Author Topic: Bullied Over Diabolo? >>Checked First  (Read 9575 times)

Mattias

Re: Bullied Over Diabolo? >>Checked First
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2007, 09:50:23 pm »
A guy in my class kept laughing when I messed up with sprinkler suicide exit, so the next time I tried I just didnt catch the stick. One diabolo just hit him spot on in the crotch, very funny, especially his raging afterwards trying to tip over my locker... Heh, he is a good guy though, so it was all fun :)
Need help? Try these before creating a new topic:
Search and
Trick and Video Archive

k2pek2

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2007, 10:46:47 pm »
i've never been bullied and called names or whatnot, but when i let people try it and other people want to have a go at it, i get really annoyed when the kid that can't do anything and had it by far the most won't give it up for about a minute to let someone else try... that and sometimes people take my stuff in the diabolo club without asking. for example: today i had to look for my really small arlequino diabolo and i saw this one kid with one so i looked in the cup...my name wasnt there. okay so there are two people with them, him and me. then i see this other kid with one so i sneak up behind him and just grab it and walk away. it was really funny because he was standing around all these other people and he's just like..."oh...okay." But i would've been cool with it if he had asked. (hah hah i think he was trying to impress the ladies around him...) actually i lied i have been bullied once by some kid i dont know and he was like "wow let me try" and i was practicing a routine for the talent show and i said let me finish this combination of tricks in a minute and you can try... well he wouldnt wait a minute. five seconds after i said that he starts asking me again and i'm like "hold on i said you could try when i'm done practicing my talent show routine" so i was doing a suicide at that point and he kicked the diabolo and sent it flying, stole it and started running away and taunting me. he got whipped lol. thats my story.
-John

Matt D

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2007, 11:31:39 pm »

that and sometimes people take my stuff in the diabolo club without asking. for example: today i had to look for my really small arlequino diabolo and i saw this one kid with one so i looked in the cup...my name wasnt there. okay so there are two people with them, him and me. then i see this other kid with one so i sneak up behind him and just grab it and walk away. it was really funny because he was standing around all these other people and he's just like..."oh...okay." But i would've been cool with it if he had asked.

same problem that I have at my school club. If people would just ask me if they could use it then they would be welcome to but if someone other than Steve uses my stuff without permission I get annoyed.

Beni

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2007, 06:41:02 pm »
Well, in a juggling club there is usually equipment that is owned by the club and can be used by anyone. It is easy to mistake that equipment and other people's, though I have never done this.
I am always worried about practicing diabolo or juggling in public for a few reasons:
• People call you 'show off', and when you explain that you'd much rather practice in an empty room if it had the space, they say 'go find a room then'.
• People want to be taught or pester you with stupid questions like 'how do you do that?', to which I usually reply 'with practice'.
• Props get stolen or mistakenly taken by small children.

Of course, none of this applies in a juggling club.

By the way, what sort of a tag is 'checked about topic'?!

k2pek2

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2007, 12:06:43 am »
mmm... well for my juggling club they don't supply things, and they also don't teach us. it's kind of stupid because they are still making us pay $34 for having a teacher just stand there and make sure we don't set fire to the school. not only that i have to teach everybody and still pay... funny part is i'm teaching the teacher.

*edit* sorry i got off topic
-John

Steve-O

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2007, 06:21:08 pm »

• People want to be taught or pester you with stupid questions like 'how do you do that?', to which I usually reply 'with practice'.

when people ask me that i usually say "do you like magic?"

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2007, 10:07:30 pm »
Has anyone actually been bullied in the way I think of when I hear the word bullying? I mean seriously abused physically or mentally?

Sidenote: I´ve tried to hit stupid people with excaliburgenos so many times, but usually bullies have been stupid enough to not move anyway. I like to do three high and then fail a pirouette on purpose just to let the diabolos fall onto them ;D. Screaming "akta" (look out) and then not doing anything is also pretty fun. Oh, and when random people ask me stuff, I answer them in a different language. This usually makes them go away pretty fast.

Alex!

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2007, 10:24:12 pm »
I know someone (and no it isn't me) who is bullied and laughed at while he does diabolo, it gets kicked while he is trying out stuff, and thrown around. I'm not sure why they do it and I don't think its because he does diabolo, he just seems to be humiliated most of the time by a very large amount of people. Its not nice or funny what happens to him and he tries to ignore them. Eventually I'm guessing and hoping it will stop by them losing interest or by him standing up for himself more often though there is no reason for it to of ever started.
STOP! HAMMER 'TIJN

David - SAS1

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2007, 10:46:36 pm »

Another good answer is what i use with magic which is with elegance and skill.#

I know someone (and no it isn't me) who is bullied and laughed at while he does diabolo, it gets kicked while he is trying out stuff, and thrown around. I'm not sure why they do it and I don't think its because he does diabolo, he just seems to be humiliated most of the time by a very large amount of people. Its not nice or funny what happens to him and he tries to ignore them. Eventually I'm guessing and hoping it will stop by them losing interest or by him standing up for himself more often though there is no reason for it to of ever started.

We really should do something after easter about the person who is getting bullied as surely we should be encouraging more people to do a skill.
www.lufbrafever.co.uk fever - Loughborough University Juggling and Circus Society

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2007, 01:35:33 am »
I get the classic, circus tune whistle, and the meanest thing I think, that I cared to hear, was "Are you going to join the circus?" I don't know why but that stung me the most. I also get the ever original clown, circus, loser, can I try, how do you do that, etc. stuff, very annoying

Recently though at school, there was a group of kids at a table that was watching me practice at lunch, and I knew one of them sorta, and they were all saying how cool it was and that I could probably get laid because of how cool it was, and yeah I found them to be really annoying, even though they were compliments, I would like people to just shut up and let me play lol
Diabolo Acquired - Thurday, 2/08/07
Vertax Skill Acquired - Thursday, 4/12/07
2 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Tuesday, 5/29/07
3 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Eh, No?

kjm

« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2007, 03:15:32 am »

One of the kids in my school got expelled on friday cause he kicked my diabolo.( the kid is a jerk and gets suspeded like 1 time a month and everyone hates him)My principal also saw me do an infinite suicide and confiscated my Finesse for the day too lol but i usualy get The when are you going to join the circus and pple whistiling a circusy tune but there messing around with me there all my good freinds from my basketball team and they all know i can woop them at basketball

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2007, 12:53:26 pm »
I practice in a tennishall, and in a tennishall there are always senior citizens (don´t ask me why) who are snobs and think they can get away with anything just cause they´re old. SO, a few of the questions I´ve been asked/told have been:

"Can´t you do four?" (asked by a guy while I was doing three in a split, a trick I´m very proud of)

"I played with toys like that when I was five" (said by an elderly man).

And an old lady asked me: "are those attached to the string" (while I was doing three high)?

Most annoying was an old guy who snuck up on me from behind and screamed when I was practicing three high. I have a long patience and good temper but I was still very, very tempted to hit him.

We really should do something after easter about the person who is getting bullied as surely we should be encouraging more people to do a skill.

Definitely. He should know that other diabolists support him 100 percent.

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2007, 09:10:34 pm »

I practice in a tennishall, and in a tennishall there are always senior citizens (don´t ask me why) who are snobs and think they can get away with anything just cause they´re old. SO, a few of the questions I´ve been asked/told have been:
I'm in the mind that old people have earnt a right to be mean and obnoxious just for making it to old age.  When (if) I'm old, I'm gonna be cantankerous, obnoxious and just generally a pain.  I wouldn't say people have a "right" to be so, but definitely a privilage.

I think diaboloists and jugglers are encouraging as a whole, otherwise we wouldn't be giving advice, conversation and recommendations to people.  Still, nasty thing prejudice, unfounded for the most part unfortunately as well.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Rastaman

« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2007, 08:55:18 pm »
Soo i brought my diabolos to school for the first day today. I am not very professional but still i can do quite much. And i always got something like that: "You´re like a kindergarden child." and "OO, youre soo good, maybe you wanna go work in a circus" and also " Oo it`s soo easy, everybody can do it"..But most especially i hated a guy who just kept bugging me to give him a try. But i just decided to ignore those guys and played on. I also play flowersticks soo i have heard many  different things..like"go and stick your flowersticks up your a**" that just got me soo pissed i kicked the guy with my handstick soo it broke..but he got wat he asked :) Mostly i too recommend to stay calm and not to use physsical violence against bullies. that can turn them up even more soo they wont stop bugging you...
Peace and Love to all diaboloers!

Martijn

« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2007, 09:27:15 pm »
I don't understand why people would bring their spare time activities to school in the first place? School is for learning, not for juggling, skateboarding, or knitting (just had to throw that one in :)) . I'm not surprised people get annoyed by it. I show my friends every now and then, and a few others can juggle as well, and they think it's cool. Keep it as something special, instead of annoying people with it and/or showing off.

Just my thoughts on the matter.
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

Rastaman

« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2007, 10:03:15 pm »
Ok, as you sayd it is your point of the view. Firstly i must say that i am not a "show-off" kind of guy. I just had to bring my diabolos to school because a friend of mine can only see these at school because he lives quite far and can´t stay after school. Soo sorry if i sounded like a "show-off" or something before.
Peace and Love to all diaboloers!

Martijn

« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2007, 11:13:00 pm »
I wasn't aiming my message at anyone in particular.
download Made in Taiwan at www.arjangroenendijk.nl

Matt D

« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2007, 12:39:37 am »
Me and Steve bring our diabolos to school all the time and know one seems to care. Most people actually enjoy watching, I think that bringing my diabolos to school is a great thing for me to do during my unscheduled classes. It helps me relax and then I will be more ready to go to my next class, if all I did was go to the library and study during my off time I think I would kill myself in boredom.

David - SAS1

« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2007, 02:17:30 pm »
Some of us bring ours to school because there is not much better to do at break and it is a chance to learn together as I don't have that much time outside of school to practise.
www.lufbrafever.co.uk fever - Loughborough University Juggling and Circus Society

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2007, 02:44:53 pm »
Sometimes I take my diabolos into school to unwind after a lesson in a quiet quad in school. That'll probably change as the exams draw near. :( At one point there were 20-30 people with diabolos in every day. If you can find a quiet spot and a couple of other people who diabolo lunch/break sessions can be quite productive.
Behind your back is your front.