Author Topic: Single sided with a Circus Cup  (Read 14814 times)

William

• VotW Contributor
Re: Single sided with a Circus Cup
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2007, 02:32:12 am »
@William,
in the moment it is not possible to add a light kit to the Monobolos,
the weight of the light kit would bring it out of balance...
perhaps I will made something like that in future, but first I had to make
another prop, I promised that on the EJC...

I think you misunderstood me. I was talking about a regular circus. By taking the weight from the diabolo with your hubs. Then using your conversion kit to put on a weight kit not a light kit. So it would be around the weight of a circus with some POM hubs (I think) but much more stable.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

JC

• Donator
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2007, 08:12:10 pm »
Seems that I misunderstand you, the weight of a Circus with my Ultra Leicht kits is 250g.
The Henrys Circus with the original POM hubs is between 250g - 270g, this dependes which orginal axle kit you use...
If you add the Evolution 4 Light Kit combined with the my Ultra or Standard Leicht Kit, the weight is 300g.
So you have the same weight as with a regular Henrys Circus.
Conclusion, the momentum of a normal Henrys Circus with aluminium hubs is not so good as the combination of Evolution 4 Light Kit and Ultra or Standard Leicht kit. The same effect (better momentum) it is with the Ultralight and the Twist Kit from Henrys (they also reduce the weight about 50g).

If you add the Evolution 4 Light Kit to a normal Henrys Circus the weight is 350g, this is very heavy...

www.diabolonet.de - email to: diabolo-kits@web.de
MONOBOLOS, Henrys Circus, Vision and MB Finesse with round shaped axles

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2007, 02:22:19 am »
I wasn't talking about light kits! I'm talking about WEIGHT KITS if its made for might kits, weight kits will fit also.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Amic

« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2007, 11:10:09 am »
Oops I think all the confusion comes from me. In fact it comes from this language call english, where light and light don't mean the same thing...

Last, is there a weight kit we could put if we use light kit with this kind of diabolo ?

I apologize for the weight and light in the same sentence... light kit was just a LED kit (evolution4 for example).

JC

• Donator
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2007, 06:35:14 pm »
I think now it is clear, you could attach onto the babache conversion adapter also weight kits...

JC

• Donator
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2008, 09:01:41 pm »
Since this week the Monobolos are also available with a white axle.
Here is a photo of them

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2008, 10:20:20 pm »
Yeah, all white monobolos here we come! Think i might have one after EJC ;)
«Diabolo, whiter than the whitest!»

seaneatsmuffins

« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2009, 06:56:20 pm »
where can i get 1 with american dollars
Nobody else like me

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2009, 12:21:56 am »
Well, if the JC for some reason can't sell for ya. Get back to me. Then I can fix you up with one.
But the better way is to pm JC first. He can give it for cheaper price. ;)

TimEllis

« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2009, 01:46:24 pm »
Do any of these single sided diabolos have bearing axles?

I recently got a Sundia single sider, but it has a bearing axle.  I'm having trouble getting it spinning up due to confusion.
Keeping the world safe from boring people,

Tim Ellis

Check out my YouTube tutorials! 
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=TimEllis

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2009, 01:57:47 pm »
Do any of these single sided diabolos have bearing axles?

I recently got a Sundia single sider, but it has a bearing axle.  I'm having trouble getting it spinning up due to confusion.

JC's Monobolo do not have bearings and are balanced. Though I also think you can put the fixed axle kit on a bearing one sided fly.
Diabolo Acquired - Thurday, 2/08/07
Vertax Skill Acquired - Thursday, 4/12/07
2 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Tuesday, 5/29/07
3 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Eh, No?

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2009, 03:14:22 pm »
Yeah, Eric said it. Monobolo's are balanced like diabolos. For the story how these were
created check out, http://mudflapcake.blogspot.com/ <-monobolo post.

Also buying the monobolo means you get actually two kits for you circus. Lighter and wider hubs = ultraleichtkit. Lighter normal hubs = leicht kit. So if you buy monobolo you actually get three different things. ;) Only thing you need to do is use original washers and buy some bolt for your circus, wich is really cheap. For finesse users, yes. The monobolo can be assebled with Jürgens adaptor kit for finesse. But then the weight distribution is messed up. I haven't experimented enough to tell you how to make it balanced. Perhaps someday JC or somebody else will figure out it and balance monobolo for finesse too. Mean time, we use circus (i would do that anyways, paid circus advertisement, Henry's if you hear me please send me one circus for this). ;)

I realize this is old knowledge for most of people. But i've had to explain this oh so many times trough msn. Monobolos are made from parts that JC makes. If they are stuck together it doesn't necessarily mean that they can't be separated. That's my tip of the day.

Cheers.