Author Topic: lights in a performance  (Read 3139 times)

n3mo

lights in a performance
« on: April 22, 2007, 05:19:45 pm »
http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e213/wishuponastxar/friends/?action=view¤t=MVI_3507.flv
that was a little mini-performance at a party...part of it, anyway.

the question though - notice the strobing lights? how do you handle that in a performance?

edit// btw, the DJ chose that song...and turned the lights on. there were some crazy strobes at some points.
- Princeton Juggling Club -

seán_

Re: lights in a performance
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 05:38:56 pm »
More easily than you would that music!

I dont think that would be too hard since the lighted diabolo is easy to focus on. If he was toss juggling he'd be in worse shape.

I did a performance once in a ropey working mans club on a dance floor about 10 foot square, a ceiling so low that I couldnt do big suns, the crowd was all around me shouting and screaming drunkenly, the cd player couldnt read computer burnt cd's and when I started my routine (to some banging hardcore the DJ kindly chose) the lights came on complete with strobes, panning and flashing colours, laser and smoke machine. everything but the bubbles.
I didnt drop but it wasn't my best performance.

Sean -off to have a lie down to put that memory out of my head

Alex!

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 06:44:29 pm »
I've used a lightkit and strobe before and I didn't have a clue what was going on, especialy because the flashing rate was changing. One minute your diabolo is in the air, the next it is on the floor. Really fun though and I suppose I was right next to the light, it may be better from a distance.
STOP! HAMMER 'TIJN

Matt D

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 06:52:02 pm »
Well...you did a really good job at not dropping it with the strobe on you and everything. Generally how I handle strobe lights is...I don't turn them on. If they were turned on by the person who was runing the event I was performing at then I would very quickly change my routine so that I would never do any suicides. That would create less of a chance to screw up I think...

David - SAS1

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 06:28:25 pm »
I think the best way to do it would be to either not turn them on or have them on at a steady speed so that your eyes get used to them and you get used to where the diabolo will go in between flashes
www.lufbrafever.co.uk fever - Loughborough University Juggling and Circus Society

Agehmor

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 06:53:05 am »
I think the best way to do it would be to either not turn them on or have them on at led lighting a steady speed so that your eyes get used to them and you get used to where the diabolo will go in between flashes

Those lights are hard to adjust but your technique seems to be effective.