

Martijn

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2005, 06:54:53 am »
It was fantastic! :D Learned a lot, just like Arjan :P I filmed some stuff... I let you guys know the details later :wink:

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2005, 08:00:04 pm »
Was a great weekend, come crazy diabolo happening, learned some nice new stuff and came up with an idea for the best 2 diabolo trick ever with Arjan, give me a few months and i might have done it.

It was really great to meet you guys, was real strange to walk around the corner into Janklaas's (is that right?) garden and see Ceri-Anne (Serry-On) , Arjan (Are-yon) and Martijn (Mar-tain) (as well as a couple of non-diabolo names) all chilling out and playing diabolo. Really cool, so i watched for a bit, then we all went and had some dinner (and Arjan translated anything interesting that anyone said, becuase they all spoke in Belgian all the time [unless i requested english, but it only ever lasted a couple of minutes])

Then early morning the next morning (after only 6hrs sleep) and the convention started...

Arjan

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2005, 10:53:28 pm »
Shall I take it form here?

This could be a nice review from different people`s point of view. Martijn, you`ll take the last day?

Well anyway.. I woke up around 7, and had a very nice shower at Jan`s place, after everyone had a shower we had dinner. That was all really nice, friendly folks! Thumbs up! So we went to the Lakenhallen around 8:30 I guess. Maybe later. We (Ceri-Anne, Martijn, Norbi and others including me) had the whole place for ourselves, but that didn`t take long.
I got very busy. Me and Norbi were like showing some idea`s to each other. I have this trick up next week for the video of the week, Norbi now almost runs it consistent I think (very good job) and has also a hader version. But I`m also working on one Norbi ;) Anyway, people started arriving. Diabolumberto was the first 3 diabolo shuffle on the scene, I didn`t reconize him at first, but after a few words I did. The diabolo level was very high, and then even higher when MFP arrived.
I really liked talking to all these guy`s there!!

So... Antonin and Eric gave their 1 diabolo theoratical workshop, wich is also talked about here on the forum by Sean. It`s the best workshop at the moment on diabolo basicly. Really really kewl. They asked Diabolumberto to show a small combo, but he didn`t like, so I stepped up.
It was fun.

After the workshop I just juggled my ass off :) Then there was this passing workshop from Baptiste, JiBe and Priam. That was really good. Me and Norbi tryed, and the basic pattern worked. I kept messing up some other pattern, but it was kewl. Norbi had the idea to run a 531 I believe, but I gave up because I worried about getting a high diabolo on my head.

Then there was juggling all day long. Saw some amazing stuff. A lot people doing 3 low or high. Even 1 or 2 girls!!! They were along with the belgain guy`s: Dai and Martin, and the smal guy I don`t know his name. Niels Coopmans, the small guy and his dad were also there, and Niels started to amaze me and others.

So around 5 I guess there was the stage, really nice!
MFP had to improvise, was told, but it looked very good. Just the usual things. First it was up to Antonin and Eric, their part was really amazing, that is my opinion, because I really like 1 diabolo moves. I even got to learn some from Antonin when I asked. I`m really happy with that stuff.

After the show we grapped dinner. We is a very big group of people, most all Dutch or Belgain jugglers. JiBe, Baptiste, Eric and Antonin joined.
We had some fries, and me and MFP had some talks about some stuff.

After that the we went to have some beer. JiBe wanted like some origional Belgain beer :) We arrived in a nice place.
Norbi don`t drink alcohol, so he was pulling ball tricks all the time.
It was kewl, and we left a hour after arriving to Daan Ieperman`s place.
There we (10 people left, Norbi, Ceri-Anne, Daan, Niels Duinker and others including me) drunk till like 1:00 or 1:30. It was real fun. I was still trying to translate to Norbi, but it didn`t really work. I sucked he can`t speak dutch, and other can speak english for longer then 2 minutes. It was annoying, but we made it through. LOL Daan Ieperman was getting like really drunk and started talking english to dutch or Belgian people, and Dutch to Norbi I guess... Daan was not making friends  :roll:
But we had great laughs.
Then I went to sleep.

So Martijn, tell us about the next Day!

Martijn

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2005, 03:06:04 pm »
Okay, first some additional stuff about Friday and Saturday:

Friday: After a very long journey from Tiel to Breda to Ieper, we finally arrived at Janklaas’s place. Within 15 minutes or so, we started to diabolo outside with a few jugglers (Aran, Ceri-anne, Janklaas, RoB, Ferko, RuBen and me). Unfortunately it rained a bit and it was getting dark, so our string slowly became wet. A few minutes later Daan arrived with Norbi at Janklaas’s place. Arjan and I were showing of a bit (LOL). We all had dinner by Daan, and we stayed there till 0:30.

Saterday: Next morning we waked up, had a shower, eat some bread… We went to the Lakenhallen, juggled our asses of ( :P ) , followed 1d workshop by Antonin Eric, I passed with JiBe (the basic pattern with 3d). It was cool! I filmed some stuff: Niels Coopman (which amazed me again), TMFP, a few shows. We all had fun. I bought Diabology and got it signed by TMFP. That night we had some fries, most of the Belgium/Dutch people and MFP went into a café, had some drinks… But me, Tim, RoB, Janklaas and Ferko stayed at the place where we all ate because Tim ordered some more fries! That evening we walked to Janklaas’s place (while all other jugglers were in the café) and talked, had some drinks, ate crisps… Time to go to bed.

Sunday: We woke up around 8 o’clock, had breakfast (we were a bit late), and we packed the car and drove to the JOC (building faced to the Lakenhallen) and the moment I arrived there I saw Arjan, Norbi and Ceri-Anne, and other people, and started to diabolo right away :D  
Jako was there, Diabolumberto, Priam, Baptiste, JiBe, Eric, Antonin, Trash..
I also juggled with rings that day, flashed 5 :) Ferko got that on camera ( www.jongleer-fotos.net )
There was a DJ and he toke care for the music that day. A few hours, scars and tired muscles later: Trash and Baptiste gave a 3 diabolo low workshop. Great workshop! Although I can’t do a 2d shuffle in my left hand (only in my right hand) the workshop was very useful, Trash and Baptiste (just like Priam, JiBe, Antonin and Eric) are very kind.

Well… Don’t know what to say more. I was very tired, and yesterday I had a performance, it didn’t went very well…  :roll:

Ceri-Anne

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2005, 03:24:56 pm »
Yes, Ypres was great!  :D I had never seen so many very very very good diabolists at one single convention! It was really cool. Learned some new stuff and got very much motivation to practice more. I also enjoyed watching all the amazing things done by (amongst others of whom I don't know the names) TMFP, Arjan, Martijn, Norbi, Niels Coopman.. The show on the open stage was cool too. I didn't know that TMFP had to improvise their performance, nor did I care: it was wonderful (live even better then on the DVD, but I guess that's quite logical). Everyone was really kind, and we had great fun in the café (or pub, don't know how to call it) and at Daan's place.

JiBe

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2005, 04:32:20 pm »
Shortly because it's busy at work today.

It was cool to see some people of the forum, and we had a great time in Ieper. I've seen more 2 diabs genocides than in my whole life :-)

I'll just precise we did not really improvise the show. What I told Arjan was that Baptiste and me only saw each other the day before (and the time before that was Carvin). We created the routine by email, and changed a few things on Friday night in Paris.
Priam and Trash saw each other one WE in Paris a few weeks before.
Eric and Antonin I think see each other more often.

JiBe

Martijn

Arjan

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2005, 10:46:07 pm »
Quote from: Martijn
Pictures of me passing with JiBe :) :
www.circusplanet.net/martijnhalekor/jibe-tijn1.jpg
www.circusplanet.net/martijnhalekor/jibe-tijn2.jpg

Who take these pictures? Maybe that person has some more?

jw

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2005, 11:23:00 pm »
Hmm too bad i couldn't be there :( Ah well, I didnt have the money for it either :)
Tthat ain't nice for the fortune cookie I always charge you twice.
Delivery is free but not from me I always want a dolla fifty.

-noitbacarts-

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2005, 08:18:30 am »
I filmed a lot during this convention, in particular during this passing workshop of the MFP so I think i have some videos with people of this forum (i know i filmed arjan, norbi and martijn)

Arjan

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2005, 08:21:20 am »
Quote from: -noitbacarts-
I filmed a lot during this convention, in particular during this passing workshop of the MFP so I think i have some videos with people of this forum (i know i filmed arjan, norbi and martijn)

Kewl, would you like to share it? So if you were there, how come we didn`t talk? Who are you?

-noitbacarts-

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2005, 09:04:23 am »
We talked the last day in JOC, when i filmed the 2 diabolo genocide of Norbi, you asked me not to share it because it was the next trick of the week of diabolo.ca

zzzzzzzzzzzz

« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2005, 09:05:16 am »
Damn I wish I could have been there too :(

playing with an Canon eos10D is fun as well, but i'd rather be in Ypres...

When i read all your story's i get depressed a little ;)

And Martijn, on the second picture i see 5 red finesses (and one white)

How do you know which were yours?? :D

I'm curious to see the movies wich are made during this weekend...

Martijn

« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2005, 09:55:29 am »
Quote from: Arjan
Who take these pictures? Maybe that person has some more?

Niels' dad (Dirk Coopman) toke these pictures. He sent me 6. I'll upload the other 4 when I come home (I'm at school now :P )

Yeah, I would like to see videos of the convention! :D

Quote from: zzzzzzzz
And Martijn, on the second picture i see 5 red finesses (and one white)
How do you know which were yours??

Well, that was a bit difficult. There were many red and white finesses of the MFP (G1 and G2), and I had 2 red ones as well (G2). I had a wide axle, and it's a G2. And I know my diabolos :wink:

Martijn

« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2005, 12:59:39 pm »

Arjan

« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2005, 01:10:35 pm »
We talked the last day in JOC, when i filmed the 2 diabolo genocide of Norbi, you asked me not to share it because it was the next trick of the week of diabolo.ca

LOL I alread tought thas was you. Well I think the genocide trick with 2 diabs is almost know to every diaboloist before the video is online  :D
I don`t really care, Norbi runs it better anway. I hope to have a better 2 diab 2 genocide soon!

Martijn

« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2005, 03:21:25 pm »
Little Diabolo Niels made 2 vids of Ypres (mirror at my server):

http://66.49.236.16/niels_temp/montageieper.wmv (72 mb)

http://66.49.236.16/niels_temp/ieper_antonin.wmv (20 mb)

The reason I hosted these videos, is because www.juggling.be is not a very big server. If everyone on this forum downloads those 2 big videos, their server will be offline for the rest of the month! Circusplanet has a big server, so I thought: Let's mirror these great videos :)

busk

videos from the ieper convention
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2005, 08:06:55 pm »
is there anybody that could convert it in a mpeg format?   i have tried with mpeg encoder...but it doesn't work with wmv format :(  ....i tried with bink and smacker too..but it doesn' work too....

so...anybody could kindly  convert it and post the link? i will be very grateful :wink:

Sean

• Administrator
Re: videos from the ieper convention
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2005, 08:23:12 pm »
Quote from: busk
is there anybody that could convert it in a mpeg format?

I have an MPEG version of the Antonin video that I can upload.

If anyone else needs an MPEG copy send me a personal message.

kamikace

• VotW Contributor
juk!
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2005, 10:27:45 pm »
I´m thirsty because I was able to go to Ypres but I forgot that convention and... :(  I´m just a a stupid man
But I could see clearny now. I want to stay in next convention...eeer..of couerse, in one convention where don´t have to pay more than 60 euros :P . What´s the next? :wink:
Rooted diabolist.

busk

« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2005, 12:22:48 pm »
yeeah...  he has style that guy! thanks sean for the mpeg version of the antonin one  !

if you have time could you convert the edited video too?(we are studying the 4 conditional forms at school now  ) if you have time anyway...don't wanna hurry you...i'll be grateful!

-noitbacarts-

Ieper convention
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2005, 08:35:29 pm »
My video of the Ieper convention :

http://lejonglage.free.fr/download_videos.php?fichier=convention_ypres_2005.avi (left clic)

76 Mo for 14 min, sorry for the 56k.

seán_

« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2005, 09:48:43 pm »
Thats such a great video, thankyou for posting it, I'm off to watch it again :)

Arjan

« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2005, 10:01:29 pm »
Very nice montage, I have to watch that again. But we can all agree, Antonin is the overall subject in all the video`s I have seen about Ypres.
Yeah... it`s nice  :shock:

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2005, 03:02:44 am »
Antonin is amazing, either he practices non-stop, or he's just a diabolical genius ( :lol: ). inspired me to practice like all afternoon, my successes: lots and lots of successful speedups in 3 low (pretty much always 1, sometimes 2 per run). got my 3 high back after a winter of dangerously low practice levels, got 441, 42, and 531 all in one run, felt good after so long. 360 fan w/ 2. made up the start of a cool combo w/ one. got a sweet finger grind combo (like real cool). Antonin, you complete me as a diaboloist.

-Jacob
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

Sean

• Administrator
Re: Ieper convention
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2005, 03:43:05 am »
Fantastic! Thank you for sharing the video here!

I've already watched it many times. This one's a keeper.

76Mo, sorry for the 56k.

I'd be impressed by anyone with the courage to even consider downloading 76mb on a 56k modem. :)  (although this one might be worth it)

Sean

Martijn

« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2005, 07:28:32 am »
Great video! Awesome stuff in there of Eric, Antonin, Umberto, Jako, Dai, etc. Great to see all this back again :)

Thanks for sharing, the quality of the video is also very nice!

Paul

« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2005, 01:29:35 pm »
Truly an amazing video. Is it me or has Antonin imroved vastly since diabology, not that he was ever bad in the first place obviously!?!? Some of that stuff pulled in this video was un-real.
Peace

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2005, 07:30:37 pm »
who was the guy doing 3 with circuses (42 twice, then 522)? never seen him
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

Martijn

« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2005, 07:35:00 pm »
I don't know, but he good with 3 diabs! He corrects and whips them and stuff =D>

-noitbacarts-

« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2005, 07:38:39 pm »
Quote from: Sharpes

It's Bertrand, he's Belgian.

And thank you for all your comments, that pleases very to me, because I spent many hours to do this video.

Bertrand

« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2005, 09:15:19 am »

It's me.

Arjan

« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2005, 09:11:25 pm »
Congratz on your 3 low skills!

I have to go to work on mine`s....  :wink: