Author Topic: BJC workshops  (Read 10476 times)

seán_

BJC workshops
« on: February 10, 2007, 05:50:29 pm »
I've been asked if I'd like to do a workshop at the BJC and  thought I'd see if anybody here has any thoughts on what might be welcomed.

Lets put it this way, it isn't going to involve 1d and isnt going to involve 3d so if anybody fancies doing workshops on those speak up and we'll see about getting you in contact with he workshop organisers.

Mark BMC

• Donator
Re: BJC workshops
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 06:06:27 pm »
Ill do beginners 1 and 2 D

I'd like
- string control workshop.
- sprinkler/hyperloop variation's.
- recap of the Priam stuff
advanced hair care?

seán_

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2007, 06:58:59 pm »

advanced hair care?

Like what kind of box to store it in?

donald grant

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2007, 08:48:35 pm »
I've been invited down to the BJC this year, so I'll be teaching a couple of workshops there.  Probably be doing one on performing and one on creativity with one diabolo.  

See you all there,

Donald

Beni

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2007, 09:09:08 pm »
Maybe you should help with fans, considering it is one of the most talked about tricks on the forum. For example:
S-fans
Turning while in a fan
Keeping a classic fan going for a while
Entries and exits
etc...

Tom Derrick

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2007, 10:58:34 pm »
I could do a 2d loop workshop, if there's the demand for it. Starts, acceleration, corrections, plus a couple of tricks would probably fill 30 to 40 minutes, plus some time for questions and personal tutoring at the end.

Alex!

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2007, 11:21:43 pm »
2d loop workshop

Yeah, I'd go to that, probably would get alot of interest becasue its something diffferent.

Also, a vertax tutorial would be good if anyone can run one, involving some basic tricks.
STOP! HAMMER 'TIJN

nev

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2007, 11:34:04 pm »

Maybe you should help with fans

I'll be happy to run a fans workshop if people want it.  I'm gonna be there a good 4 days & ain't too shabby at fans.
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2007, 11:49:04 pm »

I'll be happy to run a fans workshop if people want it.  I'm gonna be there a good 4 days & ain't too shabby at fans.

Why not an anti-shuffle workshop while you're at it? You're not too shabby at that either  ;)

-Duncan *wishing he was still in the UK*

Mark BMC

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2007, 12:35:10 am »
Donald grant teaching performance?
Nev teaching fans?
seán_  with a nice mahogany box [ and joking aside a good teacher/diaboloer]?
Tom derrick with loop?
Ginger Tom rocking the WJF?
Taiwanese madness?
5 separate opportunities to be hung over?
more diaboloers than you can shake and break an energy at!

If their is anybody in the U.K who isn't seriously considering going to this convention quit and do poi

Nick

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2007, 09:02:22 am »

I could do a 2d loop workshop...

Tom,
I was thinking of doing a 1d loop workshop. How would you like to team up to fill that hour? A bit of one from me and then maybe a bit of excalibur and some two from you.
Nick.
City landmark might be feet lower if rebuilt (6,5)

Tom Derrick

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2007, 12:14:07 am »
That sounds like a plan. It would make me a bit more comfortable leading a workshop if there was someone else there to back me up if I got a bit stuck :)

seán_

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2007, 01:23:04 am »
right I'm putting in for 2d tricks and trickswap, I envision a nice relaxed workshop cothereing the gammet of tricks (cepting fans which Nev will have a masterclass on)
Basically if you have a workable shuffle to being a bit special  you'll be able to pick something up from this/assist somebody else to pick up something new. Hopefully thoughts about developing your own tricks, style and linking moves as well. Possible intro to 3rd base if you are worthy.
So its a give as well as take session and i expect some of you lot to roll your sleeves up.

I've submitted my form (trying to avoid times I think something like the diabolo comp will be on). get in touch with Caspar workshops@bjc2007.co.uk and you'll get a link to an easy to follow web form.

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2007, 04:45:05 pm »
How advanced are advanced 1d workshops at BJC's likely to be?A friend and I are considering giving this a bash if no-one else is, but thats assuming our advanced 1d is advanced enough. Not everyones idea of advanced is the same.
Also, what would be the estimated size of an advanced 1d workshop group at BJC this year?
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2007, 01:21:49 pm »
It's a bit tricky when it gets to "advanced" stages.  Those that might consider themselves advanced may not be interested in attending, others may think it's too high above their station.  I think for advanced, it should perhpas focus on one section of the advanced such as suicide stuff or around the body stuff.

Perhaps a trick swap session might be more productive and well attended and then everyone can share a trick or two.  Just my thoughts on the issue.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

nev

• Donator
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2007, 04:55:46 pm »
Ok my form is in - I will be doing a 1 hour workshop in fans (inc cfans, sfans, mfans etc) and basic anti shuffle stuff for anyone that cares to learn.  First 15 mins or so will cover entries / tips & techniques etc for those wanting to learn fans (don't expect to get it straight away though - fans take time to learn - but I'll help point you in the right direction).  The remainder will be for those who already have some sort of fan working through to the more advanced stuff.  I'll even throw in some basic anti-shuffle advice and ideas swap at the end for those interested.
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2007, 10:40:33 pm »
If we want an organised slot for a diabolo trick swap/workshop we still need to fil out a form right?

seán_

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2007, 10:57:44 pm »
best to do so Pete so you get space and volunteer credit. Easy formto fill in and people are more likely to come if they see your workshop in the brochure.

Also filling in the form will help you consider who the workshop is aimed at plus you can stipulate times so that you dont clash with something (say the wjf diabolo comp)

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2007, 08:32:56 pm »
THey already have a trickswap booked in. THey're still looking for an advanced workshop though. I'll keep thinking.

One more thing, is there likely to be enough interest to make a 3d workshop (or a siteswap workshop) worthwhile?

seán_

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2007, 09:03:44 pm »
Have a word with Zack and Marc as they are talking about 3d workshops, between the 3 of you most everything would be covered