Author Topic: Ryo Yabe at WJF  (Read 22851 times)

norbi

• VotW Contributor
Ryo Yabe at WJF
« on: January 11, 2005, 07:43:01 pm »
Ok, you have all waited long enough, here it is...
A montage of tricks i filmed Yabe do on the last day of WJF. By no means the hardest in his repetoire, but a great selection.

Hope you all enjoy it. For now the links are

-The full video
-Just a regular sun, which i forgot to put in the original video, and to prove wrong the people who thought he couldn't do it without an armstall
-And the never  before seen, answer to the question 'how does he start that?'

But if anyone wants to mirror it, then i (and Sean) would be very grateful.

Enjoy...

Sean

• Administrator
Ryo Yabe at WJF
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2005, 07:53:25 pm »
I'll be the first to say: I worship the diabolo that Ryo's yellow Henrys string touches.  :shock:  

Wow. Even having seen these tricks in person I always have to pick myself up off the floor when I see them again.

Thanks for sharing Norbi! ... and thanks to Ryo for giving it his stamp of approval and gladly letting this video be shared! Trash, Ryo enjoyed the part at the end where you walk by. He says you are funny but jealous. ;)

Sean

barnesy

• Administrator
Ryo Yabe at WJF
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2005, 08:01:22 pm »
Great stuff!  *watches again*

I've never seen anyone do two in each hand before.  I've played with it myself, but haven't had it work for long.  Does he self start it?  I've tried it by passing two into my left hand, then doing a one handed rocket start on the right.  

Thanks for putting it up, Norbi.

seán_

Ryo Yabe at WJF
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2005, 08:07:47 pm »
That is amazing. every trick in it is amazing.

What a great week I'm having, first diabology comes, then I get to see that video as well.

the duicide start in particular and then... well in fact it's all so good

barnesy

• Administrator
Ryo Yabe at WJF
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2005, 08:13:34 pm »
The duicide start is great.  Would have been better if he'd hit Chris though!   :twisted:

Sean

• Administrator
Ryo Yabe at WJF
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2005, 08:13:46 pm »
Quote from: barnesy
I've never seen anyone do two in each hand before.  I've played with it myself, bust haven't had it work for long.  Does he self start it?

He does self-start. He either starts with 2 rocket starts or with one shuffle and one rocket start. Norbi tried to get him to do some suns with both hands, I'll bet he will have it down by next time we see him.

One of my favourite tricks is the whip duicide 2 handed 3 diabolo start as well.

Sean

barnesy

• Administrator
Ryo Yabe at WJF
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2005, 08:18:24 pm »
Quote from: Sean

He does self-start. He either starts with 2 rocket starts or with one shuffle and one rocket start. Norbi tried to get him to do some suns with both hands, I'll bet he will have it down by next time we see him.

Great!  That trick (suns with both hands) is one that I've joked about wanting to work on a few times.   'Joked' because I didn't really think it was gettable!  Time to work on those left handed rocket starts I guess!

Tom_G

Ryo Yabe at WJF
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2005, 08:26:46 pm »
Absolutely unreal. Truly one of the greatest diaboloists in the world.... how did Trash manage to get his web thingy in there? :P
It takes 24 muscles to smile, 42 to frown, and only 4 to hit someone in the face. Luckily for you, I need the exercise.

Arjan

Ryo Yabe at WJF
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2005, 09:29:25 pm »
OMG!!  :shock:  He is so good...

And Trash.. so funny, and so jelous as we all are ;)

Matt_

• Donator
Ryo Yabe at WJF
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2005, 02:09:39 am »
ah yes. i saw this earlier today at Matt Hall's juggling club...absolutely insane.  Ryo is simply amazing [-o<

his 4d is looking great, why didn't he use that in his routine?

wes

• VotW Contributor
Mirror
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2005, 07:25:56 am »
Wow! Ryo is always surprising me! Thank you Norbi!
Now, I have mirror of this Ryo's video on my website.
http://www37.tok2.com/home/wataru/movie/juggling/guest/ryo_at_wjf.mov
You can also download here. I'm willing to help you, Norbi :wink:

Tahia

• VotW Contributor
Ryo Yabe at WJF
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2005, 08:16:47 am »
well he is synchrone shuffler :)  8)  and now i'vbe do my first sun 3d with synchrone shuffle!!  8) thaaaaanks Ryo ;)

norbi

• VotW Contributor
Ryo Yabe at WJF
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2005, 08:34:21 am »
Quote from: Matt_
ah yes. i saw this earlier today at Matt Hall's juggling club...absolutely insane.  Ryo is simply amazing [-o<

his 4d is looking great, why didn't he use that in his routine?

Where did Matt get it?

His 4d isnt that solid, that was probably his best of the week.

MattF

Ryo Yabe at WJF
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2005, 08:36:45 am »
Absolutely brilliant. The 3d sprinkler is quality. I have only ever seen Tony do that trick before and i doubt i will get tired of seeing people do it.

Nice one Ryo :D

diabololi

Ryo Yabe at WJF
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2005, 09:08:56 am »
That was absolutely amazing! I have a question though, Is it possible to do a left hand sticktrap backwrap out with 3 diabolos?
Oli

Martijn

Ryo Yabe at WJF
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2005, 02:23:51 pm »
:shock:
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

seán_

Ryo Yabe at WJF
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2005, 02:34:36 pm »
Quote from: diabololi
That was absolutely amazing! I have a question though, Is it possible to do a left hand sticktrap backwrap out with 3 diabolos?
Oli

Why not try it and tell us. ;)

Sorry Oli that was mean. I dont think there are too many diabloists in a position to find out. Some of the ones that do have been discussing cutting edge things in the (Insane) 3 diabolo low tricks: present and future thread. Off the top of my head I'd say things using the right hand might be more possible. (But I'm no closer to being able to find out than you probably are)

barnesy

• Administrator
Ryo Yabe at WJF
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2005, 03:29:16 pm »
It's not so long ago that most people would have told you most things in that video weren't possible, so I wouldn't like to give an answer either way.  

I can kind of imagine the trick though!

busk

Ryo Yabe at WJF
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2005, 06:22:06 pm »
ehmm... there is any mpeg version of this video? my quicktime player can't read it! :oops:

barnesy

• Administrator
Ryo Yabe at WJF
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2005, 07:02:14 pm »
I don't have an mpeg version of the video, but I think it will work in VLC, which is an easy downlod, and is a really good free movie player: http://videolan.org/vlc/.