Author Topic: Chinese Yo-Yo Stuff  (Read 2722 times)

wuhoo

Chinese Yo-Yo Stuff
« on: March 02, 2007, 10:13:56 am »
Hey all, just saw a vid of a whole troupe of Chinese girls doing a performance with the Chinese yo-yo for the Spring Festival show that CCTV (China's major broadcasting network) hosts every year. While it's not terribly heavy on impressive combos or anything, it reminds me a lot of the Chinese yo-yo performance seen in Cirque du Soleil's Quidam, lots of pretty synchronizing and acrobatics mixed in, maybe a little too artsy, but still pretty impressive.

Here's the link:

Jussi

• VotW Contributor
Re: Chinese Yo-Yo Stuff
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 11:15:22 am »
yeah.. im not sure i have seen these girls before but i surely have seen that style and acrobatics and passing routines..

they are good, but who design their show is pretty lazy. i like to see what they would do if they drop critical moment.. that would be intresting..

one.man.band

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 05:59:01 pm »

yeah.. im not sure i have seen these girls before but i surely have seen that style and acrobatics and passing routines..

they are good, but who design their show is pretty lazy. i like to see what they would do if they drop critical moment.. that would be intresting..

Might've seen it in cirque du soleil?
I'd rather see one good diaboloist do some technical stuff than syncronised swimming
Not sure how many times my diabolos have been in the pond

Alex!

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 06:34:07 pm »
Is it just me or was that really creepy... :-\
Some pretty cool stuff there with the standing on peoples shoulders and human pyramid! :o
STOP! HAMMER 'TIJN

Matt?

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 07:20:43 pm »
That is just plain scary....
i go for walk now? it easy to find papers! look, i got this bag of filters!

Matt D

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 08:15:08 pm »
I'm not sure what to say about this...

just weird

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2007, 09:26:33 pm »
Oh my dad got the full version of it on some chinese dling site and it was pretty good at the end.  For example one girl was doing chinese pirrouetes one after the other without poping the diabolo up at all and the diabolo seemed to hover and she span so fast and she did like 20 of these in a row.  I tried a chinese pirrouette and i couldn't do it nearly as good.  And another girl did 3 diabolos high btb.  and there was some more passing stuff which was pretty good.

Josh

The Vitamin Guy

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2007, 09:35:25 pm »
What is a chinese pirouette?
The Vitamin Guy

Matt D

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2007, 10:19:04 pm »
Well... someone should put the full version on the web because if they do hard stuff than what is on youtube is a disgrace.

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2007, 11:42:44 pm »

What is a chinese pirouette?
I suppose it's a regular pirouette, but you become orientated...  But when you see it, they spin around really fast and the diabolo does just kinda sit in the air.  

And Josh said he did find it online, but Chinese sites have so much more content, people just can't read it.  Plus it's Cirque Du Soleil, try and support your juggling and circus skills culture.  The stuff on Youtube is ok to an extent, it's an appetiser for the real thing, I really want to see Corteo after seeing the Teslenko's passing routines.

And what they do is hard, just in a different way.  They don't diabolo, they perform, to the masses as well.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills