Author Topic: HOWTO: Marron's Instant Eiffel Tower  (Read 5933 times)

Nick

• Donator
HOWTO: Marron's Instant Eiffel Tower
« on: February 12, 2007, 10:47:10 am »
Its no secret that I like Eiffel Towers and I really enjoyed the Higami video. So, when people asked me how Marron's excellent instant whip Eiffel Tower worked, I had to figure it out.

HOWTO_marron_tower.avi

The video shows the mechanics of the trick. I can't do it with anything near Marron's style, but this should hopefully help people to figure out how and why it works.

I hope that this is useful to somebody.
Nick.
City landmark might be feet lower if rebuilt (6,5)

Mark BMC

• Donator
Re: HOWTO: Marron's Instant Eiffel Tower
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 11:29:47 am »
Cheers

I've got something to do on my day off now!. I would love a longer vid of lots of slackwip stuff, since spink showed me then again at choc I've been messing around with them [their a good winter trick]

well done making the vids so clear

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 12:21:38 pm »
Great tutorial! I also have something to practice now. I gotta ask though how does "The exit with style" work?
Behind your back is your front.

Nick

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 12:46:37 pm »

How does "The exit with style" work?

I came up with this completely by accident. I was looking for a way to "lacerate" into a trapeze. The version that I came up with started with an anti-clockwise sun to put a twist in the string. The diabolo was then popped up, the sticks were swung around the diabolo to undo the twist and the left stick then under-cut the diabolo into a trapeze. This all worked fine in theroy, but in practice roughly a quarter of my attempts ended up in the mount shown in the video. For a long time I couldn't figure out how or why it worked.
Fortunately, I did eventually figure it out. It works in a similar way to the trick in this VOTW, but you hook the sting from the left stick tip with the left stick instead. When you undercut the diabolo with the left stick to end up in a trapeze, give the string from the left stick a bit of slack. Let the trapeze loop slide off the left stick and catch the slack on the end of the left stick. This should put you in the Green Triangle-style mount. It then exits like a regular trapeze.

Nick.
City landmark might be feet lower if rebuilt (6,5)

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 12:53:01 pm »
I'll have a go but I doubt I'll get it. Thanks for the explanation.
Behind your back is your front.

pus

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2007, 07:02:11 pm »
Great Video ;D I did also wonder how on earth that trick was done.. Not easy to catch, cause Marron's doing it extremely fast!
Been examening your tutorial for 1 hour now, and I've finally got it! Goes really slow though, cause I'm having some trouble with taking the string around the diabolo in the end. Took me a while to figure out how you do it. I didn't get that twist of the hand at first. ooh, relief.. now practice 8)

great toturial! You should really make some more on other Eiffel's and stuff.. I think it's important that people learn these kind of tricks, cause many people get bored with 1d and starts doing only multiple diabolo..

bye bye apple pie.
ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v

Vagabond

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2007, 10:49:53 pm »
Can someone please explain slack whips to me, or at least direct me to a link where they may be further explained.

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2007, 11:46:54 am »
How about you learn to Search? See the selection of buttons under your avatar??

William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

looby

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2007, 05:31:01 pm »
How about you learn to Search? See the selection of buttons under your avatar??

How about you help out the guy who asked nicely instead of trying to be smart

Vagabond, have a look here http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=120 and here, http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=1321.  They should be of some help and in the future tyr using the search tab  ;)
Rennes July 10-17th 2011!

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2007, 06:05:48 am »
^I did create a thread for people who wanted to ask things without risking being abused, but unfortunately it seems noone wants to use it ???

Regarding the video, I really liked it. Still can´t do the trick but it´s a good tutorial.

Vagabond

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2007, 04:28:20 pm »
Sorry I did kinda set myself up for that :P
Thanks for the links.

Jussi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2007, 08:18:01 pm »
hey nick, if you like string figures like eiffel tower i think i must share this with you..

youtube seems to cut end of the video off, but i just release diabolo from inverse trapeze at the end..

nev

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2007, 11:42:52 pm »
I like
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String