Author Topic: Diabolo injuries  (Read 93270 times)

kragen

Re: Diabolo injuries
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2005, 11:20:31 am »
Those finesse really dig into your arms!!! I've been practicing around an arm and a leg recently and have very suspicious scars :P
Justin
Gravity Vomit - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.

Susannah

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2005, 01:19:56 pm »
neck bounces are dangerous until you get the hang of it, ive hit myself in the face quite hard before..........OUCH! :'(

Paul

« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2005, 07:47:34 pm »
Had to happen eventually. Never diabolo topless with Finesse G1. I have a burnt nipple from body orbits gone wrong! It really chaffs on my T-shirt when I walk now!!!!!!
Peace

Spooned

« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2005, 09:13:46 pm »
Quote from: Tom Derrick
This smiley seems to sum it up::shock:

Whip between the legs gone wrong  :shock: . Pain for about a week. Need I say more?
Diabolo or Diablo

Spink

« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2005, 01:51:07 pm »
I just bought some short metal sticks on tuesday and was that exited that rather than fitting some decent string to it i thought i'd have a quick go with the crappy string that it comes with.

I put a wrap in th string to start accelerating the diabolo an it caught up ripping the stick out of my hand and on to the back of my head. OOOOOOOw!!

Suppose it gave me some time to put some new string on it though :)
3rd Base + Hubstacks =

viiru

« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2005, 01:16:33 pm »
hm.

My wounds are limited to arms that make me look that i'm some sort of satan worshipper (with henrys, i've managed to actually spill blood from my wrists), couple times strained my wrist when nice and light arlequino wraps in high speeds and gives a hearty slap to handstick with it's 330gram weight, and one pair of broken eyeglasses when genocide went horribly wrong.
Also I've managed to hit myself to the grotch several times when practicing 2d underlegs.

It's a dangerous sport i say.
It's just a world spinning around your diabolo

Dax

« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2005, 09:56:28 pm »
just fully hacked finger grinds after only a couple of days of trying! (i persumed that they could only be done with wide axels) Now that i can do them i can't stop doing them which has left me with a bloody knuckle.

everytime that the diabolo slips down my finger it badly burns my knucle and now it feel propely grazed. Im not too bothered though as finger grinds are cool.

dempsey6000

« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2005, 10:34:02 pm »
I was trying to do a neck trampoline and the wind to it and cracked me one right  in the bloody face still got a mark an it was almost 4 days ago :x

Jester

« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2005, 11:50:17 pm »
After watching a Vid of someone doing a one handed whip catch through their legs I tried it once and managed to punch myself in the nuts  :shock:

I never did get back to learning that trick
do it, do it ,do it, DO IT!

Jim Kandol

« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2005, 11:55:36 pm »
As a rule i don't let people i don't know have a go because the first injury i sustained was a person throwing it at me and hitting me on the head. never let a chav have a go

But most recently iv been hitting my self on the head trying the around the head bouncy trick, and i almost broke my finger doing a whip trick. 2 sticks in one hand finger in between, caught it, crack, gritted my teath and kept going. still hurts.

But at the school i go to some of my friends have taken it up under my influence  :o  and one of them smack them selves in the face with the diabolo trying a grind, and the other hit himself on the "groch" with his stick. There getting better

But i dont see how you get cuts on your arms?
Throw it up high mate.

viiru

« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2005, 11:59:45 am »
Quote from: Jim Kandol
But i dont see how you get cuts on your arms?

It's really easy. Just add helluva lot of spin, do the round 2 arms orbits or monorail, aim to your wrists and there you go. Especially henrys circus and big harlequins are really good accessories to cut your arms with.

good luck with training that ;D
It's just a world spinning around your diabolo

Martijn

« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2005, 04:39:18 pm »
Finesses G1 are even better!
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

Tom_G

« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2005, 07:36:09 pm »
If you want to look like a true diaboloist, simply attatch razor blades to the diabolo of your choice and aim at your arm. Authentic cuts in seconds!

Hope that helps :wink:

I do not in any way, shape or form take any responsibility for any loss of arm/life this technique may cause.
It takes 24 muscles to smile, 42 to frown, and only 4 to hit someone in the face. Luckily for you, I need the exercise.

jw

« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2005, 08:09:24 pm »
Quote from: Jester
After watching a Vid of someone doing a one handed whip catch through their legs I tried it once and managed to punch myself in the nuts  :shock:

I never did get back to learning that trick

Hahahaha :D
Tthat ain't nice for the fortune cookie I always charge you twice.
Delivery is free but not from me I always want a dolla fifty.

Moe

« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2005, 11:06:49 pm »
Ok, this isn't really an injury but still...

A few days ago when I was playing around with some combos one of my diabolos accidently hit a vase... "ok, that's not THAT bad" you all think, but the thing is this vase was placed on a glass table which broke when the vase hit it in it's fall.

Now, the only reason that I didn't get injured is because my parents were asleep at the time (don't ask me how they managed not to wake up by the crash)...

kragen

« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2005, 03:11:39 pm »
lol!

Well I'm expecting to be horrificly burned sometime soon - I'm practicing around the arm and around both arms with my fire diabolo. With a finesse my around both arms is fairly unstable and I have a fair few marks, I can see a hot metal spinning diabolo causing a lot of damage :S
Justin
Gravity Vomit - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2005, 09:32:20 pm »
i got an idea (now this may seem stupid, so you don't have to listen, but bare with me...) SOLIDIFY IT WITHOUT A FIRE DIABOLO FIRST!

Nutcase

mitchelljuggles

« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2005, 04:17:46 am »
Quote from: norbi
i got an idea (now this may seem stupid, so you don't have to listen, but bare with me...) SOLIDIFY IT WITHOUT A FIRE DIABOLO FIRST!

Come on Norbi, Where's the fun in that?!? hehehe   8)

Mitchell

Martijn

« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2005, 05:50:54 pm »
Have a look at my arm :P

download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

lemony

« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2005, 06:13:37 pm »
i spent last night practising guillotines... i look like i've been mugged

bloodied my nose twice, string burns the whole way round my neck and my circus even managed to take a decent nick out of my ear for good measure... i think i'll go back to trying to correct 2 properly

edit: that looks pretty sore tijn... what were you trying?
The diabolo wiki please contribute in any way you can.