Author Topic: Fineese G3 (and other MB stuff)  (Read 28894 times)

seán_

Re: Fineese G3 (and other MB stuff)
« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2007, 01:00:30 pm »
I think that MB had the lowest amount of pink in store and a similar situation for shops. Good news for Ceri-Anne and to be honest its an underrated colour ;)

Rastaman

« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2007, 10:08:27 pm »
since i generally don't like (didn't want to say hate) my circus i was wondering if i should buy myself 2 of G2`s or wait for the G3`s to come out? I am pretty dependent on the price so what do you guys suggest? thanks for help!
Peace and Love to all diaboloers!

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2007, 10:19:01 pm »
I doubt the price will differ from the G2's. All finesse's have been the same price. I bought some G1's and then a month later the G2's came out and I was kicking myself because they were the same price.
Behind your back is your front.

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2007, 12:36:32 am »
since i generally don't like (didn't want to say hate) my circus i was wondering if i should buy myself 2 of G2`s or wait for the G3`s to come out? I am pretty dependent on the price so what do you guys suggest? thanks for help!

Wait for the G3's for sure. Cause if you ever want to get 3 going you'll probably end up with 2 G2's and a G3 which might feel weird. Better off having them and exactly the same IMO
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Greg

« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2007, 03:10:37 am »
No need to wait cuz the G3s are out! Butterfingers and Firetoys both have them in stock

Shaun

• Donator
« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2007, 04:16:12 am »
i couldnt see them on firetoys, but butterfingers only have pink and blue atm.
and theyre the same price as g2s!
10g heavier and wider too

Rastaman

« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2007, 08:29:44 am »
yea :) i didnt see the g3`s on firetoys site either. but thanks for the advice guys ;D i really appreciate this site because people here know what they are talking about. so ill keep waiting for the g3`s to come out in white colour :)

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2007, 01:06:42 pm »
Firetoys are stocking the G3's in pink, but still wiaitng on the other colours.
http://www.firetoys.co.uk/juggling/mr_babache_finesse_g3_diabolo_pink.html
 I may get some, see how they fare. Although the info on Firetoys says they are 10 grams heavier, I didn't know that, and im not sure i like it. Was there a weight increase from G1 to G2, i'm not sure there was?
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

Rastaman

« Reply #68 on: May 12, 2007, 07:36:53 pm »
thanks Pete for the firetoys link. didn't notice the g3 between the g2`s. the added weight is not the best for me neither because im trying to get a lighter diabolo than circus which really annoys me :)

Rastaman

« Reply #69 on: May 14, 2007, 06:45:05 pm »
I had a massive laugh today concerning G3 colours exept the blue and pink that are already on the market. I wrote to Mr Babache guys and they answered me that the 3G diabolos will come out in all colours on 1 May ;D And i was like: LOL! Dudes it`s 14`th already ;D and only pink and blue are out.

David - SAS1

« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2007, 06:53:10 pm »
www.lufbrafever.co.uk fever - Loughborough University Juggling and Circus Society

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2007, 07:03:44 pm »
Was there a weight increase from G1 to G2, I'm not sure there was?

They said it remained the same, so if there was a difference it was minimal. -The only real difference was that the edges were smoothed (my G1's are like some sort of weapon you'd find on robot wars.)

I'm guessing the weight difference won't really be felt in the G3's. Think about it: they will be moving on to circus territory and the reason why people buy finesses is that they are different to circuses.
Behind your back is your front.

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2007, 07:25:22 pm »
Quote from: Guppygould
they will be moving on to circus territory and the reason why people buy finesses is that they are different to circuses

You made my next point before i could. I think finesses are drifting more and more into circuses. And i for one don't want it to go any further.  Still, i shall have to use them before i make any further judgement.

Rastaman

« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2007, 09:24:41 pm »
If anyone gets new information about 3G coming out in other colours please let me know. I really want to get my hands on those white beauties ;D Then ill be able to practice my 2d skills. I also have a question which might be a bit out of topic but: Should i buy finger axles for both finesses or i can well manage with only one?

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2007, 09:33:12 pm »
i only have one and i find it fine but im sure that there is a slight difference

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2007, 09:34:55 pm »
If you have a wide axel on one there will be a 10gram difference in weight between the two diabolos, whcih makes two diabolo that little bite more awkward, but posible none the less. Although it is highly reccommended not to learn like this as it will only take longer. So for me it would be two axels or none. Even so, learning 2d with wide axels may slow your progress a little, but i don't know, as i have hardly ever used wide axels at all. You could get on, but then you'd be constantly changing between the normal and the wide to practice 2d.

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2007, 09:57:58 pm »
i dont choose to use one wide axle and one normal, it just that i have lost the second normal axle. can you buy normal axles off mr babache?

onewheeldave

« Reply #77 on: May 14, 2007, 10:46:33 pm »
They said it remained the same, so if there was a difference it was minimal. -The only real difference was that the edges were smoothed (my G1's are like some sort of weapon you'd find on robot wars.)

I'm guessing the weight difference won't really be felt in the G3's. Think about it: they will be moving on to circus territory and the reason why people buy finesses is that they are different to circuses.

Another reason though (why people buy finesse) is that they come with decent poms as standard, whereas Henrys require an additional update (around £8?)- the standard Henrys poms being, IMO, overly heavy and, more important, easily damaged by metal handsticks.

Most decent diabolists these days using Henrys seem to update the poms as a matter of course.

It may seem a bit trivial, but, to many, the fact that the finesse is effectively £10 cheaper for equivalent quality, is a swaying factor.

onewheeldave

« Reply #78 on: May 14, 2007, 10:53:44 pm »
If you have a wide axel on one there will be a 10gram difference in weight between the two diabolos, whcih makes two diabolo that little bite more awkward, but posible none the less. Although it is highly reccommended not to learn like this as it will only take longer. So for me it would be two axels or none. Even so, learning 2d with wide axels may slow your progress a little, but i don't know, as i have hardly ever used wide axels at all. You could get on, but then you'd be constantly changing between the normal and the wide to practice 2d.

I've used both (wide and normal axels) for two.

I'm no expert with two but have got a good solid shuffle and corrections (currently trying to get some tricks down).

At one point I used two wide axles and, IMO, they are more difficult to shuffle and correct- their redeaming feature is that they make a double grind and throw back into shuffle so easy that even I could manage it consistently :)

Over than that though, they seem to make two harder.

I did do a bit with one normal axle and one wide axle- surprisingly it seemed to work better than two wide axles and wasn't significantly more difficult than two normal axles.

onewheeldave

« Reply #79 on: May 17, 2007, 02:03:18 am »
I ordered a pair of pink G3's from firetoys.co.uk yesterday.

Excellent delivery service- they arrived this morning :)

They don't look much different to the G2- unless you have a G2 handy to compare it to directly, you'd be hard pressed to spot that it's a G3 (apart from the previously mentioned 3-line symbol on the rim).

Placed next to a G2 the rim of the G3 is perhaps a bit under 2mm thicker.

I wasn't actually expecting them to feel or handle that differently from G2's, however, getting the G3's on the string I could definitly feel that they were a little heavier.

It's difficult to be specific, especially since I'm feeling a bit tired today, but it felt as though they fell somewhere in between the feel of the g2's and the circus with teflon pom replacement.

I also got the feeling that they did build up more speed and retain it better than the G2's.

It's difficult to say after less than a day of using them and I'll probably form a better opinion after using them a while, however, given the fact that they have been designed with extra weight and that that weight is put in the best place i.e. the rim rather than the axle, it would make sense that they're going to spin a bit more like the circus.

My initial opinion is that I like them- personally I find the circus, even with the reduced weight of the replacement poms, to have a noticably negative effect on my arms, another reason why i tend to use Finesse.

The new G3's seem to be a good compromise between the light, but consequently not favoured for its spin attributes, of the G3 and, the decent spin, but, for some, overly heavy, circus.

Initial spins seem to indicate that the G3 isn't necessarily incompatible with the G2 for two diabolos, though I'm no expert on 2, the shuffle and corrections work just as well as when using two G2's.

It's nice to have a pair of bright pink diabolos to add to the collection as well :)

--------------

Incidently, what happened to Finesse on this board? I remember that when they came out, loads of people where saying how good they were and the general consensus seemed to be that they were pretty much neck-and-neck with the Henries in terms of quality.

Doing searches on this board and 2diabolo.net I'm sure I read posts saying stuff like they were the smoothest spin for doing two etc.

Now it seems like there's a genuine dislike for finesse- all the diabolists at conventions seem to be mainly using henries and I hear a few derogatory comments about finesse.

Is it cos babache have put out some duff stuff (handsticks that break) and been overly optimistic with some of their release dates; or is it that people genuinely don't think much of finesse diabolos?