Author Topic: Other than a Circus (smaller diabolos)  (Read 5257 times)

leftofpunk

Other than a Circus (smaller diabolos)
« on: January 17, 2005, 06:59:13 pm »
I have two henry's circus and I'm trying to learn two diabolos. I can currently get two going and do basic trapeze stalls and "almost" got a basic sprinkler down, but I was wondering if anyone uses diabolos smaller than a 5 inch? I was thinking about getting a pair of Jazz's or Beaches. Are these okay? Good or bad things about then? I'm pretty short (5'4") and I thought maybe I could handle smaller diabolos a tad better if they were more size appropriate to me.

Martijn

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2005, 07:29:30 pm »
Well, if you have seen Ofek and Niels, you could see size doesn't matters! They use Circus and Finesses! :wink: '

The Henry's Circus and Mb Finesse (G2!!!) are the best diabolos!
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

leftofpunk

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2005, 07:36:39 pm »
okay, I guess it just comes down to practice then...maybe I need a shorter string, I'd really like to tackle a fan next. Don't wanna clip my jaw.

Martijn

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2005, 07:43:51 pm »
Arjan thinks it's easier and more relaxed to have a longer string for the Fan.

It takes hours and hours of practise, before you get the Fan. The entry is difficult (I prefer the left backwrap). In the beginning progress is slow, but when you finally get it solid, it feels great!  8)
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

leftofpunk

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2005, 07:58:57 pm »
hey, since we're engaged in conversation here...Do you thinkt he diabolo follies videos are worth it? Or do you know of any other instructional videos that breat tricks down to learn easier?

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2005, 08:04:06 pm »
Quote from: leftofpunk
do you know of any other instructional videos that break tricks down to learn easier?

DIABOLOGY! :)

leftofpunk

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2005, 08:05:51 pm »
yeah, I saw the trailor for that and I really want it. Hows the tutorial part? Do they break it down slow to learn or just demo the tricks?

Tom_G

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2005, 08:06:27 pm »
I got the 2d diabolo folies vid for Christmas, and have watched it a couple of times. It's pretty good, but diabolo has progressed quite a lot since it was made - it has no sprinklers, fans or vortexes. Doesn't stop it being worthwhile though, as I learnt quite a bit about 2d suns from it, and also has a large section on 2 and 3 high, but definatly get Diabology instead, if you have a DVD player.

I got the black and white French version, which doesn't really help :wink:

Edit: This thread has gone wildly off topic!
It takes 24 muscles to smile, 42 to frown, and only 4 to hit someone in the face. Luckily for you, I need the exercise.

leftofpunk

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2005, 08:09:11 pm »
i'll prolly end up getting em all, just wanted to know which was best. Is Diabology region free? I'm in the US so if it's region 2 I'll need to wait till I get my region free DVD player.

Tom_G

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2005, 08:11:00 pm »
See the Diabology discussion thread - http://www.diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=175
It takes 24 muscles to smile, 42 to frown, and only 4 to hit someone in the face. Luckily for you, I need the exercise.

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2005, 05:12:52 am »
leftofpunk, i wouldn't recommend the beach or the jazz, they are pretty small. i have a beach, and while i do like it, i prefer the Circus by far. the beach is made out of plastic and is considerably lighter than the Circus.

the jazz on the other hand is a shrunken Circus. it's quite small, and much harder to do tricks on.

i recommend the smaller diabolos only to mess around with. for serious business, i suggest the full size (henry's circus, mb finesse, harlequin).

Arjan

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2005, 09:12:41 am »
Quote from: Martijn
Arjan thinks it's easier and more relaxed to have a longer string for the Fan.

It takes hours and hours of practise, before you get the Fan. The entry is difficult (I prefer the left backwrap). In the beginning progress is slow, but when you finally get it solid, it feels great!  8)

For the S-Fan for sure, because you have more string to keep the diabolos going, I think also for the normal fan it relaxer.