Author Topic: When it is time to change your string?  (Read 1587 times)

Roy

When it is time to change your string?
« on: May 10, 2008, 10:56:46 pm »
Hi All

I wondered when its time to change my string.
Because now my string is very rough.
For 1D its just not good but for 2 its very handy because when you put your second Diabolo in
the string and wrap it with a new smooth string it will fall to the other diabolo because it has no grib.
But when the string is rough the second diabolo doesn fall to the other but just hangs above like we all do.

When it is time to change your string?
Whats your opinion?

grtz Roy

Shaun

• Donator
Re: When it is time to change your string?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 12:35:40 am »
Personally I hate having really rough string, it tends to grab and knot up. I suggest you just change your string and wear it in a bit. Then it'd good for 1d and 2d.

Squiggle

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 12:58:55 am »
I change it after it has snapped so many times the string is so short O.o

I love bearings.

jwockydwb

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 01:32:54 am »
I experiment quite a bit with both string 'age' and string length, I have three different sets of sticks (a set of aluminium and 2 sets of wooden sticks aka dowels) and have various lengths and 'ages' of string on them.
As you mentioned, really new string is particularly difficult for 2d, but I love extra long new string for 1d slacks and body style stuff. On the flip side, older shorter string has been very helpful to me in the last couple of weeks while practicing vertax, simply because the added grip allows me to accelerate the diabolo to ridiculous amounts of speed.

when is it time to change your string? whenever you feel it's time :) I like new and old and the in-between stage, all for different reasons.